Had previously stayed at this hotel a couple of times when it was the Marriott and was interested to see if the change of ownership had been positive or not. (Previously was a good 4 star plus hotel). Booked for a 3 night stay prior to moving on to the Intercontinental Hua Hin.
After an initial small communication problem with the hotel I contacted the Gen Manager by email as it suggested on their website. Nik could not have done a better job in ensuring that all queries were answered and offered us free room upgrades along with competitive offers for Kasara Lounge access and pick up from Bangkok airport, which we took him up on. Every last detail was executed professionally from his staff for the entire stay at the hotel.
Rooms were luxuriously equipped with large led tv, dvd player, complimentary fruit and mineral water, a great bathroom, views of the river and pool area, and very, very comfortable beds. Rooms were also spotlessly cleaned each day and even complimentary laundry was returned pressed and folded within 4 hours.
Cleanliness around the hotel was fantastic with an array of staff making sure that the environment was a constant perfect. Pool area looks a little small for the number of rooms in the hotel but there was always plenty of space for the guests who wanted to use the facilities, I guess the majority are business travellers and are away most of the day. Pool was refreshing and the jacuzzi was like getting into a hot bath! Gym was well equipped and the food served by the pool was excellent and reasonable value if you chose carefully.
Unfortunately we didn't get to sample the hotel restaurants as my family demanded that we explore the shopping malls and the nightlife of Asiatique of an evening, for which there was a complimentary river boat shuttle service every 30 mins from the hotel until midnight. However the breakfasts served each day at the buffet were top quality and there was a huge selection that was constantly being restocked ensuring that everyone was satisfied.
Currently there are some significant construction projects underway both in the hotel (room refurbs) and immediately behind (a new shopping mall), which initially concerned us, however, we did not hear anything that spoilt the tranquility and were protected even from any views of it - very thoughtful construction management.
However, the most impressive asset of this hotel is the quality of the staff it employs. People in Thailand are usually very polite, helpful, and courteous and here there are no exceptions to this which every single member of staff we engaged with being professionally perfect which made us feel welcome for the whole of our stay.We didn't get the names of the people unfortunately but the girl who managed the Kasara lounge (Sandra?) made our visits to the facility very enjoyable indeed and her Long Island Iced Teas were pure quality.
In summary the Anantara involvement with this hotel has proven that it is possible to make a really good hotel into a great one, a real credit to Nik and all the team who work there. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Travelbag and Southall Travel so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott