“Perfect Stay”

Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
Ranked #17 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having stayed here before ( when formerly the Marriott) I was so pleased to see that if anything, the standard and service had improved.
From the car waiting at the airport , which we ordered at the last minute due the coup, until our departure 5 days later, my friend and I felt thoroughly spoiled.
Our room, a deluxe premier river view had been upgraded to a full riverfront view and we appreciated the gesture. The renovated rooms are lovely, breakfast was fresh and a varied selection ( coffee could be improved), and we were met with smiles at every turn.
The shuttle boat to the sky train and especially to the Asiatique complex make shopping excursions and outings so simple.
Thank you Antanara, we will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear 57travelbug,
Thank you for your kind words and I am very pleased to know that you have recognized the improvement in our service standards, as well as the warm hospitality we generously offer to all our valued guests. It is great to know that you enjoyed the comforts of our full riverfront view room and the quality of our dining offers.

Please do return, as it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Check in was efficient but not as friendly as other Anantara hotels I have visited. We were invited to pay for an upgrade to move away from the building work, which I did (there is substantial work going on both in the hotel and next to it where a new hotel and mall is being built by the same owners).
Bad things: The room decor is getting tired and the french windows didn't seal properly, meaning that there was a lot of noise from passing river traffic all night (tug boats towing barges meant we needed ear-plugs). The shower had a faulty tap which meant that the overhead 'rainforest-type' shower head dripped boiling hot water and couldn't be turned off. Air-con smelled very mouldy and didn't cool the room properly (set to 17 degrees but didn't actually get down to 21 degrees). Oh, and the river stinks at low-tide.
Good things: The hotel is low-rise (for Bangkok) with a nice feel to it. The pool area is well maintained. The food and beverage outlets are of good quality but quite pricey. The water shuttle to Taksin pier is a major saving grace: only a 10 minute trip to the BTS Skytrain station and you can stoop off at Asiatique (which is a shopping / eating complex across the river). Food at breakfast was good and plentiful: staff friendly in general. Spa was good value and very professional.
One odd thing to report - after checking in and dropping off bags in the room, we returned too it suddenly (within a couple of minutes) to pick up a map. We found that we couldn't get back into the room because the security 'chain' had been engaged from inside the room! Clearly this couldn't happen by accident and we didn't do it before leaving (as this was impossible). Hotel maintenance had to come and remove the door latch to get in (while we stood watching the doors to all the rooms with adjoining balconies). When we got into the room the lights were on and the french doors to the balcony were unlocked and slightly ajar. I think that we had surprised someone who has entered the room from the balcony and got through the ill-fitting doors. So, the windows don't keep out noise pr people. Security or reception didn't think anything was suspicious. even if this was just saving face at the time, I hope that you are looking into this.

Room Tip: Avoid riverside rooms if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank small_world_team
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear small_world_team,
Thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us. I was very concerned to learn about some of the unforeseen experiences you had faced and I am sincerely sorry for this. We are investigating the incident on the chained lock from inside of the room, and have since looked into having second locks for all our guest rooms. This is certainly a cause for concern and immediate actions on our part is imperative and steps have been taken to ensure that this incident is not repeated.

Our new Avani Hotel is currently in progress which when completed, will also house an upscale shopping mall and numerous entertainment outlets. You will be pleased to know that your comments on our room deco and the fittings are already in the process where we are currently undertaking an enhancement exercise. When this project is completed, our guests will enjoy refreshed and upgraded rooms which still represent much of Thai culture and artistry.

Please allow me to again, thank you for the appreciation you have of our Resort’s unique low-rise architecture on the banks of the Chao Phraya and the good review of our swimming pool and our dining options. I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our shuttle boat service, the facilities and treatment at our Anantara Spa and the friendliness of our associates.

I hope the adverse incidents will not deter you from choosing to stay with us in the future, and please take this as my sincere invitation for you to give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Due to the unrest political situation in the country, I have chosen to stay in this hotel for my business trip as the hotel is further away from the demonstration area. The environment is quiet and relaxing, suitable for holiday. There is a shuttle boat service that bring you to the nearest BTS and Asiatique. It was a pleasant stay except for one night where a blur guest tried to force open my door at 2am which made me lose my sleep for two hours. I will come back again either for business or holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank njfk
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the first impression looks very nice and the pool looks brilliant. The breakfast is outstanding generous and tasty. The rooms have a nice size and in general the staff is friendly.
Only 4 stars because we waited more then 30 minutes at check in, there was a construction site just across the road, the rooms have seen better days and the pool was so crowded we did not want to use it, although it looked very nice.

Room Tip: Do not take a room near the construction...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernd S
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Bernd S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us. I am concern to learn about your wait to be checked-in, how you felt about our rooms and about using the swimming pool. It also concerns me that you see us over-priced and crowded. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. The hot weather coupled with the relaxed atmosphere of our Resort does entice our guests to spend endless hours by our pool and we do offer competitive pricing for accommodation and dining; I am sorry if this was not communicated to you effectively.

However, you will be pleased to know that some of our rooms are currently undergoing an enhancement phase and it would be my pleasure to ensure that you are offered one of our newly refreshed rooms on your next visit to our Resort.

I am glad that you generally had a great stay with us.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

It is my second time visit Anantara, and there is no doubt that this nice and cozy resort is one of the greatest resot in city. Very kind staffs and good tasty food in restaurante.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Toromong,
Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your Anantara experience.
Your recognition of our Resort, our associates and our dining qualities are greatly appreciated, thank you.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stay in may 2014 for three nights in this hotel. A perfect team gave us a wonderfull stay. If we will have a stay i bangkok again i already chose this hotel. We are living in a riverviewroom. It has an beautiful sight about the river and you don't hear anything from the street.

Room Tip: Choose a riverview room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear DerfnamLgeig,
I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and that you will choose to again stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel in May 2014 and absolutely loved it. Would have to be one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. We chose the deluxe premier riverfront room and it was absolutely gorgeous with really great views of the river.
The beds were extremely comfy and a pillow menu to suit all tastes. The rooms were a decent size and the bathroom was lovely and clean with beautiful toiletries provided and a lovely rain shower.
TV and DVD player provided with plenty of channels to watch if you just wanted to stay in and relax. 2 room cards provided so you could leave the ac on and it was lovely and cool when you returned to your room. Turn down service was provided every night and towels replaced then if you used them after housekeeping had been
Pool area was amazing and the pool bar staff were excellent. The hotel grounds were beautiful and well kept. They have even gone to the trouble of misting with a floral scent to mask the smell of the waterway between the hotel wings
Breakfast was awesome and we also had the evening buffet on 2 occasions which was also great.
One of the greatest assets of this hotel is its staff. They were always friendly and quick to help if required and we even had the pleasure of speaking to the manager on 2 occasions.
When in Bangkok again we will absolutely be returning to the amazing Anantara Resort, loved, loved, loved it

Room Tip: We loved the deluxe river front room as we are avid photographers and we got awesome views of the ri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bunnobabe

Dear bunnobbe,
Thank you for such a great review on your recent stay with us. I am humbled by your positive comments. I am glad that you found our Resort’s tranquil setting, warm hospitality, personalised service and our vast facilities to your expectations. The recognition given to the little details that have added to your experience is also greatly appreciated.

Please drop me a line when your travels bring you back to Bangkok, as it would be my pleasure to welcome you again.