The check- in was smooth, efficient and very professional. What a great first impression the immaculate and articulate front line staff make.
The room was nice and comfortable, we had not booked at the top price range, but it had everything we needed, not that we were in the room very much. The hotel is spotlessly clean with really good facilities such as Gym, Spa & a lovely pool and a variety of restaurants.
The grounds and pool area are beautiful and relaxing, you would never know you were in a city hotel. It is close to the Markets and attached to a large shopping Mall whic can be accessed via the car park - a shopper’s delight.
Do be aware it is quite a distance from the old Siam district but there is good transport very nearby if you feel the need to go there, for us it was a real nice change to try a different district of Bangkok.
The hotel does run a free shuttle out to the weekend markets but you have to make your own way back which was a little problematic for us as its only a 10 min drive away (but far too hot to walk when we were there) & many Taxis would not go on that short journey or tried to charge us 500bht when it was only 200 bht. Maybe it was because it was the Songkran holiday period????
Our favorite restaurant in the hotel was the Suan Bua by the pool. The food and service from all staff and the personal customer interaction at the Thai restaurant was superb.
What a gem and asset lovely Pancha Tailanan the Manager of the restaurant is to the Centra. With her excellent English she gladly assisted us with a miscommunication problem at the Spa which I won’t elaborate on further because it was resolved perfectly with Pancha’s help & we were even able to see the funny side of it all later. We simply mentioned we were going to Hua Hin next & She even went to the trouble of giving us a guide book from her own recent trip there & it was invaluable.
Many thanks to all, particularly Pancha.
Would we go back? ???? Would I recommend to my friends & family???
A resounding YES.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel