Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
Ranked #112 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The check- in was smooth, efficient and very professional. What a great first impression the immaculate and articulate front line staff make.
The room was nice and comfortable, we had not booked at the top price range, but it had everything we needed, not that we were in the room very much. The hotel is spotlessly clean with really good facilities such as Gym, Spa & a lovely pool and a variety of restaurants.
The grounds and pool area are beautiful and relaxing, you would never know you were in a city hotel. It is close to the Markets and attached to a large shopping Mall whic can be accessed via the car park - a shopper’s delight.
Do be aware it is quite a distance from the old Siam district but there is good transport very nearby if you feel the need to go there, for us it was a real nice change to try a different district of Bangkok.
The hotel does run a free shuttle out to the weekend markets but you have to make your own way back which was a little problematic for us as its only a 10 min drive away (but far too hot to walk when we were there) & many Taxis would not go on that short journey or tried to charge us 500bht when it was only 200 bht. Maybe it was because it was the Songkran holiday period????
Our favorite restaurant in the hotel was the Suan Bua by the pool. The food and service from all staff and the personal customer interaction at the Thai restaurant was superb.
What a gem and asset lovely Pancha Tailanan the Manager of the restaurant is to the Centra. With her excellent English she gladly assisted us with a miscommunication problem at the Spa which I won’t elaborate on further because it was resolved perfectly with Pancha’s help & we were even able to see the funny side of it all later. We simply mentioned we were going to Hua Hin next & She even went to the trouble of giving us a guide book from her own recent trip there & it was invaluable.
Many thanks to all, particularly Pancha.
Would we go back? ???? Would I recommend to my friends & family???
A resounding YES.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 May 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed the food and service from Suan Bua Thai Restaurant, especially the outstanding service from Khun Panicha the restaurant manager. I share your appreciation to her and management team. She hereby would like to thank you for your review, she is delighted and encouraged with your kind words.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again soon!

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Grand Centara at Central Plaza is incredible. I have stayed with many luxurious hotels during my lifetime but I have never stayed at one where the staff was so friendly and so warm that they made me feel like like we were almost family. I was here from May 5 to May 15, 2014. The food selection is wonderful and very diverse. The professional staff is always watching to guarantee that you have the time of your life. The hotel has the finest spa I have ever encountered and they will give you a thirty percent discount coupon upon arrival to make your treatment even more enjoyable.

The Chatuchak Cafe has a buffet that will blow your mind for three meals a day. You literally cannot believe all of the options that are available to you.

The Dynasty Chinese Restaurant is terrific as well.

The view from the 24th floor rooftop Sky Bar is awesome.

I really can't say enough about the Centara Grand. I will tell all of my friends to come here and I will be back myself as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay with most of our products and service you had experienced. I was also pleased to read here we all make you feel like home.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you (and also some of your friends in the future) in our hotel again soon!

Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

As always. We had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel for our long weekend.We stayed for two nights and yes, totally enjoyed the hotel so much.

Something that i love about Centara Grand Hotels, they're all connected to the shopping places BUT before i go further, let me first mention that our long weekend was so awesome!

SPA - When we arrived that afternoon, we thought to book a SPA for two at the SPA Cenvaree. Totally enjoyed that 2 hours of relaxation, both me and my husband had a great time.

THAI RESTAURANT - After our SPA... that evening, we went to the Thai Restaurant which is located near the pool area. We love the Thai food here, we enjoyed our Tom Kha Gai: We asked the chef to make it not to spicy for us to enjoy! yummy!

HAGI JAPANESE RESTAURANT - The next day, we went to the Japanese restaurant. I just love their vegetarian menu. You can actually choose what you want.

Something that i love from the hotel, are the awesome hotel staff. They are really accommodating, friendly and professionals - you will feel the Thai Hospitality.

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel at all. Our room was very nice and super clean with a very nice comfortable bed. I always love when find your comfort zone so quickly like that. It is hard for me to sleep well on travel, huge and comfy pillows!

SHOPPING - as i mentioned earlier. Shopping is really good here too. Its a walking distance! Very easy to find and you will never get lost.

Lastly, the hotel is also close to Chatuchak park. Huge park in the city of Bangkok. I went there for a walk before checking out. Thought to hire a bicycle but i prefer walking, instead.

Oh well, that's it. I love to come back again whenever. Its hard to find establishments with great customer service skills and most of them that i encountered during our weekend are really good.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms viewing the park. Its good to view the city and some greens when you open your curt...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It was great to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I was also pleased to read how much appreciated the great "Thai" hospitality service from our staff.

maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This was a usual hotel and maybe two steps above the quality of a US Holiday Inn. It was close to the majority of all the temples and not too far from the Grand Palace.

The problem I had with this hotel was leaving the breakfast buffet. It was the Largest Asian food bonanza I have ever seen. You should get up an hour early just to explore it!!

Overall, tips in this hotel go a long way.

• Stayed February 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive review. It's sadden that you missed our buffet breakfast. I wish you will have more time for your next stay to experience it.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The list of appealing aspects to the Centara Grand is long - nicely appointed rooms/facilities, very good food/restaurant choices, convenient location attached to the ladprao shopping mall & just off a main highway artery to downtown Bangkok, Int'l Airport & just minutes from Don Meung domestic airport; professional, courteous & attentive staff; and all reasonably priced (plus coupons are provided at check-in!). I will plan to stay at the Centara Grand again & again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I was also pleased to read how much you appreciated the service from our staff that they are professional, courteous & attentive, I will definitely share among team
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again and again soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our holiday before moving on to Koh Samui. The hotel itself is a large and well presented but I would say better suited to business users rather than tourists.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and well equipped and large enough. There are several restaurants in the hotel, we only tried the Thai restaurant in the gardens which was excellent. There is a swimming pool and gym for guests use which was very pleasant and being in the pool in the gardens you can almost forget that you are in Bangkok.

Despite being told that the hotel was conveniently located we did find that it was a little bit too far out of town to make it convenient as a base for seeing Bangkok. The nearest sky train station is about a 30 minute walk away across busy roads. The hotel do offer a shuttle service but due to timings and miss information from the hotel staff we never managed to take this during our stay. Taxis are cheep and plentiful in Bangkok so this became our main mode of transport however due to the city traffic and location of the hotel we frequently spent more than an hour in a taxi ride and found that from some of the more usual tourist areas down town some taxi drivers were reluctant to venture as far as the hotel. We also found that many taxi drivers didn't know the hotel despite us taking the hotels business card with the address and map shown (tip for the hotel include the hotel name and address in Thai for the taxi drivers).

In summary if I was in Bangkok on business I would stay here again but not as a tourist.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mitchify

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It was great to read that you somehow enjoyed our product and service we provided. But it's sadden to hear that our location is not convenient to your recent trip and I would like to apologise that our staff did not provide you information regarding to our shuttle van service to subway and sky train stations which are only 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Kindly ask to contact me once you decide to visit us again as I will personally make sure that your next stay will be perfect with the best service from our entire team.

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My room is very big and so clean. TV channel is good enough with good signal. Location is near shopping center air port MRT. Breakfast was ok. Staff are helpful and friendly. Wifi internet is inclusive. The price is reasonable and worthy. We will come back again.

Stayed April 2557

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive review you share on Tripadvisort was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay.