“Superb location and a comfortable hotel!”

Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
Ranked #174 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We chose Novotel on Siam Square mostly for its location... Paragon mall...mbk mall all within a few minutes walk! Very alive area...with lots of shopping and eating....including the road side shopping and eating! Tuk tuks are available here very easily and there is very good sky train connectivity too.
Now coming to the hotel,its a nice and comfortable hotel, with basic amenities in a standard room. Wi Fi is free which is a plus point.
Food is tasty and not very expensive. If u like thai curries..dont forget to try their green and red curries...but dont forget to mention how spicy you want them to be! Their spread of Continental, Asian and Indian breakfast spead is amazing!
Staff is very helpful and cooperative. The check in and check out process was quick and they provided us with our room before the check in time which was great as we were travelling with our 3yr old daughter.
Over all a good experience and if u want to cut down on your commuting problems of bangkok traffic...this is the best option!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of days in the hotel with 2 children and the room and beds are big enough for the 4 of us. The location is great for the siam paragon kids attractions and mbk for shopping. The problem with the hotel is that the service doesn't fit the number of rooms. We always had to wait 5 to 10 minutes to get a table for breakfast and the big disappointment was that in one of the days the room was not cleaned yet when we came back at 7pm and had to chase them for clean towels.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Over the years stayed in many BKK hotels across different locations. I think from most of the Novotel chain hotels the Platinum one is the best, modern, clean with great views. Although Novotel Bangkok on Siam Sq has the best location! You just want get tired walking anywhere!

The hotel itself would use a good modernization as you can see its not as new as the Platinum one, still the rooms were very clean. We stayed on the 6th floor with windows set west. Our view was blocked by the new mall that has been just finished. So if you want to stay here take the upper floor rooms for better views. The other downside was that the hotel reception was always busy. At the check in had to wait 10 minutes to get a room.
Other then that we had great room service, food portions were big and tasty. The pool is very nice and there is a great gym. Free WiFi in the rooms and at the lobby.
Again the location is just a dream,easy access to BTS Skyrain, minutes walk to MBK, SIAM Paragon and Centralworld isn't that far too. There are hundreds of restaurants on Siam Sq with some great just across the hotel. Its also a central point for shoppers of all kinds! The airport is just 30-40 minutes away if you take the highway. You can also come by train and the hop on to BTS which will take you directly to the hotel (BTS Siam SQ Station).
I will definitely comeback for the location!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My only motivation in booking Novotel Bangkok on Siam was that it was close to the train station. I was willing to take an average room if it provided me with this convenience as my only objective was to get a room to lay my head for the night as I would be out the whole day. Novotel Siam seemed like the best choice as it claimed to be 200 meters from the Siam MRT.

I am glad to say that not only were my expectations met, they exceeded by miles. Firstly the claim that the hotel is 200 meters from the Siam MRT seems false as it seems much closer - all you have to do is get out of the side door and walk a few paces to get to the elevator that takes you to the trains.

The breakfast is heavenly with a dedicated corner for those guests with halal preferences with a variety of dishes that are changed daily.

The swimming pool is very good, though a little cold at times with good shades provided for those who do not want to be tanned.

The overall customer service is very good with everyone from reception, room service and other requests taken care of pronto. I would like to especially point out the bellboy service is exceptional - prompt and very convenient. The senior bellboy is very accommodating and does his job very well - my salute to him.

The only sour moment of the stay happened at breakfast on the morning of 26th June when while having dinner with my family and children (Aged 7 and 1.5 years) that the little one started having a screaming fit. It had hardly lasted for a minute or so while my wife had gone to get some tea and we were trying to calm him down that a waiter (with a Mohawk hairstyle) came to our table in front of all the guests and very loudly and rudely said "This is not a private room, please quite down the baby'. This not only was embarrassing to us and rude but it went against all the basic principles of hotel management that I have known, and which I am sure the Mohawk guy had no idea of. I communicated this to him and also had a word with the reception at the hotel which you may check. No apology was forthcoming. This experience was very disappointing and left a sour taste despite an overall good experience. If this is the policy of the hotel, then children should not be allowed for children below a certain age or children should not be allowed in the hotel overall. This led to me and my wife having breakfast at separate times in the next two days which was not how we had planned the holiday.

2  Thank adilnoormohd
David B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear adilnoormohd,

Thank you very much for the many kind words you shared. I am thrilled that your recent visit provided many happy moments. I am equally disappointed, however, to learn of the exchange in the restaurant. That is certainly not the level of hospitality that I expect, nor that you deserve. It can be difficult for all when little ones are uncomfortable, and we certainly could have offered our assistance instead. I thank you for bringing this to my attention, and apologize for our lapse.

Once again, we thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel Siam Square, and appreciate both your warm comments and candid observations. I hope that we will have the opportunity to win back your confidence in a future visit.

David Baldwin

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Gurujimahraj
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Teo J
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

1st time stayed with my 2 teenage. Love the massage opposite, Chang Massage. Free wifi in the room up to 5 users. Breakfast was great. 20min walk to Central World n 30min walk to the new mall Central Embassy. Was abit disappointed as we stay on the low floor.

Stayed: June 2014