Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
US$143
US$111
Travelocity
6,928 results
All reviewsthe rivertrader vicskasara loungeshuttle boatbeautiful resortfree callselephant barswim up barasiatique night markethotel boatfree boatboat servicejunior suitedinner cruisepool areasaphan taksina river view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fantastic city hotel on the River.
Takes about 45-60 mins in a taxi to get there from the airport but is a great location with a free boat taxi to take you across the river to the markets, shops etc.
Try the beautiful coffee shop it's just the best place for a latte, gorgeous armchairs to relax in and surrounded by lots of sweet goodies to eat.
Another great Anantara hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Cindy E,
I am pleased to hear about your enjoyable stay with us and how much you enjoyed our riverside location as well as the easy accessibility to the markets and city center.

You have to come back again to enjoy more of Numero Uno’s delightful goodies !

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went here with my husband and two year old toddler. My husband was working so I explored and took advantage of the babysitting service from time to time. They were excellent and I felt at ease leaving my baby with them. My toddler and I loved the pool. They also had so many restaurants to choose from that had child menus. They do have a Kids Club but your child has to be potty trained but our child was too young to leave there. The concierge was great at putting together child friendly excursions for me. They loved Roo and played with him a ton.

Great Location and only a boat ride to the water taxi's that take you to all of the main attractions.

If you have a toddler you do have to watch out for open water areas. But it wasn't a problem. There is a supermarket close by if you need to get things for you child.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the city or the pool area. I got a room that had a partial river view but it also had a view of a chicken coup and construction.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear FrmHereToThereWKids,
Thank you for highlighting our child-friendly facilities and for appreciating the attention we give to our ‘little guests’, which your toddler experienced and that which added to an enjoyable stay for your entire family.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Nikolaus Prisnitz

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having stayed previously at the Landmark Hotel on Sukhamvit Road, we made a last minute change to the Anantara so as to avoid any closeness to the protests; it was one of the best decisions ever!

We arrived at reception after a long flight, and were presented with cold towels and a cup of herbal tea. When they couldn't find our booking on the computer, we thought that we were about to have a fight on our hands, but the receptionist just had us sit comfortably on the sofas while she got it all quietly and efficiently sorted.

Our room over looked the river, and although just a "standard" room it was wonderful.

The breakfast is a simply wonderful buffet-style feast; the european cold meats and cheese, juices, smoothies, pancakes and waffles, pastries, and the usual hot buffet staples, would be good in themselves, but the additional various dim-sum and curries made it extra special! I'm not sure about the inclusion of fruit-crumbles (traditionally a UK dessert!), but it certainly added something unusual!

There were some fabulous touches that made the hotel memorable: there was a basket of bread at the restaurant entrance, for guests to freely take to feed the masses of catfish in the river surrounding the hotel, for traditional thai good-luck; the cold moist towels presented to everyone as they came back to the hotel on the shuttle bus during the heat of the day; the chocolate cake left in the room for my wife's birthday!

We only had a couple of days here, on our way to Australia, but despite knowing that we were moving on to some fabuous places, we were very sad to leave the Anantara!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear PJS_RDG,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your delightful review. I am glad that your arrival was taken care of promptly and that the little details we have prepared for all our guests added to an enjoyable holiday and to your cultural experience of not only Anantara but of Thailand as well.

Please drop me a line when you travel this way again, as it would be my pleasure to warmly welcome you again for another fascinating Anantara experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I got to Bangkok on Sunday morning 11 May 2014 .
The staff were so welcoming and helpful .
Nothing was too much trouble . The hotel was very clean and the quality of food was well EXCELLENT !
I'm quite fussy but the food was of a very hight standard .
There is a courtesy boat that goes across the river that runs every half hour . Nice especially after a very hot and humid day you are offered a cold towel to freshen up . Much appreciated .
We met a member of staff that recognised us we were looking a little lost !! She advised us on where to go as it was a day off for people in Bangkok . She recognised us not the other waY around !
The gardens are kept really neat and tidy
Most of all what we noticed is how the staff were so polite and respectful
What a pleasure to be able to stay at this hotel !

May we thank all the staff for such a restful 3 nights
Regards
Mr & Mrs Mistry (UK)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smistry

Dear smistry,
I am humbled by your wonderful comments on our Resort and the warm services rendered by our associates. Thank you for sharing your Anantara experience.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A tropical oasis on the border of busy Bangkok is how i describe Anantara, great for business, family or any kind of holiday you like. Enjoy the hustle and bustle and come back to the tranquility of the Anantara.

Room Tip: All in all i cant complain at all about the room, its an oasis after the hustle and bustle of Bangkok which I love
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Enrique7319,
Thank you for describing the Resort the way we would wish our guests to enjoy it…..a tropical haven, set in the tranquility of the Chao Phraya River yet still in the heart of Bangkok !

It would give me great pleasure to personally welcome you on your next visit to our riverside retreat.