“Never Stay Here”

Ranked #236 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“Never Stay Here”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel is the dirtiest hotel i have ever stayed in. It smells really awful. Unclean toilets. Bad service.
- I called the reception for an empty glass, she said come and take it yourself! (what type of hotel is this?)

- The concierge literally threw my luggage at my room door, didnt even bother to keep it inside.

- The hotel rooms are all stinking.

- Extra bedding and mattress is kept outside on each rooms door, which is an unpleasant sight.

All in all, this is the worst I could have imagined, this totally spoiled my Thailand experience.

Also, when me and some other annoyed guests went to meet the manager, the receptionist said he was busy. Whereas I could see him in front of us hiding from all the angry guests. He quietly tip toed into the elevator and out of our sight.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. Please dont stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The location of this hotel is nice, close to the BTS and park. We had a good time there after see some review, we were not sure whether we should stay in this hotel or not but we try and we were not disappointed. The check in was smooth, rooms were ok. Its in the center so there are a lot of things to do around the hotel area.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor, which was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ka Lae, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 August 2013

A last minute booking at an acceptable rate online. The large room is the best attribute. It wasn't unclean but has an aura of sinfulness. This could be good for some in-room cocktails late night. As a solo traveler dealing with USembassy business I prefer a smaller room with a fresher feeling. The photos are a bit misleading...

Room Tip: Room with wood floor is okay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through an agency just up the street from the hotel, they showed me photos and it looked really good, I had a choice between the tune hotel and this, because tune took so long to check for availability I booked this hotel, what a big mistake!!!
After checking in got to my room where I noticed, the bathroom suite had no enamel paint left on the bath it was a yellow brown colour the toilet was the same, the hotel looks like it is stuck in the 1970s, it's got the old style bed side cabinets with all the electric buttons but do not work,the carpets are worn and tired, towels that were cleaned and left by cleaners had brown stains and marks like hair dye or henna,toilet had the remains of the last tenants dinner in it,the hotel seems to cater for large groups of Indian men, who spend most of their time with the 3 massauer girls by the lifts, and there's always large groups of men standing by the lobby and front door, it's difficult to get in or out of the hotel entrance,there are also lots of Indian men waiting outside to sell you crap watches, and harass you when your eating your dinner in any of the 2 restaurants at the front of the hotel, which are independently run.
The worst was yet too come, on my 2nd day I woke up to banging shouting in the room to my left the room to my right, and also from the room above, i opened my door to find a pile of rubbish outside and at least 200 mattresses stacked along all corridors of the hotel on all floors, and down where they have a little water pond thing there was beds and rubbish everywhere, the hotel gave no warning no notices were put up, no notes shoved under doors nothing, this noise banging and mess went on for 6 days that I was staying there and I'm sure is still on going, I asked what was going on and was told a whole upgrade of the hotel was taking place, with the guests still inside, I've never ever seen anything like it before, I have taken pics which I will share, on my 3rd day i returned from the dry cleaners and as I got out of the lift, I noticed 2 hotel employees coming out of my room, I asked them why we're they in my room, they just said you must contact reception, I asked but why were you 2 men in my room, I got no reply,about 1 hour later i was walking past reception and the man on reception said to me you must move rooms right away, I said it will take me time too pack, 2 mins later there was a woman knocking saying I had to leave right away, I said I'm packing I was moved 4 times that day every room had had a problem, one had human waste in it, the next room had the controls and taps to the shower dismantled and lying in the bath, the next had electrical problems and the bath and toilet were thilthy I called the man from reception and told him this was just not good enough, safes didn't work dirty bathrooms electrical problems, even on this floor were lots of mattresses beds everywhere, you couldn't get to the lifts because of all the beds were stacked against the lifts, it was unbelievable, I have stayed in hotels for a quarter of the price of this hotel and they were cleaner and better service, all staff need retraining they have no PR skills cannot hold talks with customers always have to call someone else or maybe 2 people,their English is terrible,everything is too much bother for reception staff,even when you go for breakfast in the morning you have to get a token, a person waits oppersite to pounce on you and check the token with suspicion even though they watched you get it from a member of staff, I could only drink coffee there the food just looked bad, I have nothing good to say about this hotel only staY away there many many guest houses nearby and hotels like tune which are clean and cost less, I would never ever stay here again even for free...

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank maloy
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the guestroom and bathroom and all these problems are being addressed.

I have taken up the matter with the hotel staff that it is absolutely imperative to display a good attitude towards hotel guests at all times.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation in all the guest rooms and public areas of the hotel to improve the overall standard.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park Hotel in the future.

Vikaran Shivdasani

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed as a family and contrary to the reviews below we found the hotel to be decent and very well located right close the sky train. I think it was good value for money and the staff was willing to provide their best service. I'd say good place for on-budget travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vikanshu_B
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel was a part of package I took, one of the most horrible experience.
The hotel is very old and everything is in terrible. Toilets are very bad, lacks cleanliness.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.
The staff is non cooperating, one should never stay here if travelling with family.
Finally had to shift the hotel. Avoid it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, 1 July 2013

Crewe, England
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The photos all the websites show a breakfast area that is now a rubbish dump and a breakfast that no longer exists. The breakfast area is now a dump for old beds. The new breakfast area is opposite reception.

Booking.com website says in it's advertising 'Offering all-day dining (No. that is a lie. Restaurant closes after breakfast) hearty breakfast buffets (not if you are a European it isn't) are served in Palm Court's (among's the dirty old beds?) setting'.

This hotel was a great hotel when i stayed in 2005 and had a good English breakfast with bacon. Now no bacon. There is NOTHING for the Brits to eat. It is now an Indian package tour hotel and there is NO restaurant open all day. No butter to put on the bread - just ghee!

Even the staff won't eat the rubbish that is dished up for breakfast.

there was late night noise and shouting going on which I suspect had something to do with the seedier side of life.

Avoid this dump like the plague!

Room Tip: Go to the Tai Pan Hotel or the Ambassdor Hotel. Great hotels with bacon
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have made a note of your comments regarding the breakfast and will make sure all these points are addressed.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation of the entire hotel.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.