Check in was efficient but not as friendly as other Anantara hotels I have visited. We were invited to pay for an upgrade to move away from the building work, which I did (there is substantial work going on both in the hotel and next to it where a new hotel and mall is being built by the same owners).
Bad things: The room decor is getting tired and the french windows didn't seal properly, meaning that there was a lot of noise from passing river traffic all night (tug boats towing barges meant we needed ear-plugs). The shower had a faulty tap which meant that the overhead 'rainforest-type' shower head dripped boiling hot water and couldn't be turned off. Air-con smelled very mouldy and didn't cool the room properly (set to 17 degrees but didn't actually get down to 21 degrees). Oh, and the river stinks at low-tide.
Good things: The hotel is low-rise (for Bangkok) with a nice feel to it. The pool area is well maintained. The food and beverage outlets are of good quality but quite pricey. The water shuttle to Taksin pier is a major saving grace: only a 10 minute trip to the BTS Skytrain station and you can stoop off at Asiatique (which is a shopping / eating complex across the river). Food at breakfast was good and plentiful: staff friendly in general. Spa was good value and very professional.
One odd thing to report - after checking in and dropping off bags in the room, we returned too it suddenly (within a couple of minutes) to pick up a map. We found that we couldn't get back into the room because the security 'chain' had been engaged from inside the room! Clearly this couldn't happen by accident and we didn't do it before leaving (as this was impossible). Hotel maintenance had to come and remove the door latch to get in (while we stood watching the doors to all the rooms with adjoining balconies). When we got into the room the lights were on and the french doors to the balcony were unlocked and slightly ajar. I think that we had surprised someone who has entered the room from the balcony and got through the ill-fitting doors. So, the windows don't keep out noise pr people. Security or reception didn't think anything was suspicious. even if this was just saving face at the time, I hope that you are looking into this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott