“Excellent Service”

Ranked #22 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I just spent three weeks in Bangkok on business. You know how easy it is for five star hotels to become soulless anonymous places where the staff treats you well but you always feel like a stranger. JW Bangkok is quite the opposite, especially at the executive lounge. Every employee there knew my name by the second day. Meow, the lounge manager in particular greeted me in the morning and checked in on my group of coworkers on several afternoons. And who could forget Palm? What a great stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Joshua T

I am thrilled to read your review. Thank you for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok for service excellence and personal attention to fellow travelers and readers of this forum. Thank you for singling out the Executive Floor Team under Meouw.

Your comments are indeed very meaningful to us since you stayed 3 consecutive weeks with us.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Bangkok and looking much forward to welcome you back soon again.

JW Marriott Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had a very nice 7 day stay at this hotel. It is centrally located with lots of great food and shopping just steps outside the door. I had a great breakfast every morning and very tasty hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the evening at the Executive Lounge.

The Staff at this Hotel are great! Very attentive. Especially in the Executive Lounge. Of note, Taew, Ging, Pui (Varisa) and Babe provided exceptional service. This is one of my favorite Lounges in the world.

I highly recommend this JW Marriott.

Room Tip: It is best to get a higher floor away from the main streets as the noise can sometimes be bothersome...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Road-Weary-Pilot

It is with much pleasure to read your review. Thank you for recognizing the service excellence of the associates across the hotel and at the Executive Lounge in particular.

All 640 employees at the hotel take great pride in taking care of guests. Nothing makes them happier than receiving a confirmation from a loyal guest like you that their work has been recognized.

It would be very nice to welcome you back soon again. In the meantime I like to wish you safe travels and sending you very best regards.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

JW Marriott is a world class hotel located in the heart of Bangkok. The rooms were modern, nicely decorated and clean. The staff far exceeded my expectation in many ways in regard to customer service and going above and beyond. The hotel offers many dining options that represents several continents done very well. The spa also looked very nice but ran out of time on this trip. I would highly recommend this property to liesure and business travelers alike.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear 123_David_12

I like to thank you for the lovely review you have posted. Thank you for recognizing service excellence across the hotel. Our associates take pride in taking good care of guests and nothing makes them happier than receiving a confirmation from a well-traveled customer like you.

Thank you to also recommend the JW Marriott Bangkok for the location in the heart of the city and for the variety of restaurants.

I look much forward to welcome you back soon again. In the meantime I remain with best regards.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

If you are a Marriott member and have at least Gold Status, stay here. This place is outstanding. The executive lounge was so nice I found that I would have to force myself to eat out and venture around Bangkok. Everything I needed for a great dinner was provided at the lounge. The atmosphere was wonderful and the staff was top-notch. I wouldn't considering staying any place else. If you can't use the lounge, still stay here. The rooms are marvelous and it is located on the metro line for easing commuting throughout Bangkok. Most comfortable hotel bed and pillow that I've ever experienced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear lgottatellya

I am thrilled to read your review. Thank you so much for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok to fellow travelers and readers of this forum.

You have mentioned the hotel location, the comfortable rooms and beds as well as the service and food offering at the Executive Lounge. All associates of the hotel believe in taking good care of the guests as they know that happy guests will return again and again quite like you have indicated as well you will.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott as the place to stay in Bangkok and looking much forward to welcome you back soon again.

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My travels take me all over Asia and one of my best experiences is always the JW Marriott Bangkok. Yes, the hotel is positioned in a part of the city that you can pretty much get to everything but that's not the reason it's the best. The PEOPLE make the difference time after time. At first I thought it was a fluke and the experience will break down sooner or later. I am here to say that after 7 stays the exceptional service, behavior, and attitude is to my delight, consistent and welcoming every time. The team on the Executive floor pushes the entire experience over the top they are the best i have ever seen. My compliments to the HR and training department for finding and training such a wonderful team of people. I travel internationally approximately 26 weeks out of the year and after long flights, traffic, meetings etc. it's nice to go back to a place that truely appreciates you and your business. I am looking forward to my next stay this month.
Thanks for making my stay in Bangkok special.

Room Tip: The corner room on the executive floor has a fantastic view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike l
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mike I

I am very happy to read your review. Thank you so much for recognizing the people, the associates across the hotel, for their work, their care and their attention.

I agree with you that people make the difference. Nothing makes us happier than receiving such a nicely written confirmation that a loyal guest like you has thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

I am particularly pleased to read that you have found the service levels to be consistently outstanding during your 1 week stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok and I gladly share your feedback with all my teams.

All of us look much forward to welcome you back again upon your next trip to Thailand. In the meantime I like to wish you safe travels and sending you very best regards.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for one night for a short stop on our way to Koh Samui. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the staff is amazing- always ready to open the door and great you in the elegant Thai manner. This hotel offers by far the most amazing Executive lounge I've ever encountered worldwide in a Marriott property! The breakfast presentation in the lounge is great! Indoor/outdoor lounge- very nice.The staff was very willing to help- providing us site seeing recommendations and transportation options- which was very important as we stayed the night before the heavily protested elections. They gave us a sense of comfort by suggesting where to go and where to avoid. Very nice, would stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Quiltstitcher

I am thrilled to read your review. Thank you for taking time and trouble to share your views about the JW Marriott Bangkok.

It is with particular pleasure to read that you found our Executive Lounge to be the best in the Marriott system worldwide, recognizing the Lounge for food quality, choice and service excellence. The associates at the Lounge will be very pleased to read your comments. Indeed, they take pride in taking care of guests every single day.

Your comments are very meaningful to us given that you are a Senior Contributor and a well traveled person. Meanwhile it would be nice to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Bangkok soon again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised. The location is great as not too far from the airport (about 40 mins) and not so close to the city and river that you get stuck in traffic. On arriving the entrance lobby was extremely impressive and the decor very modern. Staff were helpful in advising us on what to do in the city and provided lot's of useful info and tips. We stayed in a suite with access to the executive lounge which is one of the best I have ever used with a great selection of food and drinks. The room was superb with a huge bathtub overlooking the city and every facility we needed. I also paid a visit to the pool and gym which were both excellent. My only advice is if you want to book for the spa make sure you do in advance as it was fully booked when we arrived. Also check out the rooftop bar which has simply jaw dropping views over the city and delicious cocktails. We will definitely be back here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view of the city
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kuljeet33

I much appreciate your review and the recommendations you made to fellow travelers and readers of this forum about the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for recognizing the location, comfortable room, the Executive Lounge as well as the Spa facilities. I like to apologize that the Spa was fully booked by the time you wanted to receive a treatment.

It would be nice to welcome you back again to the JW Marriott Bangkok upon your next visit to Thailand.

Thank you for your review once more and sending you very best regards.