Lowest prices for your stay
US$54
Hotels.comUS$53
PricelineUS$56
Trip.comUS$49
2,159 results
All reviews shopping mall chatuchak cafe suan bua weekend market central department store business trip nice hotel club level mrt station international airport breakfast buffet rooftop bar business hotel yothin taxi thai convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The first impression of the hotel was great but the experience got worst by such unwelcoming staffs at the check in reception. I personally asked if there is a wifi available, they just answer you have to to pay not free! ( That was it)

I stayed for 4 nights and my room still had dirts left on the floors for a few days when I come back to my room at the end of the day and the mat were missedly placed. I didn't think I would get this from a clamed 5stars hotel. The pillow is too low and soft that it had given me neckpain. Moreover, I walked pass the cleaning ladies many times and she never once smile nor said Good morning to me. The housekeeping and room service were very slow and never bring things with a smile.

Furthermore, I was staying in the club floor. One day I wanted to check out the sky bar before I go in the evening for some drinks. I went up and saw the sign of the club lounge privileged for club floors guest and hotel's members. I went in and ask if my room is eligible and the staff asked for my room number, I told him and he just said no your room doesn't have privileged. I asked why not? He just said in straight face you're not a club member and your room were upgraded to club floor only because our hotel is full. How rude can you be???

I was deeply disappointed with the services of Centara's Staffs considered it's a reputable hotel. Although, the bellmen were very helpful and friendly. That's the only good service I receive from here,
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Thailand has one of the best service staffs in the whole world as for my own experience; this hotel provides nothing like what other hotels in Thailand would.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Chantha T
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest
I Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful state of Singapore
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
I am really sorry that you did not found our hotel standard and staff attitude up to your expectation.
If I may request for you to contact me directly, I would be hopeful to make all enquiries and investigation to take the appropriate corrective measure.
The Centara collaborators are very appreciative and hope to welcome you again soon in Bangkok
michelse@chr.co.th

Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I spent a night here on July 7 as I was going to a Kpop concert at the convention centre nearby that night.

Check in was a breeze. When I asked if I could get breakfast added to our room (I booked the hotel via booking.com in May without breakfast), the reception staff recommend that I upgraded to Club room to enjoy not just breakfast but also snacks, tea and cocktail all day-long. The 2000baht upgrade fee sounded reasonable, so we agreed. The best decision we made!

The club level was on the topmost floor (24th) and had a beautiful view of Bangkok. We had fun taking photos there and everyone told us how nice the pictures were :)

Staff were friendly and ever helpful. The room was not that big but it was comfortable. Internet was expensive but fast and served my husband well when he needed to submit his assignment over his uni's learning management system.

As I didn't have company to the concert, staying close to the venue was crucial. I felt safe walking to and back from the convention centre through the carpark at 10pm as there were plenty of shoppers making their way out of the mall at that time.

I was really impressed with Central Mall. Just outside the mall, you can find food stalls etc which the locals go to.

We took the train from the airport to get to this hotel. We found it on our own just by relying on Google maps. Fyi, the station nearest to this hotel is Pahon Yothin MRT. We just walked with our suitcase to the hotel. Fussy travellers with very heavy suitcases might want to get a cab. But we travelled relatively light and didn't mind walking/carrying our suitcase up and down the stairs when there were no escalators. Bangkok is hot this time of the year (even for me, a Malaysian) but walking in the heat didn't bother us.

My husband swam a little bit after breakfast on the morning before we checked out. The pool was empty and the water looked inviting.

The location of the hotel is not central but it is near Chatuchak a place that I had to give a miss because of time constraints, but I love it! If there is another kpop concert at the convention centre, I know where I am staying! Maybe next time, I can pop by Chatuchak market :)

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Mrs Susie
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur.
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the positive review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We attended a conference at the hotel and found it very enjoyable . Breakfast is fantastic a real fusion experience. The only challenge was making sure that taxi drivers took you to the right Centara Grand! On two occasions taken to the Centara at Central Plaza 45mins-1 hour away.
Service was pretty good though disappointed when trying to get a taxi the door men made no effort and tried to hustle us into a hotel limo. The shuttle to the local train station was good though and that is the way to travel

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful island of Fiji .
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
We are sorry that you did not found our doorman attitude totally satisfactory.
We will share your concerns with the respective members of our team.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is greatly let down by it's lack of free WIFI. I booked my room through booking.com & mistakenly thought this hotel offered free wifi to guests like almost every other hotel in Bangkok. I was shocked when checking in last night that they charge is 790 baht per day!!! (approx $26). I complained about this to the night manager who agreed with me that the hotel should offer free wifi like every other hotel in the area. I was annoyed because I need WIFI for business & would now need to go to an internet cafe to answer my emails. He assured me that the General manager (who would be on duty this morning) would phone me & may be able to offer me the free wifi as I am staying for 3 nights. It is now 1pm & still no call from General Manager to resolve this. Another black mark against this hotel for not phoning me as promised.

This is a great shame as the hotel is otherwise nice & offering free wifi to guests is something everyone comes to expect these days. I will not be staying here again nor recommending it to anyone who requires WIFI, which is just about everyone these days! A big disappointment for Centara.
Cindy Amey

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank phuketexpats
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Mrs Amey
Thank you for sharing your comments and your concerns.
We have actually tried to contact you on the same day, and left you a note offering you a more economical proposal.
Actually not many hotels, in Bangkok, offer free internet access, unless you book a specific package deal inclusive of free internet access.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed at Centara Grand for the last 2 nights at the end of our Thailand trip, and it was definitely a major disappointment. In comparison to the other 5-star hotels we stayed in during our trip, this hotel's staff weren't very welcoming or helpful. They didn't provide us with the necessary information, and the hotel was way too busy and crowded to be enjoyable. The service was indifferent and not warm at all, and the staff at the tourist information desk were very inefficient. The lady provided us with incorrect information on getting to a tourist destination. Instead of it taking 2 hours out of our day, the information she provided us left us stranded at random piers and streetsides until we finally found our way home. At this stage, the entire day was wasted, and we got back at the hotel by 9pm. The location of the hotel isn't useful for Bangkok tourists wanting to see the main sites of the city. Taxi drivers refuse to drive to that area due to shocking traffic on the tollways. The buffets and other things are very expensive too. Not worth the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank M_Ingale
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Sydney.
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
I have taken good note on your comments related to our tourist desk services, which were not as efficient as expected. Our apology for that .We will ensure that our Guest Relation Officer are better trained to give the most accurate information