“I'd stay there again.”

Ranked #171 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“I'd stay there again.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed there with a mate in October 2013 and over-all we were impressive. If anything, it was superior to a 5-star hotel we stayed at in a neighboring city.
It's in a good location, the staff were friendly and professional and the complementary breakfast was great.
The staff were also helpful in organizing tours we had organized but had trouble contacting the guides the day beforehand.
I'd happily stay here again next time I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
David B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Paul S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others in the Tripadvsior community. We are pleased to learn that that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for noting the warmth & hospitality. I apologize, however, for the inconvenience in contacting the Tour Guide. We look forward to your return.
David Baldwin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My stay was fantastic. The hotel is definitely run like that of a well-managed international chain. The best thing about Novotel Siam Square is its key location opposite tier one malls in Bangkok, such as Siam Paragon, Siam Centre and Central World, and the legendary MBK Centre is not far. It is also next to the Siam BTS Station which is convenient for one to get around Bangkok. There are also many good restaurants and street food stalls nearby, which makes this hotel the place to stay for a vacation in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear twcsingapore,
Thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangkok. I’m thrilled to learn that your stay was fantastic and you appreciated our prime location. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at Novotel Siam Square from 25 December 2013 to 28 December 2013 together with 3 friends. This is my second time staying in Novotel Siam Square and the last time I stayed was on 21 December 2012.

Upon reaching at 2pm, the lady at the check in counter informed us that our rooms are not available. Our much earlier request for a connecting room submitted in July 2013 via Agoda could not be met too. Never mind. There was only 1 room available and the other room will only be available in another hour's time.

After lunch, I went to check in and our request for a late check out was not acceded notwithstanding that we had again through Agoda requested for it in July 2013. Our friends who checked in an hour earlier was given a late check out to 1pm, but us? Nope. No late check-out. Ok, no worries.

When I checked into my room after a late lunch, no bedroom slippers were provided. Never mind. The housekeeping staff was cleaning up a nearby room and I pop over to request for bedroom slippers and guess what? Novotel's bedroom slippers are recycled! They handled to me 2 pairs of bedroom slippers which looked worn - though these were the best looking ones from the stacks that they had. Wow. What a revelation!

The 2nd day when we came back to our rooms after shopping, I noticed that the bathroom's floor towel was not replaced! And I noted that this was not replaced during my 4D3N stay.

Our last day, me and my friend requested for a taxi to bring us to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. There was a family of 4 waiting in front of us who requested the concierge to call for a maxi-taxi (i.e. those sedan kinds with a much larger boot area) and the hotel called 1 for them. When a normal taxi came, the concierge told us whether we are ok with paying THB400 all in (inclusive of toll). I inquired how much would it usually cost and he seemed more interested in getting us into the taxi as he replied "It's around that price". Ok. The taxi looked very old. Not those polished pink taxis you will usually see on the roads.

After our luggages were stored in the boot and we open the passenger doors of the taxi, guess what?! A swarm of flies greeted us in the face! What the hell! Against my better judgement, I boarded the taxi and completely wind down the window. The taxi engine sounds cranky like it's going to be dead any moment and I did wonder whether it could last us all the way to the airport. Amazing, the old AND flies congested taxi did survived the 40km marathon journey to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. Applause!

The bathroom slipper and floor towel to me are small issues, which I could just let go. But the fact that Novotel is a reputable hotel chain group, I expect much more from their housekeeping and concierge services. To me, the old, worn, flies congested taxi was the last straw.

Seriously, Novotel Siam Square management, if you are looking at my review, I rate my overall experience staying in your hotel in year 2013 to be a 2/5 as compared to the 4/5 in year 2012! The only saving grace of Novotel Siam Square is just its location. And like my title says - that's all to it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andreamorientes
Dear Andreamorientes,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I’m very sorry to learn of your disappointment. I am disappointed as well to learn of our poor performance, and apologize for the lack of hospitality at the desk, and poor judgment shown by the door team. I assure you that we take your comments to heart, and hope that we will have the opportunity to win back your confidence one day.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife & myself visited Bangkok last December (20th - 24th). Let us run down the list from Pros then Cons

Location. We have stayed in 3 different Novotel in Bangkok, this one is the best. Just few minutes walk to sky train station, where you can travel to many places within Bangkok. Nearby Shopping malls are huge & convenient. Therefore, it is very convenient to have food, market.......a big plus here.

Sleep Quality. Bed is okay but we unfortunately stayed in 6th floor, a bit noisy for us. recommend to ask for higher floor, a must if you are a light sleeper. ..... A pass

Services. Satisfactory & not the best, but definitely not the worse. A pass.

Breakfast. Plenty of choices from western to Asian cuisine. we would say, Good.

Overall, it is nice & convenient to stay here.......

Now, the cons.

The room we stayed in, room614, there are cockcroahes near the mini bar area.....Urg!

The public taxi the hotel assisted, nightmare experience. With turbo engine & formula one driver like attitude, that easily our worst airport trip by taxi whatsoever........Please make sure check out the taxi you about to fetch. Just plain sufferssssssssssssssss. Noisy & almost fainted due to speeding/Braking frequently.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
David B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Agnenick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review. It is certainly a pleasure to read your many warm and constructive comments. I am very sorry, however, to read of the unpleasant experiences you encountered, and apologize for these lapses. I am sorry that a poor choice of taxi took away from the pleasant experiences you had, and expect, in Bangkok. I thank you again for your kind words, and hope we can finish on a better note next time.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Absolutely superb hotel!
Room, dining, hotel staff, concierge, business centre and service desk were all first class.
Location was perfect - walking distance to both skytrain station (Siam) and top notch shopping (Paragon, Discovery, Central, etc).
This is my "home" in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear 0utback,
I appreciate that you took the time to share your wonderful experience. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our hospitality, and the vibrant neighborhood . We look forward to seeing you again, and providing another wonderful experience on a future visit.
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Clean and has a good reception staff. Beakfast is fairly good not Waw but not bad. Location is good and access to BTS is great. I only had a very tough time with my kids in the new year night. The noise was horrible and we had had to wake up at 6 am next day for a flight. When I called the night manager, she admitted that she has no control over any thing !!! She could neither manage to reduce noise level nor to find me an alternate room away from noise. I said that I won't pay for a night during which I couldn't sleep. She said she can't make such a decision on such and she offered me a limo to the airport instead! Probably to sleep in on the way to the airport ! .. Not recommended.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear HussamSherif,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your candid comments. I’m pleased that you appreciate our reception staff and convenient location. I am sorry, however, to learn that your stay ended on a poor note due to the noise from the New Year’s Eve celebration. I apologize for not being able to find a suitable solution for you at that time, but assure you that the Manager on Duty’s gesture was sincere. I thank you for your patience, and hope to have a chance to welcome you again. I assure you that every effort will be made to re-gain your confidence.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel countless times.....this has the best location.
Pretty much everything just stones throw away, like BTS, MBK, Paragon, Hard Rock Caffe and lots of markets and food places. Only sad thing is the night club(CM2) in the hotel basement, used to be the number one place to go.... It's need some urgent TLC!!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear aus6378,
Thank you for your kind support and sharing your experience with us. It is wonderful to note that we are your preferred address in Bangkok and that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of the Siam Square shopping district. I appreciate your sentimental and candid comments about the night club. We have actually closed the doors after New Year’s Eve, and are considering several options for new services or entertainment. Thank you again for your continued support, and we hope to welcome you again soon.