“A great Hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #25 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business in Sept 2013 and loved it.

While the Hotel may not be brand new, you can tell they used the best fittings when it opened. High grade dark wooden bedroom furniture was appreciated over the cheap and flimsy rubbish you get in many hotels. Beautiful linens, towels and carpets throughout spelt quality.

Service was also excellent, professional and unobtrusive. They instinctively know what each type of guest requires and accommodate that happily.

Check out the first floor Chinese restaurant. It's not well advertised in the Hotel, but excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear bax52

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. I like the approach you have taken in describing the hotel and your words are very meaningful given that you are a Top Contributor to this forum.

It indeed isn't the newest hotel in town, being in the 17th year of operation. All guest rooms have been refurbished, some of them twice already. The hotel portrays elegance. Thank you for recommending the service levels across the hotel. There are over 550 associates working in this property and they much appreciate your recognition.

The Man Ho Chinese Restaurant is well liked by hotel guests and local patrons alike for the daily fresh Dim Sum (all you can eat style) at lunch. Thank you for making a note of it.

It would be great to welcome you back soon again. Thank you for your review once more and sending you very best regards.

JW Marriott Bangkok

Write a ReviewReviews (2,963)

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel and am surprised at the high ratings given to the executive lounge. The staff was nice, but the food was not that good compared to other executive lounges I have eaten in. Especially the 3:00 tea selection – very weak.

We have stayed at the Marriott Renaissance just down the street 4 or 5 times and rate them a 5 every time. I would recommend you stay there instead. The rooms are much nicer (especially the bathroom) and the location is much better – closer to the MRT. And I think the staff is better, offering you a welcome drink a free foot massage with the exec check in....

Room Tip: choose the Marriott Renaissance down the street!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cathy W

Dear paris28

It is with much regret to read your review and to learn that you haven't enjoyed your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

I have looked into the afternoon tea selection in view of your comments and we have already improved selection and set up. The Executive Lounge has received many nice compliments about the food on offer and the service levels in this forum. Your comments encourage us to work further on consistency. We have to be as good in what we are doing today as we have been yesterday.

The JW Marriott Bangkok's location at Sukhumvit Road and the location of the Renaissance Ratchaprasong are similar - two to three minutes away from the respective BTS station.

I have noticed your comment that indeed you prefer our sister hotel in the future. I respect that, at the same time thanking you for giving preference to Marriott operated properties when coming to Bangkok.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I’ve stayed at different Marriott properties but JW Marriott Bangkok is one of the best I have ever experienced. The service level was top notch with exceptional staffs especially from the breakfast restaurant which is located at the Ground floor and the Lounge on 16th floor. A warm greeting, service with bright smile, friendliness and warm hospitality is what you will get. Kudos to the great team of JW Marriott Bangkok! I look forward to my next stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear DericChin

I am thrilled to read your review, thank you so much for your comments and for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok to readers of this forum.

Thank you for recognizing the Associates of the hotel for their service and care. I am looking much forward to welcome you back soon again and remain with very best regards.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Had a three week stay and was very impressed with the staff at the Executive lounge. The staff there was so attentive and friendly. They made sure to know our names, and greet us each time we visited. They even remembered our favorite beverages and made sure that we enjoyed ourselves. The rooms and room service was great and they have a wonderful fitness center with great equipment and beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side with the angled wall (at the end of the floor) were larger and had a very nice lay...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear RKeithW

Many thanks for your review and for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok. I am pleased to read that you have you enjoyed your stay even more so since you have stayed 3 weeks with us.

Thank you for staying with us and looking much forward to welcome you back soon again.

Very best regards

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed here over a long weekend to celebrate my birthday. Booked the executive room on the recommendation of other TA reviews; lounge was great, free flowing drinks throughout the day and full breakfast, high tea and happy hour (themed daily) available. I didn't find the service of one of the lounge staff as pleasant and accommodating as what is previously written in other reviews as a simple request of rice or a fruit shake was not able to be delivered (although I witnessed it to other guests) and although staying there for a full 4 days, the front lounge receptionist could not even recognize us from day 1 and continued to ask for our room number every time we entered the lounge. The last few days, she did not even look up to acknowledge us and just stated, "Room number please". That is not what an Executive Lounge makes. So to my husband and I, very disappointing in that respect. On the other hand, the front desk, concierge, housekeeping, the restaurants, bakery staff and porters were all very gracious and appeared as if they truly appreciated our business. The front desk attendant noticed it was my birthday on my passport so greeted me with well wishes then later in the evening upon returning to our room, a birthday cheesecake was delivered along with a personal message from the Guest Relations Manager, so that was an extremely thoughtful touch. The room was good; bed was heavenly and extra firm pillows were delivered upon request. There was turndown service and chocolates on bed were placed; and bottled waters and a container of ice were placed every evening in the bar and bedside. View from room on the 21st floor was that of Nana Place, the so called "World's largest adult playground". I guess great for "interesting people watching" and I will leave it at that. One issue with the room was the shower stall that continued to have this deafening sound through the drain when the water was on, as if the water was travelling down 21 floors! Also, the shower stall flooring and door were so low to level that the water continued to leak through to the floor in the bathroom which left quite a mess. The shower pressure was very good though and there was also an rainshower head above. The mass train transit was nearby that could easily take you to Central World mall or Siam Mall within 15-20 minutes; in comparision a metered taxi could get you there in less time for about 40-50baht so not bad. I would most likely stay at the hotel again, although I won't have that much of a high expectation when visiting the executive lounge.

Room Tip: Room 2115 Executive Level offered city view of Bangkok
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Maria R.

Thank you for posting a review in this forum about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel and parts of the services you have encountered. I was particularly pleased to read that your birthday has been acknowledged and that you liked the cake.

I much regret to read about your dissatisfaction with the services at the Executive Lounge. I hasten to apologize that your husband and you haven't been recognized throughout your stay. This isn't what usually happens at the Lounge as many reviews have demonstrated. I am personally very sorry that we have dropped the ball.

I am aware that we shouldn't rest on our laurels and your comments have proven that to us. I remain hopeful that you would elect to stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok again should your travel schedule bring you back to Bangkok, enabling us to restore your faith in all of our services.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've stayed in several JW Marriotts and they always embody luxury. The one in Bangkok doesn't disappoint and lives up to its reputation. Aside from its great location, the hotel itself is excellent, from the pool, to the executive lounge, to the great turn-down service. The staff is very professional and is always aiming to please.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank B D

Dear B D

Thank you for the nice comments you have posted about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay, particularly liking the Gym and the Executive Lounge.

It would be nice to welcome you back soon again. In the meantime I like to wish you safe travels.

Very best regards

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have stayed at the JW Marriott on so many occasions over the past decade and I must admit that this is one of a handful of luxury hotels which I do frequent again and again! Why? Defined luxury, non-commercialized service standards, excellent selection of facilities and Restaurants as well as outstanding value for money! I have tried other branded luxury hotels in Bangkok but not a single one comes close to the JWM!

From arrival, greeting, uncomplicated and swift check-in to the comfort of the room/bed/bathroom and the unique spread of Restaurants/Bars and fitness/spa facilities accompanied by unparalleled high service standards (all employes speak good English including the room attendant) my stay was yet again an unchallenged success of true Marriott style hospitality. I do really enjoy the added facilities and services of the Executive Floor Rooms and they certainly make my stay even more comfortable. The Marriott Bed is a real winner with me as it is the most comfortable bed in any hotel I ever stayed in...I do sleep like a "baby" sort of say!

Again, I used pretty well almost all facilities over my 4day stay and highlights were my dinners at the Nami Japanese Restaurant (fantastic Tuna Sashimi) as well the New York Steakhouse (first class steak Tartar and Matsusaka beef) respectively. I also ordered room service on several occasions and on all such the promised delivery times where lived-up to and the food quality and presentations were excellent...try the mushroom soup, Marriott burger or the pizza...delicious! For the casual times to i.e. read the news-paper I really do enjoy the Bangkok Baking Company (bakery Cafe) which has a nice view of the pedestrian walkway in front of Sukumvit (nice place for people watching) and the cakes, pastries, snacks or even light meals and of course the coffee (illy) are all excellent!!

The pool area is very relaxing and the 24/7 fitness center is superbly equipped (important after all the eating I have done). I also enjoyed the sauna and steam rooms and the smoothies are great to enjoy around the pool area.

Another worth mentioning fact is the good location of the JWM. Right on the corner of Sukumvit road on the corner of Soi 2 and only about 200 meters from the Phloen-Chit sky train station which takes you with one stop to the Chidlom station and from there you can reach by foot some of Bangkoks' most famous shopping Centers such Central Chidlom, Gaysorn, Central World and Paragon...all connected via sky-walks.

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok...a jewel of luxury comfort in the heart of Bangkok! Highly recommendable...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Werner R
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Werner R

I am thrilled to read the detailed and informative review you have posted about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok. Thank you for taking time and trouble to be so elaborate and for sharing your good experience.

It is gratifying to receive such good marks from a well-traveled Top Contributor to this forum. It was nice to have you back and I am looking forward to welcome you again to the JW Marriott Bangkok in the not too distant future.

In the meantime I wish you safe travels and sending you very best regards