“Good hotel lots of services”

Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
Ranked #107 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
“Good hotel lots of services”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 night for business, this is the second time I have stayed here in the past few years. The hotel has been upgraded my room on 22nd floor is very modern and nice - much better than what I recall last time
The food is good, I really like the breakfast here. The gym is good has a good selection of weights and cardo. The pool is good for business, I don't think it is a place I would want a pool vacation

It is very easy to walk to the mall.

The lobby bar is old and has photos of celeb from the 90s they need to redo this feels old and ran down

I would recommend this place for business around this area

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 July 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for your return staying again in our hotel and sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that enjoy the room upgrade on 22nd floor and also enjoy our breakfast and gym. We took a good note from your comment regarding the Lobby Bar decoration to improve it tin the near future.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again soon!

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for company siminar in ladprao area as it's really near Don Muang Airport so it's easy to fly from phuket. The room is ok , make me feel like home. Meeting room is very convenient with good service from banquet staff. We will have meeting here again in october. I am looking forward to...

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank pimmada555

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you so much for your recent stay and sharing your great experience on Tripadvisor!
I am glad to hear that you had enjoyable time staying with us for your siminar and our banquet staff treat you so well.

Thank you once again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night between flights in Bangkok and what stands out the most about this hotel is the room - especially the bed. The bed was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in. The mattress was so comfortable and the pillows were prefect! The rest of the room was clean and well furnished as well. The hotel is not in the best of areas but the excellent service provided by the staff and the best sleep I had had in a long time made up for the location. I would stay here again without hesitation if I needed to visit this part of Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The777Man

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

I am glad to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful night with our most comfortable bed.

Karnchanaburi
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can only say this hotel provide most amazing service. Since step out of the car until check out day. Staff treat me like a queen, they are seriously take a good care of the customer. The rest about the hotel is all fine! Just the service is beyond expectation!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Suanpung

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

I am glad to hear that you had amazing time staying with us and our staff treat you so well.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I only spent two nights here for a friend's wedding before head out to Hyatt Regency Hua Hin which is another story( please read my review at Hyatt). The hotel is a bit far from all the actions in the city.

PROS:
#1: The room is nice, clean, specious and just remodeling a couple years ago. So everything pretty much in new condition and modern.

#2: Very convenient if you are going to JJ market. It's only 1.5 kilometers from the hotel, you practically can walk( but be aware of the heat in BKK).

#3: The service is excellent( and beyond). The manager at Breakfast was very attentive to your needs and it was well serviced.

#4: The hotel also connecting to the Central Ladprao high-end shopping mall. We really enjoyed shopping here on our stayed at the hotel.

#5: The staffs are very consistence and nice.

#6: There is also a FREE WIFI in your room....

Cons:

#1: There is nothing near by for fun things to do but this shopping mall I mentioned above.

#2: The location of the hotel is a bit far from sign seeing which mostly near city center. This hotel located on an out skirt of BKK.

#3: Traffic was pretty bad. But there is BTS station near by( 15 minutes walk)

#4: A very good value for your money.

All and all, I would highly recommending this hotel to anyone as long as you don't mind taking BTS to the city for any other actions you might have.

Room Tip: Most of the room is nice size and very specious. Even if you book a standard room would be enough.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

First of all, thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay in our hotel with our clean room and excellent service. Kindly be noted that our hotel also provide the shuttle service for our guests to Chatuchak market and BTS station.

Should you need any further information or assistance from my side, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

It was a great time at the center of bkk as I just join a member of centara. The room very nice and clean. Restaurant staff very helpful. Bell boy is give us a great service never forget. The bad thing is SALE MEMBER!! It's was totally different service btw before buying member and after join the member already!!! But after I paid it's suck ! when I ask her for further information with other centara, she was provided us a bad service I never met... Make me consider and thinking about to continue member or not !!

• Stayed May 2014

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Bangkok and sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor. It's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our nice and clean room and also great service from restaurant and bell boy staff which I will share your appreciation to them for their good job.

However, I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems you so unfortunately experienced with the service from membership sales team. I will forward your comment for their immediately improvement.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Suphunburi
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed there on June, the hotel is average but the service I would rate excellent. I did complained few issues during my stay regarding the room condition. Staff promptly resolved all the problems professionally. They could turn my bad feeling to impressive feeling which I most am appreciated thank you very much.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Amsojoe

Sawasdee ka from Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok!

Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Bangkok and sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor. I also would like to sincerely apologize for the problems you so unfortunately experienced during your stay. However, I am so glad to hear that all the problems have been solved professionally by our staff and able to turn your negative feeling to the impressive one.

Please contact me if your need any further assistance for your next visit.