“very nice hotel”

Ranked #32 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Essen, Germany
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very nice rooms .The food is very good too ,particularly in the buffet restaurant and the new York
steakhouse. In my opinion its the best steakhouse in town just a bit expensive.
The buffets breakfast , lunch and dinner are all very good.
The executive lounge is also providing very good food and the service is absolute outstanding.
The location is near a lot of good shopping places.

Room Tip: If there is a special offer available its a good idea to go for an executive room with lounge access...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear UweJens P

I am very pleased to read your review. Thank you for recognizing the food quality across the JW Marriott Bangkok, including the buffets, the Lounge and the New York Steakhouse.

Your comments are important to us, being well traveled and a Senior Reviewer to this forum.

Thank you for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok to fellow readers. It would be nice to welcome you back soon again. Very best regards.

JW Marriott Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I was here for the OSAC conference and during my stay there was a protest going around in Bangkok which is close to JW Marriott Bangkok. The security team called Loss Prevention led by K. Abhisit/Director of LP (not a former Thai PM) and his team performed a very good job, I will not mention their operations but I can say that it was really professional and they were very friendly. I got a sense of maximum security. More over I went to buy a gift for my lover and I forgot to have it wrapped. Mr. Prakan N./Asst. Front Office Manager offered to have it wrap at one of the Marriott's gift shop, at first I was not so sure and was thinking that the paper wrapper is going to have Marriott's Logo. I was surprise it was not. It looks very luxury and when I asked for the bill the Gift Shop attendant Ms. Kornchawan and her friend told me that it was complimentary. This is priceless and something that really really impress me the most it was the excellent service provided by all the operation staffs. I will definitely recommend and will be back again since the location of the hotel located right in the heart of Bangkok. Please note that I did not stay at JW Marriott Bangkok due to last minute call. But next trip I will come and explore deeper is because when I left Marriott I left with a big smile. Thank you for all you did.

Kindest regards,

Ahmad

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear jktryder

Thank you so much for posting a review about the JW Marriott Bangkok although you haven't stayed at the hotel during last week's OSAC conference which took place here.

It is very gratifying to hear that you felt secure during the hours the conference took place and that you observed a well-functioning security department - or loss prevention as we call it.

I am glad to see that the associates at the Front Desk and Gift Shop went the extra mile getting the gift wrapped which you have purchased outside the hotel.

It would indeed be nice to have you staying at the JW Marriott Bangkok the next time you are in town. Very best regards.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had an incredible stay at the JW Marriott in Bangkok. The location was great and the service was fantastic. The Executive Lounge was by far the highlight of my hotel experience. The lounge, located on the 16th floor, had an awesome breakfast every morning and a wide arrangement of delicious foods throughout the day. The evening happy hour served several amazing dishes with an extensive open-bar. The best part of the lounge experience was the service. After my first visit, all the employees in the lounge knew me by name and made me feel comfortable and at home. I have stayed at many hotels around the world and have never experienced the quality and service provided at the executive lounge at the JW in Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark D

How nice to read your review, including the good words and recommendations you have made about the Executive Lounge.

The associates of the Lounge have received many accolades for the service levels they provide. Recognizing guests by name is just one of the attributes. Taking care of guests is what we are all about and I am happy that you have just added your voice to the readers of this forum.

Thank you for taking time and trouble to write and looking forward to have you back with us soon again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The location is ideally located on Sukhumvit Road between two BTS stations (Ploenchit and Nana). The staff provides exceptional service and will make your stay a special one. Executive level access is strongly recommended; complimentary internet access, morning breakfast and evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvres comes with this package.

Room Tip: Executive Level
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear wlbdss1

I like to thank you for your short and informative review and for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok as the place to stay here in Bangkok.

Your review is indeed very meaningful to us as it comes from a Senior Contributor to this forum.

I look much forward to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Bangkok soon again. In the meantime I remain with best regards.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My 70 year old parents stayed in numerous hotels during their holiday in Thailand. Many were wonderful. But the JW Marriott really does deserve recognition for their kind, caring and sincere service. The staff were all so polite, charming, helpful and reactive to anything that was asked of them. They really did shine above the rest, even though other hotels also provided a great service. JW Marriott were the best. Beds were very comfortable and the best of all the hotels. All the time we felt looked after and a home from home. Great security system. The whole experience was exemplary. Deputy Manager is one of the most charming, considerate and helpful ever, reception staff lovely and the executive lounge staff wonderful too. Door men, security, luggage carriers....all deserve recognition and great praise for their sincerity and desire to help the guest with smiles. I could not fault it at all. My parents loved it and I thank JW Marriott staff for all they did. You felt a genuine sincerity in all of them in their desire to help and show interest in the guests. Saying goodbye, talking about themselves and their lives. As a business owner I commend them all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tosca481965

I am thrilled to read your review. Thank you for recognizing the associates of the JW Marriott Bangkok for the services they have provided during your recent stay together with your parents.

Nothing makes them happier than being recognized for their efforts and for taking care of the guests. They all know that happy guests will return again and again, at the same time recommending the hotel to fellow readers as you have just done.

I look much forward to welcome you back again in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime I send you my very best regards.

Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We spent 5 days in Bangkok at the JW. The location is ideal (close to express way, shopping, and the BTS.) The check-in was a breeze. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. When we left the hotel, the staff gave us a hotel card with phone numbers and address of the JW in the event we became lost. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. There is limited storage if you completely unpack your luggage. The pool is an oasis in the middle of Bangkok after a day of sightseeing. The protests do not affect the JW. We traveled via taxi and BTS to the various sights without problems.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike H

Thank you for an informative review about your recent stay here at the JW Marriott Bangkok. I am thrilled to read that you liked the service provisions, the comfort of the room and the bed, the pool and most importantly, the hotel location.

The JW Marriott Bangkok has always been accessible during the last couple of weeks whilst demonstrations went on in the city, be it from the Airport or from within town. Taking the BTS (Sky Train) is indeed the best option.

It would be great to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

A wonderful place. Worth every penny!

We decided to treat ourselves to a stay here before our 20 hour flight home.

Beautiful spacious rooms, awesome bathroom and wonderful Beds!

The pool is beautiful, my only complaint is , maybe a toilet outside, so customers with children don't have to walk inside the freezing cold spa and use those restrooms.

The Breakfast buffet was the nicest presentation I've seen since our stay at Phuket JW.

I've stayed at other JW's in Costa Rica and in the United States.
But I have to say, they don't even hold a torch next to Thailand's standards mad quality.

This will be my special Oasis when I travel to Thailand again.

I will also recommend walking out side and eating at the food stands in Sukhumvit district.

We also wanted to stay with in the block because of the riots.

Very safe and FUN with kids!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Akthaigirl

I am thrilled to read that your family and you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for recommending the hotel as a safe place, at the same time appreciating the spacious rooms and bathrooms as well as the pool area.

I particularly like your comment about the "mad quality" you have experienced at both, the JW Marriott Phuket and the JW Marriott Bangkok, a really nice accolade to the hospitable nature of Thai people.