Check Inn Regency Park
Okura Hotels
US$260
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewsindian breakfastswimming poolfamily martbig roomdecent hotelrooms are spacioussoi cowboyclean hotelbangkok citypleasant staywelcome drinkmetro stationsukhumvit roadwalking distanceearly checkhotel staffatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Firstly i would like to thank Expedia for providing me deal easy on my pocket with good discounts. But to be frank as promised on Expedia site regarding my hotel stay at Check Inn Regency Park Bangkok, things where not the same. When i entered the lane where my hotel was located, i was quite happy as i had done a wise decision for choosing this location as it was centrally located from airport & my other place of visits. As i entered my hotel i was majorly disappointed as hotel was under renovation, later the reception staff was unable to find my booking for least 15 minutes. As they had check-in of 2 pm i still had reached hotel at 3 pm but still after confirming my booking i was being told to wait for 15 mins more as my room was not ready. My booking was room+breakfast for which also i had to confirm with the staff as they were not aware of it. Second disappointment was when i entered my room, the moment i stepped in got a foul carpet odor, which kept coming whenever i kept moving in-out of room. In my booking i was being told that 32 inch LCD TV shall be provided along with vast range of entertainment channels but here the story was different, though we had a big tv but not LCD it was a regular one & vast range of channels were limited to 7 to 8 odd channels which least had any entertainment. There was suppose to be a Mini Bar / Hair Dryer which was found no where in the room. A closet provided was in shambles, you cant dare to keep your clothes in the mess. Adding salt to my injuries was when i entered to check the shower as on website i was promised awesome shower with a glass enclosed shower but i got was a stained bathtub on which the tap knob was popping off leaving the entire bathroom sprayed wet. I also requested for a change of room, which the staff helped me with but it turned out to be worst then the current i was staying in, so i dropped the idea of changing my room.
The Air-con in room is outdated so don't expect any fancy remote. What pisses you most is the thai massage joint right inside the hotel lobby which has some close to expiry date females for service & every now & then you move out of elevator they keep calling MASSAGE MASSAGE.....i mean you are in a good hotel then why you have to act like a roadside vendor.

Over all i can say that this hotel is located well as per the city layout, one can certainly try it out if he or she wants to go bit easy on their pockets.

Room Tip: Cant say as my room was having a view of other hotels backyard...:)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sanket T
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed for a few days before heading to Myanmar, good location not far from bts and shopping mall if that's your thing, for the money I paid I was delighted, air con worked fine, room was big, comfortable bed, not to noisy, my only gripe was the bathroom needed a new one badly, having said that the shower was very powerful so no real worries. Breakfast not great eat out
Staff were ok but not the best customer service I have had in Bangkok.

Room Tip: 5th floor was good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in mid October 2013, initially for 2 days before we went to Phuket and upon our return we went back for another 2 days
The rooms is similar to much more expensive hotels, you even get slippers and gowns to use

This hotel is spotlessly clean and has a lovely little restaurant on street level that caters for Thai and tasty western food, first time I see Bangers and mash on a menu in Thailand

Staff is friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed our time there

Try to get rooms on the left side of the Hotel (facing the Hotel); it seems that these are the new or upgraded side of the Hotel

Walking distance from Asok BTS

Can recommend this Hotel with confidence

i stayed there

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 312595Apollo47
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is in the proces of renovating the rooms. This didn't disturb me and anyway it's almost done. I had the good fortune to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms and really enjoyed it.
A great thing about this hotel is that when you need to see the manager he will make himself available.

Room Tip: Don't take the Deluxe rooms, go straight for the Superior. Bathrobe, slippers, soaps and champoo and all the amenities you need.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Francois331
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This hotel provides great customer service to everyone who stays here. The manager vic goes out of his way to ensure that customers are taken care of. I have been staying at this hotel for 13 years and am always taken care of. I book rooms every year and they give me the best rate available. The rooms are clean and all the employees treat you with respect.

Room Tip: Look for value as you really only sleep at the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business