“Impressed”

Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
Ranked #177 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 December 2012

It was my family's first time in Bangkok. We stayed here from 10th Dec to 14th Dec 2012. I must say that the breakfast spread was simply amazing, and the quality of the food was excellent too. The staff at the Square was efficient and systematic. We kept getting our bath towels late but thats expected during high occupancy period. Location was perfect as it was close to most major shopping centres (e.g. Siam Paragon (food court is great), Central World, MBK etc.) We are impressed with Thai people's attitude. They are proud of their culture and are very patriotic. We booked a van to pick us up from the hotel lobby at 1 pm to go to the airport but it didn't show up. 5 minutes after 1 pm the concierge were concerned for us. He offered to call the company for us and asked for our transport. It came eventually due to time miscommunication (not on our part). Apart from this little blemish. it was an amazing trip for us. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
QMR, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Aylwin O,
We are thrilled to note that during the first visit to Bangkok you and your family admired the quality and variety of our breakfast offerings, service and location. We are grateful for recommending us to others and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again.
Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,231)

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Reviewed 12 December 2012

The hotel came highly recommended by my sister for its ideal location. After we returned from our trip, I was reflecting and thinking that it was such an ideal location to stay in especially for families with small children. The staff at the hotel were courteous and efficient; they always had answers to all our questions; they were very helpful and went out of their way to ensure that we had a comfortable stay; the rooms were nice and spacious, with a bigh and high bed to along with it. The bed was super comfortable, giving us a good rest especially after all that shopping frenzy. The bathroom was also clean and shows how environmental concious the hotel is (as they provide toiletries that are earth friendly). The swimming pool was also a nice and relaxing spot to rest in especially on a warm afternoon or just to soothe the tired feet after all the shopping. It was convenient and easy to walk to most shopping centres using the BTS overhead walkway which was located about 5 mins away from the hotel. Using the walkway, one can get to many shopping complexes e.g. Siam Paragon,MBK, Erawan Plaza, Gayson Plaza etc. There are also small shops located on the right of the hotel main entrance which can provide equally good shopping experience. Towards the left of the hotel main entrance, one should visit the Lek Massage where prices are competitive and service is good. Next to it is a shop selling Thai style noodles, which are also cheap and good. Food in the hotel also deserves our praise. Their continental breakfast comes with large variety of foods and during our 3 days' stay, the hotel had never failed to disappoint us with their constant change of menu (so you will not eat the same food every day or every alternate day). Food was also kept and served warm and everything just tasted so good that we almost had 2 hours breakfast everyday! (You should try the porridge; it is so smooth and tasty, children cannot refrain from it) Basically this hotel will be one that I will definitely go back and stay in again especially when travelling with my kids as it is helpful that the hotel is near to most shopping complexs so it is easy to go back for a quick rest when the kids are tired out. Definitely a hotel stay that's worth the value!

4  Thank BP18

Dear BP18,
It is delightful to note that you and your family had a pleasant stay in our hotel and that you were found our central city location ideal, affording easy access to everything imaginable in Bangkok. I noted with a smile your admiration towards our courteous service, facilities and enjoyed our breakfast variety. I am pleased that we will have the opportunity to serve you again and are looking forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed at the Novotel Bangkok Siam Square from 25/11/12 to 28/11/12.

I have to say that the service at this hotel is not what I have come to expect from Novotel. We arrived at 2pm, which is the advertised check in time. I lined up at the Accor Advantage Plus priority line (I'm an Advantage Plus member) for check in only to have non member guests wiating on other lines caled over to our line by the staff manning it and served before us. When I finally got to the front of the line after about 5-10 minutes of waiting I was told that the room wasn't ready and to come back in an hour. The staff completed the check in process and stored out bags and gave me a card to present upon our return. We returned just before 4pm and had to line up again and wait. Once served this time we were advised that we had been given a free room upgrade which was very nice of the hotel to do. We were directed to our room and told someone would bring our bags up straight away.

Upon arriving in the room we found that there was no toilet paper, not good as I was suffering from an upset stomach. I called reception and requested some toilet rolls and was sent 1 roll and a box of tissues which I thought was not good enough. After being in the room for an hour we still had not received our bags. Again I called reception and after being asked how many bags we had was advised they would be sent straight up. 5 minutes later we got a call asking us how many bags we had. Again I advised the staff and was told they would be straight up, only to get a second call a few minutes later asking me what our bags looked like. I gave up and went back down to the lobby and pointed out the bags to the staff. It would appear that the reception staff who I had given my baggage claim ticket to had not forwarded this on to the baggage counter staff even though they are situated about 2 metres away from each other.

On the second day my girlfriend and I were both sick and spent the day sleeping. House keeping honoured the do not disturb sign and left a card requesting we ring when we wanted the room serviced. We called and requested more toilet paper, an hour later still no toilet paper, 2nd call made it finally turned up.

Service is not what I expected. Despite this room was good, food was good, and central location still make this a good hotel they just need to work on their customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Broges,
It is with regret to note your disappointment during your recent stay and I hope that you accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and distress that you experienced. Please rest assured that we will take necessary steps to improve the quality of our service and look forward to an opportunity to provide you with better customer service on a return visit.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed this hotel with my husband during June. We visited our friends there, and they chosed this hotel for us which highly recommended by them.

The room was neat, clean and comfortable.

They really make a correct choice for us. This hotel near to Siam Paragon, there are also a night market near to Hotel, 7 Eleven, massage centre, Hard Rock Cafe and the most important is there is a very nice restaurant which opposite to Hotel.

MRT station also just beside the hotel. I'm so happy that our friends make a correct choice for us.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Reginexyteo,
Thank you for your kind words and we are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. We definitely look forward to your return and an opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience once again.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

We had stayed at this hotel for the past 5 years whenever we are on holidays in bangkok & it's kinda like a second home for us. The security & concierge teams wud not fail to say hello & welcome us warmly. Furthermore the hotel is near to so many shopping malls & bts is less than 5 mins walk. Always a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler,
We noted the positive inflection of your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stays with us throughout the past 5 years. Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your memorable experiences with others. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Following a rather poor start to our Thai holiday at the Novotel Airport hotel (see separate review) and having complained to the reception when we checked out, we did expect -- and did get after an initial stumble -- a better stay at the sister hotel in Siam Square, Bangkok's shopping area.
We'd had a wonderful holiday and wanted to end it in a nice way by booking an executive room on the premier floor. This gave us a private check-in, which was very welcoming, access to the Premier Lounge for breakfast, all-day refreshments and evening cocktails (5pm-7pm).
We must say this was a treat after a rather bad start: we were given an executive room that seemed ridculously laid out -- there was hardly 18 inches of space between the end of the bed and the TV cabinet, which restricted easy movement somewhat. After we complained, we were moved to a more satisfactory room -- the one advertised on their website. One feature we found very interesting is the on-off switch variation to the normal shower blind.
We didn't find the food particularly exciting -- for example, the tom yang gung, a typical Thai soup, although acceptable, could have been richer and tastier.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidaytime26
QMR, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Dear holidaytime26,
Thank you for choosing to end your holiday in our hotel and I am glad to note that you finally had a pleasant stay after few inconvenient circumstances. I am sorry that our Tom Yam Kung did not meet your taste and have shared your comment with our chef for further improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again.