There is no denying that this hotel is a beautiful complex that offers peace and tranquility and access to the fast and the furious of Bangkok. My problem is that I stayed here after staying at the Centara Grand Mirage in Pattaya which really was breathtaking and I wasnt quite as overwhelmed by this hotel.
Room- It was always clean, it is spacious, beautifully decorated and oozes luxury. We would have liked a river facing room but this was more expensive. On hindsight, I wish we had booked such a room because we had no view from our balcony at all.
Hotel Grounds- Again, they were well kept. The pool was an adequate size for purpose (just sunbathe for a couple of hours and sight-see for the most part). Pool towels provided. The hotel is full of nature- we had a Ghecko in the room, there was a baby kimono dragon around the pool area, there are ponds full of fish and the hotel has food you can use to feed them.
Restaurants- We had a complimentary dinner in the BBQ restaurant on the river which was lovely. We had breakfast in the hotel which was lovely- sausage, bacon, omelette, pancakes, fruit... all you could ask for. For dinner and tea my partner and I went out of the hotel. We caught the free boat to Asiatique and over to the main pier and were not short of places to eat. I personally loved the sweetcorn from street vendors. Make sure it is hot! We ate in many shopping mall food courts and thought they were brilliant.
Transport- Taxis are readily available- ask reception. However, I would highly recommend using the free hotel boat. In the day it runs every 20 minutes ish between the hotel and the main pier which gives you access to the rush of Bangkok. In the night it also stops at the night market Asiatique which is well worth a visit for food and souvenirs. River boats that run between Asiatique and central pier are also freely available.
Excursions- My partner and I visited the marble temple and the temple of dawn whilst staying at the hotel. I loved seeing all the temples and would recommend a visit to any that are accessible to you. We also went to the sky bar which is where a scene from hangover 2 was filmed (think helicopter). Expensive but well worth a visit because the views are sensational.
Staff- So polite and so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and I think the British could learn a lot from Thai people! I was walking to reception with a postcard and didnt even get there because a member of staff had seen me and offered to take it there for me. The postcard made it home. And they did no expect tips left right and center.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants access to the rush of Bangkok but wants access to peace and tranquility as well. Whilst we were there, there was work being done on the hotel but it did not disturb us at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travelbag, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott