“Good hotel, but bad service.”

Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
Ranked #111 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“Good hotel, but bad service.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. i went with my wife and 2 daughters (4yr and 1 yr). I booked it thru makemytrip.com.

Its a hotel at good location with a good mall next to it and a budget mall just 100 mtr away.

But if you want to stay in the real shopping paradise then this is not the place. One should go for hotel in Sukhamvit or Silom.

My bad experience started when I reached the hotel. The lady at the reception told me that the room is small and wont fit 4 people so I will have to upgrade myself to the next category room which was 4500 bhatt (approx. USD 140) more per night. I told her that I have given all the details about my family, then why have they taken the booking the first instance. They called their manager and after lots of argument the manager offer that they will put extra bed in the room at extra charge but finally agreed to put extra bed for free.

On reaching the room, I got another shock. It was a small room, so they cramped an extra bed in an already small room. so basically overall it was a bad experience. SO if they don't have the room for the family, they should not take the booking.

They say they wont give more than 2 bottles(300ml each) complimentary. so overall a v bad experience.

Breakfast: very less choice if you are an Indian. But fish dishes on all days saved my breakfast. It was v v v yummy.

Room TV: they has Chinese, Russian channels but not even 1 Indian Channel to watch.

SO over all a bad experience. Next time I would stick to the hotel in Silom or Sukhamvit.

Room Tip: When going with family, before booking thru the agent, call the hotel and ask if that room is big en...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your recent stay as this enables us to further improve upon our service and product quality.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems you so unfortunately experienced during your last stay with us. It is correct that Deluxe room is served maximum 2 adults and children age 2-3 years. However, if you prefer bigger space we would offer the upgrade to any of our suites room. On the period of your stay, we actually had Indian Food Festival at Chatuchak cafe.

However, we are sorry once again that your recent stay was not pleasant enough. You can contact me directly if you would like to visit us again together with your special request. I will personally make sure that you are provided with the best of services by our entire team.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel soon!

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kingston SE, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose this Hotel to be near the Chatuchuk Markets as we only had 2 days in Bangkok, it was a great location, very happy with my choice! The Hotel itself was very comfortable, staff friendly & very helpful,& just a short walk through the carpark to the Central Plaza Mall for shopping or to the Train Station!They also provide a shuttle service to the Chatuchuk Markets. Will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you so much for your recent stay and sharing your great experience on Tripadvisor!
I am glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay as our location is near chatuchak Weekend market so it is easy for shopping.

Thank you once again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a great experience at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao. The service was great! The staff were helpful and friendly, always ready to greet and help. They made me feel comfortable and at home even though it was my first time in Bangkok. The hotel also had a special card with popular tourist attractions named in English and Thai which are really beneficial when you meet cab drivers who are unable to understand English. It is also near to the BTS station and easy to find. However, the hotel was rather off centre - they do have some malls nearby though, just not close to Siam area. It is nearer to Chatuchak but not exactly walking distance too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

I am glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay especially from our helpful and friendly staff. Kindly be noted that we provide the complimentary shuttle service to BTS Morchit skytrain station daily so that guests can access the city center easily.

Thank you once again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon for your 2nd visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My stay was very nice and enjoyable, this is one of the best hotels I have been in Bangkok. Hotel has a perfect location for my type of stay as my cousin house is in this area but we feel more comfortable to stay in the 5 stars hotel nearby. They also offer shuttle service and it is easy to access by BTS and Chatuchak market and park are in walking distance. We love Hagi Japanese restaurant here, the sashimi is really fresh and good quality. Hotel staff is nice and they upgraded my room to the excellent view of the Chatuchak park from 20th floor. I was very satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

I am glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your appreciation with Hagi, our Japanese restaurant for the good quality of the Sashimi.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived at Bangkok the day after the military announced implementing night curfew.
We stayed in normal room for 4D3N. The hotel rooms were newly renovated recently as there was still smell of paint in the room. The room was fine with basic amenities and hotel facilities were adequate.
The best part was the hotel attaches to Central Plaza shopping mall. The mall served its best during the curfew days. Also, MRT Station Phahon Yothin is right outside the mall with 5 minutes walking from the hotel.
Just want add a note: there is nothing to worry about the political unrest in Thailand as long as you avoid the protest areas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Darren_Y1101

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

I am glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for adding note to the readers that there is nothing to worry about the current political situation.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

By traveling for more more then 200 per year I always looking for hotels which remember you on return. The Centara ladprao staff are the best, from the doorman until senior management you will be recognized and appreciated every time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sifan-57

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

I am glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay especially from our service we provide.
I already passed your appreciation to the doorman and everyone you mentioned.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Centara Grand Hotel at Central World Bangkok for 16 nights and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Bangkok.
The concierge service was exceptional, the porters were invaluable and even the house keeping was among the highest standard I have seen in comparable hotels.
The hotel itself is in a very central location with many attractions just a short walk or taxi away.
The only downside I would mention is that the laundry service is very expensive and there is no working refrigerator (at least in our room). The restaurants were great with a variety of western and eastern dishes on the menu, the pool is just divine in the heat of Bangkok and we also enjoyed some pampering with the spa treatments.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your comments .

Upon reading your comments it seems that your spa experience was with our sister hotel at Centara Grand at Central World. We will pass your appreciation to them.

We also hope to have chance welcome you to the hotel for your next trip in Bangkok.

Best regards,