“Luxury at it's best”

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #23 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I've stayed in many hotels in Bangkok, many throughout the world, and many Marriott hotels, but this hotel is my favourite by far, from the moment you arrive, the welcome is second to none, the lobby is of beautiful decor, and features tranquil lily ponds, a beautiful bar with piano, the staff are the most friendly you will ever meet and pamper to your every need, I work in Thailand frequently, and I can recommend this hotel with 100% conviction, there is not anywhere else I would try since my first stay here in 2006.

Room Tip: All rooms here are of the highest quality, the executive level gives you that extra luxury.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cjthedj26

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We enjoyed this hotel. Room, bed, service and food were great. Great location also. It seems to be geared for business travel more, but this is not necessarily a negative, just an obsservation. The pool was small but pleasant. I felt though that it was not great value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The Hotel is well located in the Sukhumvit district, which offers great shopping (MBK, Siam Square, Palladium mall, etc.). The amenities are great. The room are up to standard but don't go above and beyond. The breakfast is great and free if you are staying in the executive section and if you are a gold member. In terms of reservation it was not perfect. We stayed there twice and each time we had to wait for our rooms to be prepared. Staff was helpful nonetheless.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2012

In addition, one of the best hotel gyms with almost all new machines and weights. Small swimming pool (just for relaxation, not sports). I was in a business meeting (the company paid, so please see other reviews regarding the value for money).

Room Tip: Please stay away of the sleazy neighborhood next to the hotel as many frightining stories are being...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We had booked to stay here for 2 nights with breakfast included. On arriving here at 10pm after a 8 hour flight from Brisbane, the guy at reception said we were room only. We pointed out on our e-mail confirmation that it clearly stated breakfast included. He went out to the office at the back and came back and said the price we paid was room only, but he would honour our e-mail and include breakfast. He made us feel as if he was doing us a big favour. (The English of the majority of the reception staff was poor). Finally we get to our room.
The next morning we arrived at breakfast and were shown to our table. No smiling faces. We asked the waitress for coffee. It never arrived. Ten minutes later we asked another waitress. Again no coffee. We asked yet another waitress. Again no coffee. I had now finished my breakfast. We caught the attention of a male waiter and complained. Finally 2 cups of coffee arrived. It was hard work. The following morning, the waitress presented us with a bill for breakfast. We told her that our breakfast was included and handed the bill back.
We did go down to the pool to do a spot of sun-bathing, but the pool area is more in shade than sun due to all the high buildings nearby and the sun-beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever laid on. They were perfect for sitting upright, but no good if you wanted to lay flat. You would end up putting your back out.
We were not told about the free WiFi in the room, but discovered that by chance.
On leaving the hotel, the doorman didn't like us standing in the lobby with our cases. We were waiting for a taxi to the airport, but he was trying to get us to use the Hotel's limo at a ridiculous price
I certainly won't be in a rush to go back here. There are better hotels with friendlier staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan2210
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is one of the best and excellent Business Hotel I have every stayed. We had group bookings and the staff had kept our room cards ready. The check in time was very quick and my luggage reached my room in 5 minutes. I had made a request for higher floors which they immediately accepted and I got a room on 11th floor.
The room was very specious and with all modern amenities. It took them a while to register me in their system and so aircon lights were not working when I entered room. However, they fixed it up in 10 minutes.
The location is the major advantage. It is based in Sukhumvit and everyone knows this hotel. It was easy to find and even take public transport to move around.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms on 13th floor onwards offer a panoramic view of the city
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I want to tell a strange story of my short one-day stop at the JW Marriott in Bangkok. For many years I'm a member of Marriott rewards programm, in addition, been a member of Marriott Vacation Club AP.
I ordered about 3 weeks 3 rooms in this hotel. Inforned that we will arrive at about 12.30 pm. When we arrived at the hotel at 13.15, it appears that there are only two rooms. Very bad English speaking girl at the reception, politely told me that another one of the ordered rooms to be ready for 14.00. When I tried to 15.00 find out the fate of another room, it turned out that it is still not ready, and a wonderful girl at the reception has changed and left. in the end we got a room at 18.20. In the evening I tried to order a minibus for 7 people. It turned out that the hotel has mini van, but it is targeted at 6 and the hotel could not help because they do not work with third-party companies. As a result, we drove to the airport at night for 4 taxis. Now a little about the hotel. The rooms have not been repaired, faucets in the bathroom is difficult work, icy bathroom floor, quality of cleaning is below average, blanket very old and dirty. Finally, thanks for the "perfect" service.

• Stayed: January 2012