“Good hotel, out of the way for tourists wanting to see Bangkok”

Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
Ranked #100 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our holiday before moving on to Koh Samui. The hotel itself is a large and well presented but I would say better suited to business users rather than tourists.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and well equipped and large enough. There are several restaurants in the hotel, we only tried the Thai restaurant in the gardens which was excellent. There is a swimming pool and gym for guests use which was very pleasant and being in the pool in the gardens you can almost forget that you are in Bangkok.

Despite being told that the hotel was conveniently located we did find that it was a little bit too far out of town to make it convenient as a base for seeing Bangkok. The nearest sky train station is about a 30 minute walk away across busy roads. The hotel do offer a shuttle service but due to timings and miss information from the hotel staff we never managed to take this during our stay. Taxis are cheep and plentiful in Bangkok so this became our main mode of transport however due to the city traffic and location of the hotel we frequently spent more than an hour in a taxi ride and found that from some of the more usual tourist areas down town some taxi drivers were reluctant to venture as far as the hotel. We also found that many taxi drivers didn't know the hotel despite us taking the hotels business card with the address and map shown (tip for the hotel include the hotel name and address in Thai for the taxi drivers).

In summary if I was in Bangkok on business I would stay here again but not as a tourist.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitchify
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It was great to read that you somehow enjoyed our product and service we provided. But it's sadden to hear that our location is not convenient to your recent trip and I would like to apologise that our staff did not provide you information regarding to our shuttle van service to subway and sky train stations which are only 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Kindly ask to contact me once you decide to visit us again as I will personally make sure that your next stay will be perfect with the best service from our entire team.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again soon!

Quality Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My room is very big and so clean. TV channel is good enough with good signal. Location is near shopping center air port MRT. Breakfast was ok. Staff are helpful and friendly. Wifi internet is inclusive. The price is reasonable and worthy. We will come back again.

Stayed: April 2557

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive review you share on Tripadvisort was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Long time we came to this hotel, which had in the garden a super good restaurant. Especialy the soup was good.
In the back corner of the lobby is a small coffee corner, nice to have a coffee there.
We celebrated New year at the pool and had fun.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and taking time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyable stay, especially Suan Bua Thai restaurant in the garden and Cappuccino Corner coffee shop at the lobby floor.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

it's located right next to the central ladprao shopping mall,with a connect floor to the mall, which is very convenient to get anything you need. The hotel location is recommended for travelers who like to explore local shopping places like JJ market (just 5 mins away) or Union Mall (opposite to the hotel) where you can get inexpensive local brand clothes, etc, and interesting souvenirs. There's a subway, MRT, station nearby and the skytrain Jatujak station is 5 mins away. (prefer to take a taxi to the skytrain though cause the subway requires quite some walking). For hotel facilities, the room is quite new since it's newly renovated. The hotel has many of nice restaurants, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Italian and International to choose. The international buffet is good. The Thai restaurant is good with ambiance for Thai food experience. For the Japanese one, the food is nice. The hotel staffs are helpful. Overall it meets what a 5 star hotel standard requires. Just right for travelers who wants a 5 star standard and local experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed the food in most of our restaurants that you experienced.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here a couple of times during transiting via Thai International. This property is quite good. The room was cozy. The food was good. Amazingly, a shopping mall was just next to it. However, you must take a cab if you want to visit the heart of Bangkok...

Room Tip: I guess rooms facing the pool is better than the one facing a hypermart...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you like our hotel even it was just a short time visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying in Bangkok at the Centara and can only give positive feed back. From the moment I stepped out of the taxi until the day I left I was greated by polite and good service.
The Centara as a hotel is very nice form the large lobby at the entrance, multiple dinning areas, pool zone, gym all the way up to the top floor Sky Lounge and Executive Lounge.
The rooms are very nice and clean with have all the item you like from home and more than the regular hotels. There is more than enough space to move around, surprisingly a lot of good movie channels, and a nice view if you're high enough.
But none of this tops the service I received by the girls in the Executive Lounge. They were polite, friendly and very efficient at what they need to do. I never felt like I had been waiting for service and they always did it with a smile. Also spending most of my travels alone I have to thank Joob for helping me with the difficulties of the Thai language.... and also her and Nin for having gone out of their way to help me plan a portion of my vacation out to Phuket as I felt lost. The service from the executive lounge made my stay worth the while.
So if ever you are in the area and have a little extra to spend I would definitely head their way and say high to the girls for me!!!

Thanks for the great stay

Room Tip: The rooms were nice so I guess just ask for a higher floor!!! :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason6969

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review on Tripadvisor,

I am thrilled to read about your wonderful experience. We endeavor to provide our guests with an ultimate hospitality experience and I am glad to know that in this occasion we were able to exceed your expectations. Your compliments for Joob and Nin, our Club Staff which we already will shared with them and the rest of the team. They are delighted and encouraged with your kind words.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one month on a business trip. I got the Club level on 22nd floor and the room is comfy & clean with good housekeeping. The staffs at the club lounge are very helpful, friendly and accommodating. The gym and swimming pool here is adequate.
One thing i like about this hotel is the connecting walkway to the shopping mall/cinema beside the hotel. They have shuttles to Mo Chit station and Chatucak Market which I made good use of it. The breakfast at the Lobby has many varieties compared to Club Lounge. I enjoyed,enjoy and will enjoy any further stays I have here.

One thing not so good is the wifi for guest only limited to 2 devices.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much, for taking time to share your positive experience and thank you for choosing our place for your long stay business trip.

We are glad to hear that you indeed enjoyed your stay with us with the comfortable and clean room also good service the Club staff. I will share and compliment them for their good job.

Thank you once again for your stay and sharing your positive comment and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again soon!