Bangkok is under millitary rule and hotels are having great packages now. Checked with friends in Bangkok and was told there is nothing to fear, especially for tourists. Searching thoroughly for a resort hotel for leisure travel and found Anantara who has consistent good reviews.
Located along ChaoPraya river just opposite the newly opened Asiatique mall, it is an hour of taxi ride from the international airport. On arrival, travelling as a couple, we were immediately met by Vincent, friendly front office personnel who did our check-in swiftly and showed us personally to our room, a luxurious junior suite on the 4th floor with a balcony.
To get to the city area, best way is to take the complimentary boat ride to Sathorn bridge pier which is near to the Sathorn Taksin train station. However, the boat departs every 30 minutes till midnight only. Beautiful gardens with an inviting swimming pool as you walked towards the ferry pier, the hotel interiors and landscaping is really almost perfect.
After lots of shopping and walking, we cannot wait to return to our hotel room and we must say, the bed is really helpful and we rested very well.
The Elephant Bar offers unusual cocktails and thats where we watched the recent world cup match Netherlands vs Mexico. It was very exciting especially when watching with local Thai people and foreign hotel guests.
Nice..... will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott