7,840 results
All reviews the river trader vics shuttle boat kasara lounge beautiful resort elephant bar free calls swim up bar asiatique night market boat service hotel boat free boat junior suite dinner cruise saphan taksin a river view room breakfast buffet
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Following on from my "Phenomenal" review I decided to bring my parents with me for my next trip to BKK.

I contacted Nik (GM) and he was very kind to provide a complimentary airport pickup for us all (my parents are getting old so a really huge help).

The car itself had 6+ seats and my girlfriend and i were in the 2 seats behind the driver with my parents behind us...after a while we realised they were "massage chairs" !!! Ive never heard of or seen massage chairs in a car before...awesome!

On arrival Nik greeted us all himself which was a really nice touch :) he was assisted by a really lovely woman who was very kind checking us in and throughout our stay, she also previously worked in Shangri-La Makati...i wrote down her name but as time has passed ive now misplaced it...perhaps if Nik reads this he can reply with her name?

It be said that for my parents they found this the best place in Asia (joint with Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore) for them to visit and relax. So,not only for my girlfriend and i on our previous visit but take note that if you have elderly relatives they will love it here.

The restaurants are without fault and you can also stay solely on the hotel premises as theres so much there + asiatique shopping and food area is just 10mins on the free boat directly moored alongside the hotel.

Due to the experiences here we will be trying Anantara Phuket over the next few days...hopefully its just as good!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Asiabusiness,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for bringing along your parents to share the delight of our tropical oasis. It was my pleasure to offer you and your parents the courtesy and I am pleased you enjoyed the journey from the airport to the resort in one of our luxury hybrid vehicles with its unique features to ensure the comfort needed after a long journey.
Ms. Pim and I were indeed happy to welcome you back and to meet with your parents. I am pleased your parents found our tropical oasis one of the best resorts in Asia for relaxation and for a visit. I am also happy our dining offers were a delight, as were our complimentary shuttle boat services to easily reach other points of interest especially the central pier and Asiatique, Asia’s largest night market just 5 minutes across by boat.

It is wonderful to know that after an exceptional stay with us, you will be visiting our other Anantara properties, and rest assured that you will receive the same attention and legendary hospitality that you have become accustomed to from our luxurious brand.

See you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel in a wonderfully quiet location far enough from downtown Bangkok noise and pollution. Superb staff, lovely pool, great choices of food. What more could you ask? How about a regular boat shuttle to downtown Bangkok or to the wonderful Asiatic nighttime market? Check. Too may small touches to list - come see for yourself.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian M
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Brian M,
Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased our tranquil riverside location easily accessible with our complimentary shuttle boat services to central pier and Asia’s largest night market, Asiatique; our exceptional team members and our legendary hospitality, our wide range of dining offers and little personal touches all added to a memorable experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

We spent wonderful 6 days in Anantara Riverside Resort in Bangkok. We have been exceptionally happy with resort, room, location and service. All resort is spotlessly clean, room is spacious with extra equipment. Free of charge mobile phone is provided which was very handy. Staff acted promptly on every of our requests. Highly recommended !

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear steve_z_kovacevic,
Thank you for sharing your delightful experience and I am happy to know that our spacious well appointed rooms, our perfect riverside location, our added guest experience – the Handy with its free calls to select countries, free wifi and information on Bangkok as well as our exceptional service offered you a very enjoyable and memorable stay.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Arrived at Anantara from a flight from Koh Samui. Reception was fantastic, as it should have been from a highly expensive and high quality hotel. Was attended to pre front desk and at the front desk by attentive staff..
The free shuttle boat across the river was a gem. Was not aware of it's existence prior to being alerted to it by the concierge and assistants.. It arrived and departed on schedule . Fantastic
Bed and pillows to die for.
Had free phone for use. Can't work my own phone let alone some Hi Tech job on the desk.. No doubt a fantastic opportunity for a different generation

Room tip: My room was near the lifts on level 5 in that wing but no noise from the lifts.. Background noise was negligible
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tony W

Dear Tony W,
Thank you for your kind review and I am happy to know that you have had a great stay with us, enjoying the luxuriousness of our tropical oasis, the expert advice of our Concierge to getting about this fascinating city, the complimentary shuttle boat services for easily getting to major landmarks and sightseeing as well as the availability of the Handy, with features such as free calls to select countries, free wifi and information on Bangkok.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

we were already 5 times in the Anantara Riverside. Whenever we visit Bangkok, we book there. The situation is perfect; in the middle of the town and, nevertheless, quietly. The crossing by boat belonging to hotel is amusing to the high-level railway station. From here one comes fast to the centre.
The rooms are great, the staff very friendly and the breakfast "world class"

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Siegfried55,
Thank you for your kind loyalty and for choosing to stay with us every time your travels include this fascinating city. I am pleased to know that you as always, enjoyed our perfect location, our complimentary shuttle boat service, the tranquility of our riverside retreat , the gourmet breakfast and the exceptional services from all our team members.
I look forward to your next stay.