“Fantastic Hotel.”

Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
Ranked #176 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Perfect location, great service, spacious, comfortable rooms. We stayed here as a group of four families including 7 kids in all. We had wonderful experience. We had taken junior suites which were quite spacious with excellent view of the city skyline. The suite on the 13th floor came with an attached private terrace. We had a couple of great evening sitting out on with the entire group.
Even though it is primarily a business hotel, the hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. Especially the kids were always met with a friendly smile. We were extended access to the premium lounge, which served delicious snacks and some refreshing drinks in the evening. The food quality was above average. The breakfast buffet had a good spread of options.
The hotel is very well located in the hip Siam Square area which has a lot chic boutique outlets for food and shopping. There is a hard rock just across the street about a 2-3 minute walk. The location is also perfect if you want to indulge in some shopping as it is an easy 5 minute walk from major shopping malls like Siam discovery centre, Siam Paragon and MBK. I would recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: If travelling with family, the junior suites are highly recommended. The one on 13th floor comes Wi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
David B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear vishal_bhatnagar,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. We are thrilled to know that you took full advantage of the spacious balcony and shared the view with friends! Also, it is nice to hear that our team made you and your family feel welcome, and added to your enjoyment.. I will be sure to pass your compliments along. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Cannot complain about the quality of the room and hotel, it was nice with good facilities. Service was a little disappointing, some of the staff were good, others didn't care so much. It was particularly galling to have to queue to enter the breakfast because the hotel were selling the buffet to people from outside. Good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Recently stayed at the Novotel on Siam Square with my family. The hotel has a great location, with restaurants, massage parlours, taxis, malls, MRT station all within walking distance. The rooms are cosy and very clean.Housekeeping staff extremely friendly and courteous. The breakfast spread was amazing, especially the local fruits section.The pool can do with a little upkeep, otherwise all facilities fantastic. Worth every penny!! Thank you Novotel staff.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is located right in the heart of the city, i don't think any room offers a sceni...

Dear Pmalhotra,

It is great to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed both our gracious service, robust breakfast, and cozy accommodations. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you again during a return visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night and realized that this hotel has a lot to offer based on its location. Mall is a few step away from the hotel. But there were a few problems that would keep me away from this hotel in the future, and I travel to Bangkok quite often. I requested the front desk to extend my checkout time to 3:00 pm and they wanted to charge me full one day stay which I had to negotiate to half day. And the the half day was not based on what I paid for the night I stayed there and was a lot higher. I tried to make sense to the lady at the front desk that they were allowing me extended checkout till 2 pm, why not 1 extra hour? Well she was extremely adamant and still charged me half price based on a higher price. I am still upset that none of the hotels I have stayed in has ever dealt with me like that and I will never stay at this hotel in the future. The room has dirty carpet and it seriously took the front desk 45 mins to provide me room service menu. This hotel is only good for its location and that's it.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel with better customer service.......
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kaiser K

Dear Kaiser K.,

I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience, and regret that we were not more gracious in addressing your late check-out request. Clearly this lack of hospitality falls short of both yours and my expectations, and I offer my sincere apology. Despite falling short on this occasion, we have proven through the years to be more than a great location, and I hope that we will have the chance to provide you better experience, and win back your confidence one day. Thank you for your visit and for your candid comments.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was given early check in, free breakfast during check in, free breakfast for the rest of my stay (which I didn't buy earlier), free high-tea and all-day snack in the executive lounge, free extra bed for my child. What else can I say....flawless service!!!
The hotel is a bit old but the interior is well refurbished. Bathroom was small but bedroom size was decent. The bed was also felt new and comfortable.
Best thing about this hotel is the location. Right in the middle of Siam Square, huge malls opposite, shops and eateries all around. Siam BTS is only 3 minutes walk.

Room Tip: Choose Premier Room or Junior Suite and above to enjoy the advantages of the executive lounge. Belie...
1  Thank Reinaldo_dc
Reviewed 11 June 2014

got off the sky train at Siam station & the hotel is 100 metres away.
very quiet & the staff very friendly & beer is cold
other than breakfast at the hotel (very good) we ate at the big gourmet food court on other side of Siam Station - excellent

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com