“fine location, good value, friendly team”

Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune
Ranked #119 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Rooms excellent. Very fine staff and service overall. Great to stay on executive floors. Host team on 25 friendly, engaged, and fun to be with. 1st floor buffet restaurant very nice. Pool comfortable but fitness center very poor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeneralManager-GMFB, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Philip M,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune during your recent visit to Bangkok. I am glad to hear that you had great service from our Club Prestige Team and One Ratchada Restaurant. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Your comment regarding our fitness center has been well noted, we will look into this matter on our next renovation plan. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to welcoming you again. Best Regards, Stanley Chan - General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

As a frequent traveller to Thailand, I have stayed in a lot of hotels, some I have stayed in several times. I decided to try out this hotel as I wanted to be close to the MRT and try the airport train TO the airport. (I have tried using the airport train FROM the airport in previous trips, but never TO the airport).

I got 2 superior rooms, as I saw on the internet the deluxe and superior rooms are basically the same sized rooms, but on different floors. The rooms were of decent size, although it looked smaller than the declared 27 sqm size. The beds are cozy, as other hotels seems to have stiffer beds. Airconditioning was good for both rooms. The bathroom lighting was inadequate by around 1 ceiling light fixture to minimize the existing harsh shadows all over the bathroom. The bedroom floors were wooden, as shown in pictures. But walking barefoot in the room, my feet eventually turned dirty white, which meant the floors are not well mopped/cleaned (both rooms). The TV in my room had poor connectivity. Engineering even went up and fixed it, a loose connection, however, the connection is still questionable because I can still see static on the TV screen. The other room's TV had better reception.

Although I requested for one room on king, another room on double beds, we eventually got 2 rooms on double beds because these are the rooms that are nearest to each other. Here's the catch. Since we got 2 rooms, why is it the double beds in one room is smaller than the other room? I know beds are in these sizes: single, twin, double, queen, and king. It seems one room had twin beds, the other room had double beds. My daughter measured it using the remote control as a makeshift ruler, while I used the bed's sheet they put at the foot of the bed as a measuring tool. When we checked out, I pointed it out to the people at the counter, and they didn't know the beds were not of the same size. My rooms may be the renovated ones, as my card key was already the digital type, I saw some people at the front desk whose room key was still those types with the holes on the card.

Breakfast was buffet, adequate, not lavish. Very nice lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank al22tecc

Dear al22tecc,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune during your recent visit to Bangkok. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location with Airport Link MRT, breakfast and our lobby with new look. Your detailed comment on our room, features and cleanliness has been well noted, I will share with our team. Regarding the bed size, all of our King/Twin beds are the same size except for connecting room beds. Due to layout of connecting rooms, beds in there are approximately 0.5feet width shorter than the others. I believe you had one connecting room to have both rooms to the nearest to each other. Again, we appreciate your time for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming your family again in nearby future. Best Regards, Stanely Chan - General Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Rooms are large (I stayed in a deluxe room) and modern with a great view looking out over downtown Bangkok. Rooms are all well equipped with kettle, tea, coffee etc and a fridge. Huge comfortable bed so I slept well after a long flight. Bathroom also was a good size, clean and modern.There is a large shopping centre right next door and MRT Rama 9 so getting about is easy. Staff at check in were helpful and WiFi worked well. All in all I would be happy to return to this hotel next time I'm in Bangkok as it was excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManager-GMFB, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Becksloves2travel,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune. It's our pleasure receiving postive feed back; I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location next Central Plaza Mall & MRT Station, helpful staff, complimentary WIFI, and well equipped room with huge comfortable bed. Your good sleep certainly is important to us! Again, thank you so much for your comment, this surely will inspire our team for better service for your next visit.
Thank you! Stanley Chan - General Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had another great stay on the 25 floor , service and staff was Excellent , Food was first class and a SPECIAL thanks to Tou and all the staff who looked after us as if we were family.
Roydon & Pimnipha Parkin

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Roydon P,

I am thrilled to read your great comment on our excellent staff and food, it's great to hear that you felt as you were famil. Making you feel like you are home, certainly is what we want and we will forward your compliment to entire team. Again we appreciate you sparing time to leave such a comment, we look forward to welcoming you soon again in future. Have a great day.
Kind Regards, Stanley Chan - General Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GeneralManager-GMFB, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

located at central of city and you will be definitely enjoy your shopping time, night time and dinning around there by walks within 5-15 mins. You also can take an airport railink from airport to terminal of Makasun station and then hire a taxi for 5 mins to hotel or by walks 15 mins or transfer by subway to hotel just one stop.

Dear Sutep L,

Thank you for your positively rated comment on our location and also for your kind guideline on using 'easy reach' public transportaions. I hope these points will bring you back to Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune in future. Again, we think you for your time on sharing your experience with us. Have a great day. Best Regards, Stanely Chan - General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I always stay at tis hotel when in Bangkok. The staff are excellent, the location is good and not hard to get to from the International airport. One of its key features is the IT Mall next door. The restaurants are very good they make the best omelet for breakfast and food is fresh and tasty. The massages are great and the pool good. I am back again in a few days for my 8th visit - that says it all.

Room Tip: Go for a higher quality room worth the extra