Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
  • Room Service
Panasiri(Bangkok)
Zenniq(Bangkok)
6,916 results
All reviewsthe rivertrader vicskasara loungeshuttle boatbeautiful resortfree callselephant barswim up barasiatique night markethotel boatfree boatboat servicejunior suitedinner cruisepool areasaphan taksina river view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I live in Bangkok, have eaten at restaurants at the Anantara, LOVED the three day Manohra River Cruise to Ayutthaya, but have never stayed at the resort until this past weekend. Just several miles outside of Bangkok, we felt like we were miles away from city center, at a resort in our own little paradise! We checked in Thursday and out on Monday. We were wanting "one more day" but we had to get back to reality. We stayed in a Junior Premier Suite, on the 7th Floor. We enjoyed our view of the Chao Phraya River. We enjoyed even more, our pod coffee maker in our room! The food was amazing, in particular Brunch at Trader Vic's and Dinner at Brio. Both the hotel and restaurant staff were all very attentive from the time we walked in the front door until we checked out. The resort is huge and spread out enough that we never felt like we were overcrowded. Great Bloody Mary's in the morning, even better Mojito's in the afternoon. The BEST Happy Hour in town. We will be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the River view from our Balcony, from the 7th Floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Bangkok is a city that is unrelenting in it's buzz and chaotic daily life and it was a wonderful escape to stay the night at the relaxing and beautiful Anantara Riverside. Although we spent only the one night, we arrived early enough to enjoy the lovely pool area (complete with 'happy hour' gong) and a fun and exciting dinner at Benihana's Japanese Tepanyaki restaurant, which great for singles and families! The next morning's plentiful breakfast buffet was enjoyed al fresco under the outdoor awning. So very nice!

The hotel's physical condition was in good shape and the restaurants have all received beautiful renovations that made dining even more pleasant. Service was attentive and efficient and the rooms were very comfortable. Overall, we had an excellent 'resort' stay and it was in the heart of a bustling city! We will surely go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the southern (down river) wing and the rooms were newly renovated. Very pretty and nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

we stayed here for one night at the end of our holiday ,we found the hotel to be of a very high standard with a nice welcome drink and cold towell on arrival,also the staff member who showed us to our room could not have been more helpful in assisting us to find our way around the hotel .re the other review about taxi drivers not knowing where the hotel was we always have our destination hotels address and phone number with us and indeed our taxi driver telephoned the hotel to make sure he was taking us to the correct hotel NB wherever you are in the world ALWAYS use a metered official TAXI this will greatley add to your safety and increase your chances of getting to the correct desination.the hotels breakfast buffet was truly amazing with the best choice and quality of dishes we have found anywhere we also ate dinner in the hotels long tail bar great coctails and food enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank budgentrace
Reviewed 10 April 2012

After staying in many hotels around Bangkok, we would have to say Anantara Riverside is definitely a great place to stay. You are a away from all the noise but with every easy access back into heart of Bangkok. There is a fantastic boat service by the hotel that ferries guests across the river to the skytrain station. The buffet breakfast was amazing! The rooms expansive and comfortable. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jellybaby88
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I previously stayed in this hotel when it was a Marriott hotel. About six months ago I noticed the hotel changed the flag to Anantara, a Thailand based luxury resort chain.

I don't want to say it has all to do with brand name change but I must say I was disappointed in recent stay in the hotel, which was not so evident in the days of Marriott.

For example, in my seven days stay, only on two nights turn-down service was provided. When I come back to my room late at night, I had to close curtains and drapes myself and lay downforce towel myself. As a frequent business traveler to many Asian cities, I am very much familiar with standard, basic 5-star hotel services and this hotel did not live up to a common expectation for a five-star hotel in BKK. Furthermore, Internet (free) was only provided in public areas but not in the room. I was told that internet inth room is povifed for only one hour per stay. I thought this was unreasonable given that the cost of providing Internet is largely "fixed" cost which varies little by volume of usage.

Finally, no taxi driver seemed to know where the hotel is when I mention Anantara. I tried to look up he name of hotel on the key card but there was no hotel name or address in Thai language printed on it - I thought the management of the hotel could be smarter than this.... Just print the hotel name and address both in English and Thai to make it more informative.

I would not return to this hotel for sure and I wou not recommend to anyone either.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank 143b
Claudia P, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I am so very sorry to read that we let you down during this visit. Your comments are a great learning opportunity for us. We do take this as a chance to always improve the service we provide to our guests. I would like to get in touch with you personally to learn more about your stay, and so if convenient, please contact me via email on cpronk@anantara.com.

I look forward to being in touch directly.

Warm regards,