“Love this hotel”

Ranked #105 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nites. My room was at 21st floor, the Club Floor. The room interior is so nice and modern. Very clean indeed. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall where you could spend hours at the retail outlets for either shopping or window shopping. The hotel staff are pleasant. Will visit this hotel again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dryus
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur.
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the positive review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
The Centara collaborators are very appreciative and hope to welcome you again soon in Bangkok
Michel Serrano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you have a chance to go BKK, you should visit this hotel. The bedroom is comfortable. Bathroom with rain shower. Central & Robinson shopping mall very big.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Darika S
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Dear guest
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Bangkok
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our family of four booked two rooms late June for 3 nights on the way to Koh Samui and another 7 nights on the way back early July. I booked directly on their website and got a special rate that is non refundable. We arrived almost 11pm and decided to have dinner after checking in at the Chatuchak Cafe which is almost opposite the reception. We all enjoyed our dinner food was tasty but a little pricey. We paid extra 2000 baht to upgrade per room and was given a corner room which was great and had 2 big windows. Our rooms were facing the Horwang School and the entrance to the mall. We got woken up every morning by the loudspeaker from the school as they do assembly every morning. In a way it was our alarm clock every morning :) At night we hear the continuous whistle blowing of traffic control outside the mall but got use to it after 2 nights. I booked this hotel thinking it was in the centre but ended up in Ladprao instead! I felt bad at first but the service at the club lounge changed my feelings. Ms Chonmanee S. is so welcoming and very helpful lovely lady. Mr Chookiat and the whole team looked after us very well. Breakfast selection is sort of limited though. I cannot complain with the service and worth paying extra for the upgrade. Our cleaning lady was so nice too. We prefer to check out at the Club Lounge as we were not happy with the male receptionist downstairs. There is a huge mall across the carpark from the mezzanine floor and it's I think 5 storey and another tiny mall just at the back. Across the road over the bridge there is another big mall ( Union Mall) not as flash as Central Plaza but lots of bargains. I don't think I'll stay at this hotel again because of it's location. It's at least 30 mins to Downtown.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the school.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Auckland !
We will convey your special commendations of our Guest Services Manager and our most famous butler.
Leeds
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was a women on a business trip on my own (6nights) so i thought i wanted to stay somewhere near by places that i had to visit. The location is out of central Bkk but i didn't mind, i've found the complex next door is very useful for me to find something to eat or shopping. My room was quite small with that price, compared to another hotels in Bkk where i've stayed before. The cleaner was very annoying by knocking my door on several mornings even though i put a sign up "DO NOT DISTURB". One morning i was still in bed, he (yes a guy) even used his key to open the door how rude was that!!! And this is ridiculous!! when i put a sign "please clean my room" nobody turned up. I noticed the cleaner didn't really do anything but made the bed, I stayed for 6 night and wish they could changed my bedding even just once!! The cleaner at the other hotels would kindly tidy you belonging (not moving them away) in appropriate. Eg: my make up was all over the sink area should tidy put them together in one corner.
I knew that i'd get charged for Wi Fi (which I shouldn't) about £12 per 24hr. As I was working away so I needed a good speed wi fi but what I received was very low speed wi fi. I did complain at the reception (only being pretty and joking around behind the counter) when i checked out no apology but she was giving me a card so I could write a complain myself. I think they only do care for Thai resident to have the functions there or groups of air steward to stop for a quick night and go.
I stayed with another Centara before and did hope this hotel would be the same standard. With the price that i paid for is not worth at all. The new renovation and nice sky bar is not good enough without good service and good staff. There are plenty of service apartments or hotels with better room, good location, better on anything elsewhere in BKK.
Ps. I didn't mind paying about £5 for a beer by the pool but at least it shouldn't come in a cheap can!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SnoopyLeeds
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Leeds
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
I am really sorry that you did not found our hotel standard and staff attitude up to your expectation.
If I may request for you to contact me directly, I would be hopeful to make all enquiries and investigation to take the appropriate corrective measure.
michelse@chr.co.th
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The first impression of the hotel was great but the experience got worst by such unwelcoming staffs at the check in reception. I personally asked if there is a wifi available, they just answer you have to to pay not free! ( That was it)

I stayed for 4 nights and my room still had dirts left on the floors for a few days when I come back to my room at the end of the day and the mat were missedly placed. I didn't think I would get this from a clamed 5stars hotel. The pillow is too low and soft that it had given me neckpain. Moreover, I walked pass the cleaning ladies many times and she never once smile nor said Good morning to me. The housekeeping and room service were very slow and never bring things with a smile.

Furthermore, I was staying in the club floor. One day I wanted to check out the sky bar before I go in the evening for some drinks. I went up and saw the sign of the club lounge privileged for club floors guest and hotel's members. I went in and ask if my room is eligible and the staff asked for my room number, I told him and he just said no your room doesn't have privileged. I asked why not? He just said in straight face you're not a club member and your room were upgraded to club floor only because our hotel is full. How rude can you be???

I was deeply disappointed with the services of Centara's Staffs considered it's a reputable hotel. Although, the bellmen were very helpful and friendly. That's the only good service I receive from here,
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Thailand has one of the best service staffs in the whole world as for my own experience; this hotel provides nothing like what other hotels in Thailand would.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chantha T
, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Guest
I Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful state of Singapore
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
michelse@chr.co.th
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent a night here on July 7 as I was going to a Kpop concert at the convention centre nearby that night.

Check in was a breeze. When I asked if I could get breakfast added to our room (I booked the hotel via booking.com in May without breakfast), the reception staff recommend that I upgraded to Club room to enjoy not just breakfast but also snacks, tea and cocktail all day-long. The 2000baht upgrade fee sounded reasonable, so we agreed. The best decision we made!

The club level was on the topmost floor (24th) and had a beautiful view of Bangkok. We had fun taking photos there and everyone told us how nice the pictures were :)

Staff were friendly and ever helpful. The room was not that big but it was comfortable. Internet was expensive but fast and served my husband well when he needed to submit his assignment over his uni's learning management system.

As I didn't have company to the concert, staying close to the venue was crucial. I felt safe walking to and back from the convention centre through the carpark at 10pm as there were plenty of shoppers making their way out of the mall at that time.

I was really impressed with Central Mall. Just outside the mall, you can find food stalls etc which the locals go to.

We took the train from the airport to get to this hotel. We found it on our own just by relying on Google maps. Fyi, the station nearest to this hotel is Pahon Yothin MRT. We just walked with our suitcase to the hotel. Fussy travellers with very heavy suitcases might want to get a cab. But we travelled relatively light and didn't mind walking/carrying our suitcase up and down the stairs when there were no escalators. Bangkok is hot this time of the year (even for me, a Malaysian) but walking in the heat didn't bother us.

My husband swam a little bit after breakfast on the morning before we checked out. The pool was empty and the water looked inviting.

The location of the hotel is not central but it is near Chatuchak a place that I had to give a miss because of time constraints, but I love it! If there is another kpop concert at the convention centre, I know where I am staying! Maybe next time, I can pop by Chatuchak market :)

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Mrs Susie
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur.
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 11 July 2012

In the northen parts of Bangkok, in case you want to visit this area. Big hotel close to huge shopping center. I have room in the Club department, which in my opinion is always worthwhile if the hotel has that possibility. More exclusive service. You check in/check out at the club lobby and dont have to wait in line. Here they also serve several meals, like breakfast and snacks, around the clock, all included in the price. You enjoy a fantastic view in spledid isolation from the crowd. Also had the privilege of a limo service for 800 anywhere in Bangkok area, which should be compared with the 2000 you normally will be charged for a lime to the airport for example. Staff perhaps a little reserved and stiff but basically friendly. This is a fine hotel and well recommeded it u are willing to pay a little more. Have nothing to say about the restaurant, because I didn't eat at any. But they looked fine. I think there were at least 3 plus a big lobby bar. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful island of Phuket