I have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. i went with my wife and 2 daughters (4yr and 1 yr). I booked it thru makemytrip.com.
Its a hotel at good location with a good mall next to it and a budget mall just 100 mtr away.
But if you want to stay in the real shopping paradise then this is not the place. One should go for hotel in Sukhamvit or Silom.
My bad experience started when I reached the hotel. The lady at the reception told me that the room is small and wont fit 4 people so I will have to upgrade myself to the next category room which was 4500 bhatt (approx. USD 140) more per night. I told her that I have given all the details about my family, then why have they taken the booking the first instance. They called their manager and after lots of argument the manager offer that they will put extra bed in the room at extra charge but finally agreed to put extra bed for free.
On reaching the room, I got another shock. It was a small room, so they cramped an extra bed in an already small room. so basically overall it was a bad experience. SO if they don't have the room for the family, they should not take the booking.
They say they wont give more than 2 bottles(300ml each) complimentary. so overall a v bad experience.
Breakfast: very less choice if you are an Indian. But fish dishes on all days saved my breakfast. It was v v v yummy.
Room TV: they has Chinese, Russian channels but not even 1 Indian Channel to watch.
SO over all a bad experience. Next time I would stick to the hotel in Silom or Sukhamvit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelbag, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel