We stayed at the Novotel Bangkok Siam Square from 25/11/12 to 28/11/12.
I have to say that the service at this hotel is not what I have come to expect from Novotel. We arrived at 2pm, which is the advertised check in time. I lined up at the Accor Advantage Plus priority line (I'm an Advantage Plus member) for check in only to have non member guests wiating on other lines caled over to our line by the staff manning it and served before us. When I finally got to the front of the line after about 5-10 minutes of waiting I was told that the room wasn't ready and to come back in an hour. The staff completed the check in process and stored out bags and gave me a card to present upon our return. We returned just before 4pm and had to line up again and wait. Once served this time we were advised that we had been given a free room upgrade which was very nice of the hotel to do. We were directed to our room and told someone would bring our bags up straight away.
Upon arriving in the room we found that there was no toilet paper, not good as I was suffering from an upset stomach. I called reception and requested some toilet rolls and was sent 1 roll and a box of tissues which I thought was not good enough. After being in the room for an hour we still had not received our bags. Again I called reception and after being asked how many bags we had was advised they would be sent straight up. 5 minutes later we got a call asking us how many bags we had. Again I advised the staff and was told they would be straight up, only to get a second call a few minutes later asking me what our bags looked like. I gave up and went back down to the lobby and pointed out the bags to the staff. It would appear that the reception staff who I had given my baggage claim ticket to had not forwarded this on to the baggage counter staff even though they are situated about 2 metres away from each other.
On the second day my girlfriend and I were both sick and spent the day sleeping. House keeping honoured the do not disturb sign and left a card requesting we ring when we wanted the room serviced. We called and requested more toilet paper, an hour later still no toilet paper, 2nd call made it finally turned up.
Service is not what I expected. Despite this room was good, food was good, and central location still make this a good hotel they just need to work on their customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is a 4 star hotel in the vibrant centre of Bangkok. With 423 well appointed rooms, this is the perfect destination for both business trips and holidays. Guests can relax by our pool, in one of our 5 bars, or be temptedby the delicious choices available in our 3 restaurants, while our conference facilities are perfect for meetings and functions. Close to transport, entertainment and shopping, the hotel is ideally located. Parking is available for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Bangkok On Siam Square
- Bangkok Novotel