We stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our holiday before moving on to Koh Samui. The hotel itself is a large and well presented but I would say better suited to business users rather than tourists.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and well equipped and large enough. There are several restaurants in the hotel, we only tried the Thai restaurant in the gardens which was excellent. There is a swimming pool and gym for guests use which was very pleasant and being in the pool in the gardens you can almost forget that you are in Bangkok.
Despite being told that the hotel was conveniently located we did find that it was a little bit too far out of town to make it convenient as a base for seeing Bangkok. The nearest sky train station is about a 30 minute walk away across busy roads. The hotel do offer a shuttle service but due to timings and miss information from the hotel staff we never managed to take this during our stay. Taxis are cheep and plentiful in Bangkok so this became our main mode of transport however due to the city traffic and location of the hotel we frequently spent more than an hour in a taxi ride and found that from some of the more usual tourist areas down town some taxi drivers were reluctant to venture as far as the hotel. We also found that many taxi drivers didn't know the hotel despite us taking the hotels business card with the address and map shown (tip for the hotel include the hotel name and address in Thai for the taxi drivers).
In summary if I was in Bangkok on business I would stay here again but not as a tourist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel