Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
SO Sofitel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$275
US$222
4,386 results
All reviewsgreat locationpremier loungecentral worldwithin walking distancemajor shopping mallssuperior roombig shoppingfoot massagebts stationmassage placescorner roombuffet breakfastshopping areahotel lobbyexecutive floorlate checknight market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

Its one of the best hotels in BKK.The staff are very friendly and helpful. They made the stay for me and my family very pleasant and welcomed.The breakfast served are very mouth watering and simply delicious.I would like to give credit to the staff at the lobby at my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012
QMR, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Dear Jonathan T,
It is with delight to note that you had an excellent stay in our hotel and pleasure to share your recognition of good service to the team; which serves as motivation to keep up the good work. Hope to have the chance of welcome you in 2013.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Was booking 2 rooms at this hotel for a night stay on 16-Dec.
Arriving at the hotel around 2pm but only manage to get 1 rooms at 4.30pm...
At first was told "system down" ! Then, house keeping did not answer / reply!
Finally get 1 room at 4.30pm but was told that another room (connected room) still under cleaning and will inform us once ready.
The second room were finally clean (inform by cleaner) but did not receive confirmation and rooms key from the front desk... Finally, I need to approach the front desk by myself to get the key and it was already 6pm...
Worst hotel I stay ever! Certainly not return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Jacky9704,
Thank you very much for your constructive review which helps us improve our services and facilities. I have noted with regret the delay with the room allocation which caused you inconvenience and disappointment. Please accept my apology for this and we hope to provide you with a better experience in the future should you decide to change your mind and choose us again. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here for the 5th time over the past few years. I find the location being right next to the Skytrain & opposite the Siam Paragon very convenient.

As this is a grand old lady, I opted to stay in a refurbished Deluxe Room. So it was a newish looking & comfortable room.

Buffet breakfast was good & had a big variety. Warning, do not come at peak hour as you may have to queue & there will be a mad rush.

One of the very important aspects of any traveller (on business or for pleasure) is good Internet access & especially a good wifi service.

Am happy to report that the Novotel Siam Square offers free Wifi & cable connected LAN Internet for all guests.

Unfortunately, this is where it all goes to pieces & crumbles like a house of cards. the wifi once connected will stay on for almost 10 seconds before booting you off & sacking you to login. This extremely frustrating cycle will continue for any user of wifi at the hotel. At first I thought it was just me but later when I went to reception I heard another guest complaining about the same experience to hotel reception. I had a slightly better experience by using the LAN point plugged into my notebook as it only booted me off & requested for me to sign in after 15 minutes. This cycle continued after each 15minutes.

Suffice to say that if I only had my iPad or iPhone or tablet that had only wifi capabilities then the hotel's wifi capabilities would have rendered me back to the dark ages.

The sad part is that there was no way to pay for a better service.

I believe that hotels who are serious about being relevant to the modern traveller have to ensure that a good wifi service is offered.this is especially so in Bangkok where there are so many other hotels within 15 minutes walk of this property.

I do hope to read future reports from fellow travellers of the wifi being good in this hotel or I may not come back for fear of not being able to be connected to the worLd wide web.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room as it is nicer & have breakfast before the hordes hit around 30minutes before closing time
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Edster88,
Thank you for your taking the time to let us know how you felt during your recent stay. I am glad that you were pleased with our newly renovated room and breakfast variety. Concerning the inconsistency with Wireless Internet connectivity, we are currently installing additional router in guest rooms to improve the reception and apologize for the inconvenience caused at this time. Hopefully, this will improve during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed here for the location and comfort of the hotel.. Lots of food and shopping just steps away from the hotel. This trip the service level at the hotel had improved a lot too. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds... Very good for much needed sleep and rest after all that shopping.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Seabelle19,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sparing your time to share your views with others. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay, appreciate our service, room and location, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here several times because of the location. Waited 4 hours for my room, no clear indication when the room will be ready. All they said was 'we are waiting for the call from housekeeping'! While waiting at the lobby, I have observed that many guests were facing similar frustrations. I greeted one of the receptionist but was ignored instead. This hotel needs some serious retraining for the staff-front desk, housekeeping, etc. What has the upper management been doing?

I would rather forgo the benefit of good location and choose other hotels for my next trip!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear choonpon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am sorry that we could not meet your satisfaction during your stay. I have noted your various points and will strive harder to improve the quality of our products and services. We hope to welcome you again on future occasion to provide you with a better impression of our service.