JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Okura Hotels
US$104
US$94
3,154 results
All reviewsthe executive loungenew york steakhousechef cindylounge staffnana plazaspecial thanksplatinum memberhome away from homefitness centerexcellent hotelbts stationanjaporfongnamitsukan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013

As Marriott Platinum, we stayed on a high floor concierge floor. Large room, great bed, good shower, nice views. The executive lounge was excellent. Very busy, good food. The
staff there was very helpful in arranging some tourist things we wanted to do. Hotel location is very
good, a few minutes walk from the Sky Train. Ate dinner one night in the Marriott Cafe, which was
better than expected. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Buzzy1
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Buzzy1

I like to thank you for your review and for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok to readers of this forum and to fellow travelers.

Your review is very meaningful to us, being a top contributor, having reviewed 60 hotels around the world. This allows you to draw ample comparison regarding a hotel's location, the facilities and the service.

Again I am thrilled that you highly recommend the JW Marriott and I like to thank you for staying with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back once more in the near future, I remain with best regards and very best wishes.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A great hotel which I have stayed on and off again during my business trips.

The service is very sincere from the Bellman, Concierge, Front Desk, Restaurants, to the Executive Lounge Reception and Lounge itself.

The profiling of VIP customers is exceptional from understanding the tastes of every guest.

This present stay was no exception... Executive lounge associates have been honestly fantastic and accommodating so I thought I would provide the names of the group of ladies who work very hard and deserve a lot of credit to this properly service attitude (nicknames...) Fong was very hard working.... as well as Aum, Apple, Palm, Teaw, Puy, Babe, Mimi, Aphinya, and the rest if I missed any. Kudos the Supervisor(s) here...

Really appreciated the constant welcome and flexibility provided each and every time there is a visit. Also a thank you to the ladies at the front desk who allowed an early checkin for Platinum after a long flight.

I do not have time to normally reviews, but felt it was necessary in this occasion to reward the exceptional work and sincerity behind it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank david m

Dear David M

Thank you so much for taking time and trouble to post a review in relation to your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

We believe in providing our guests with consistently outstanding service across the hotel and I much appreciate your feedback that you have encountered exactly that. I have shared your comments with the departments involved, from Concierge, to the Restaurants and the Executive Lounge. Aum, Apple, Palm, Teaw, Puy, Babe, Mimi and Aphinya will appreciate your special mention of their name and seeing their efforts and care recognized.

It would be great to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Bangkok soon.

Very best regards

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked a 10 night stay with JW Marriott Bangkok using their own website. Within 24 hours of booking I managed to find a much lower rate through a competing website (www.olotels.com). Given that Marriott promises the lowest rates anywhere I submitted a claim with full confidence that it would be honoured as the competing room was also on a like for like basis. However, Marriott refused my claim on the basis that the competing website issues a voucher for the accommodation. I wrote back pointing out that it is issued simply to confirm a reservation and is comparable to Marriott issuing an email to confirm a reservation directly with the hotel. There were a number of email exchanges back and forth but in one them Marriott accepted that there are "contractual agreement with hotel vendors to offer a lower rate". Clearly their best rate guarantee and claim to offer the "lowest rate anywhere" is nothing but misleading and a gross misrepresentation. Despite numerous attempts to obtain answers to specific questions about the best rate guarantee and the my booking in particular, none of my questions were addressed (unfortunately I cannot publish my email exchanges as it is against TripAdvisors terms and conditions).

I also escalated my query to the highest office of JW Marriott, being Mr JW Marriott, over a week ago again no response.

In my opinion and from my experience so far out of all the Luxury hotel brands Marriott's customer service has to be the worst hands down. It is a great tragedy as I expected so much but experienced nothing except disappointment. Needless to say I have since cancelled my stay. My advice, don't waste your time with Marriott, you're more likely to receive a more favourable response from other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Raaool
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Raaool

It is with much regret to learn about your dissatisfaction with the reservation process and I hasten to apologize for the inconveniences which have been caused.

I have sent you a personal email as I would like to obtain more details from you as to what appears to have happened. This should then allow me to directly respond to you as well, hoping to be able and clarify the issues at hand.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to hear from you. Best regards

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Excellent Service & Comfortable Stay. Location of the Hotel is excellent !! Hotel is so conveniently located, its very close to all Market Areas and in the Centre of the City. The Food and the Service Quality makes this Hotel the Best Option of Stay !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear rajivsh23

It is with much satisfaction to read your review. Thank you for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok to readers of this forum and to fellow travelers.

You have highlighted the service excellence, location, comfort and food quality, attributes making up for a good stay.

It would be nice to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime I like to send you very best regards, with thanks for your review once more.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Enjoyed staying here. Nice JW with very nice rooms. Very nice executive lounge. Convenient to mass transit. Overall a good location.

My only complaint, which applies to all Marriott brands, is their keys are terrible and too often loose their signal. I love it when the staff tells us to keep the keys away from mobile phones. Our floor was restricted and one of the elevators didn’t seem to like the key most of the time. The staff gave us a bit of a look when we got our keys reset and then they wouldn’t work in the elevator. Of course the staff got us into a different elevator, which worked just fine. The other issue with many Marriott’s, including this one, is the nice large flat screen TV but no HD channels. I don’t get it, especially at a JW.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adoyle71

Dear adoyle71

Thank you for posting a review and for recognizing the JW Marriott Bangkok for the service levels at the Executive Lounge.

I have taken note of your remarks regarding the room keys. It is true that we had a batch of keys which appear to have had a faulty magnetic strip. The supplier has been contacted and the problem should be rectified.

Thank you as well for your recommendation to add HD TV channels. The hotel is in process of renewing the cabling system into the guest rooms, upgrading the current analog connections to digital connectivity. The hotel will add HD TV channels once this project has been completed in the near future.

Thank you for your comments once more and sending you very best regards.