“Great central location”

Ranked #29 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Los Angeles, California
“Great central location”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed here over a long weekend to celebrate my birthday. Booked the executive room on the recommendation of other TA reviews; lounge was great, free flowing drinks throughout the day and full breakfast, high tea and happy hour (themed daily) available. I didn't find the service of one of the lounge staff as pleasant and accommodating as what is previously written in other reviews as a simple request of rice or a fruit shake was not able to be delivered (although I witnessed it to other guests) and although staying there for a full 4 days, the front lounge receptionist could not even recognize us from day 1 and continued to ask for our room number every time we entered the lounge. The last few days, she did not even look up to acknowledge us and just stated, "Room number please". That is not what an Executive Lounge makes. So to my husband and I, very disappointing in that respect. On the other hand, the front desk, concierge, housekeeping, the restaurants, bakery staff and porters were all very gracious and appeared as if they truly appreciated our business. The front desk attendant noticed it was my birthday on my passport so greeted me with well wishes then later in the evening upon returning to our room, a birthday cheesecake was delivered along with a personal message from the Guest Relations Manager, so that was an extremely thoughtful touch. The room was good; bed was heavenly and extra firm pillows were delivered upon request. There was turndown service and chocolates on bed were placed; and bottled waters and a container of ice were placed every evening in the bar and bedside. View from room on the 21st floor was that of Nana Place, the so called "World's largest adult playground". I guess great for "interesting people watching" and I will leave it at that. One issue with the room was the shower stall that continued to have this deafening sound through the drain when the water was on, as if the water was travelling down 21 floors! Also, the shower stall flooring and door were so low to level that the water continued to leak through to the floor in the bathroom which left quite a mess. The shower pressure was very good though and there was also an rainshower head above. The mass train transit was nearby that could easily take you to Central World mall or Siam Mall within 15-20 minutes; in comparision a metered taxi could get you there in less time for about 40-50baht so not bad. I would most likely stay at the hotel again, although I won't have that much of a high expectation when visiting the executive lounge.

Room Tip: Room 2115 Executive Level offered city view of Bangkok
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Maria R.

Thank you for posting a review in this forum about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel and parts of the services you have encountered. I was particularly pleased to read that your birthday has been acknowledged and that you liked the cake.

I much regret to read about your dissatisfaction with the services at the Executive Lounge. I hasten to apologize that your husband and you haven't been recognized throughout your stay. This isn't what usually happens at the Lounge as many reviews have demonstrated. I am personally very sorry that we have dropped the ball.

I am aware that we shouldn't rest on our laurels and your comments have proven that to us. I remain hopeful that you would elect to stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok again should your travel schedule bring you back to Bangkok, enabling us to restore your faith in all of our services.

Best regards

JW Marriott Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've stayed in several JW Marriotts and they always embody luxury. The one in Bangkok doesn't disappoint and lives up to its reputation. Aside from its great location, the hotel itself is excellent, from the pool, to the executive lounge, to the great turn-down service. The staff is very professional and is always aiming to please.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank B D
Dear B D

Thank you for the nice comments you have posted about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay, particularly liking the Gym and the Executive Lounge.

It would be nice to welcome you back soon again. In the meantime I like to wish you safe travels.

Very best regards

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have stayed at the JW Marriott on so many occasions over the past decade and I must admit that this is one of a handful of luxury hotels which I do frequent again and again! Why? Defined luxury, non-commercialized service standards, excellent selection of facilities and Restaurants as well as outstanding value for money! I have tried other branded luxury hotels in Bangkok but not a single one comes close to the JWM!

From arrival, greeting, uncomplicated and swift check-in to the comfort of the room/bed/bathroom and the unique spread of Restaurants/Bars and fitness/spa facilities accompanied by unparalleled high service standards (all employes speak good English including the room attendant) my stay was yet again an unchallenged success of true Marriott style hospitality. I do really enjoy the added facilities and services of the Executive Floor Rooms and they certainly make my stay even more comfortable. The Marriott Bed is a real winner with me as it is the most comfortable bed in any hotel I ever stayed in...I do sleep like a "baby" sort of say!

Again, I used pretty well almost all facilities over my 4day stay and highlights were my dinners at the Nami Japanese Restaurant (fantastic Tuna Sashimi) as well the New York Steakhouse (first class steak Tartar and Matsusaka beef) respectively. I also ordered room service on several occasions and on all such the promised delivery times where lived-up to and the food quality and presentations were excellent...try the mushroom soup, Marriott burger or the pizza...delicious! For the casual times to i.e. read the news-paper I really do enjoy the Bangkok Baking Company (bakery Cafe) which has a nice view of the pedestrian walkway in front of Sukumvit (nice place for people watching) and the cakes, pastries, snacks or even light meals and of course the coffee (illy) are all excellent!!

The pool area is very relaxing and the 24/7 fitness center is superbly equipped (important after all the eating I have done). I also enjoyed the sauna and steam rooms and the smoothies are great to enjoy around the pool area.

Another worth mentioning fact is the good location of the JWM. Right on the corner of Sukumvit road on the corner of Soi 2 and only about 200 meters from the Phloen-Chit sky train station which takes you with one stop to the Chidlom station and from there you can reach by foot some of Bangkoks' most famous shopping Centers such Central Chidlom, Gaysorn, Central World and Paragon...all connected via sky-walks.

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok...a jewel of luxury comfort in the heart of Bangkok! Highly recommendable...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Werner R
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Werner R

I am thrilled to read the detailed and informative review you have posted about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. Thank you for taking time and trouble to be so elaborate and for sharing your good experience.

It is gratifying to receive such good marks from a well-traveled Top Contributor to this forum. It was nice to have you back and I am looking forward to welcome you again to the JW Marriott Bangkok in the not too distant future.

In the meantime I wish you safe travels and sending you very best regards

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've spent almost thirty days at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

The staff has provided consistent superior level of services across all departments.

The personal attention is especially notable from the Executive Lounge staff including business, travel and lounge services provided to the guests. Employees regularly great guests with smiles and a welcoming atmosphere. They learn and deliver on individual food and beverage preferences. When being away from home they make a very pleasant difference for the business traveler.

I experienced one room maintenance issue during this stay. Within three minutes Engineering staff was at my door to resolve the issue.

This property also has a complete fitness center which is always an excellent option.

Thank you JW Marriott Executive Lounge team for an excellent experience.

Greg

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AsiaTraveler008
Dear Asia Traveler 008 - Dear Greg

Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to read your comments, even more so in view of the length of your stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok !

Thank you for staying a full month with us and for recognizing the hotel's Executive Lounge, the service level and the facilities in general. Nothing makes us happier than a confirmation from a long staying guest like you that all was well and that consistently excellent service was provided throughout your stay.

Wishing you well and sending you best regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights and found te whole experience very pleasant from start to finish. Checking in was straight foward and the staff at reception were very friendly. The room was spacious with all the facilities you would expect. We had access to the executive lounge which was pretty exceptional. There was a good range of food for breakfast, and snacks and drinks served throughout the day. The staff in the lounge were so helpful and catered to our every need. Although I didn't actually use the facilities, I had a look at the gym and it was very impressive! Very spacious with lots of machines so you would never have to wait around to use it, and its 24 hours. The location of the hotel is also great, right near the station and a short walk to nana street were there's lots of bars and restaurants. Overall a great hotel. Caters for all, although I would say more towards the business clientele, but nonetheless great service for all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nads1982
Dear Nads 1982

Thank you for posting a very lovely review about your recent experience at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

I am very pleased to read your lines and the good comments you have for the hotel location, the Lounge, the service, the rooms and the spacious gym and I much appreciate the time you have taken to post your comments.

It would be fantastic to welcome you back to the hotel again, should your travel schedule bring you back to Bangkok.

Thank you once more and sending you very best regards

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed for three nights at JW Marriott Bangkok. I would definitely want to stay here again on the executive floor. Customer Service is of the highest standard. There was a wider array of breakfast foods than I expected from a lounge. Aside from a wide variety of breads and pastries (nicely presented in an open oven), there was also a select of Asian savory food (like shrimp dumplings, beef broccoli, etc, delicious chicken sausages and crisp hash browns, cheeses and salads, cereals, fruit, yogurt. And there are two chefs on site to prepare eggs to order (whether omelet, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached).. The resident manager came to see how we were doing and when I casually mentioned that I didn't see bran cereal, it was there the next day along with some extra variety of fruits. Responsive, professional, courteous. Front desk and ground floor staff as well. Convenient location near Ploen Chit sky train stn. Easy access to Central Chidlom, Siam Paragon, shopping and business district. Very comfortable to come home to after a long day and night out. Spacious room, lovely beddings. Even lobby has distinctive decor. We got free Internet for being Marriott rewards cardholders. Spacious room and bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank foodiebaker
Dear Foodiebaker

I was thrilled to read the review about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for taking time and trouble to illustrate your experience in many details, including the food variety at the Executive Lounge and the service levels there. Thank you for the many good words you have for the associates and the management of the hotel.

It would be great to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Bangkok soon again. Wishing you safe travels and sending you very best regards

Bangkok
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in August 2013. I found it a good hotel with excellent services until I faced the rude concierge staff and the room service staff behaving in an unprofessional manner not acceptable. While checking out when asked about the experienced I honestly shared with the front desk staff who informed the General Manager. To my surprise, GM of the hotel immediately contacted me and said to sorry to the situation. I found the GM highly experienced and fully competent to deal with such situation and assured to train the staff. Except that issue, hotel was fantastic and I would recommend it to any interested in staying in Sukhumvit, Bangkok and enjoying a magnificent breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Silom city side view are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family