“Pleasant executive lunge”

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #23 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The executive lounge at this hotel provided pleasant environment all the time. The waitress always looks happy, ready to chat with you , and exhibit natural Thai smiling which warms your heart ,and let you get back a little bit from what you have lost from your hard work. The manager of the lounge has a easy-remember name ( One) . I will say this is probably the number one executive lunge in the world , due to her leadership.

Room Tip: To find the hair dryer in the room , will need a little bit treasure-hunting interested minds. It is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear 568like

It is with much pleasure to read your review. Thank you for recognizing the Team at the Executive Lounge under the leadership of Khun One.

I agree that the Team on the 16th floor does an excellent job when taking care of their guests day in and day out and I like to thank you for adding your voice as a Senior Reviewer to this forum.

It would be nice to welcome you back soon again to the JW Marriott Bangkok. In the meantime I am sending you my very best regards.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 7 days at the JW and enjoyed my stay. The gym and free classes offered is great! Enjoyed them very much and pool is nice. The Spa is amazing, loved it!! You want to get pampered go to the Spa. The Bangkok Bakery located in the back of the main dining area is awesome! Great value and food. The pizza, coffee and jam filled cookies sooo great! The menu has Thai and other selections.

I would not recommend the brunch/buffet, it looks like Thanksgiving dinner but for 60 USD I was not impressed at all. This is located at the main dining area everyday and I would just ask to see a menu and select from there.

I enjoyed my stay overall and location is close to the sky train which was helpful and you can walk outside be right in the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Becst8

I like to thank you for your review and for taking time and trouble to share your recent experience here at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

I have noted that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities at the Pool, the Gym and the Spa and I am happy to read your comments about the Bangkok Baking Company where you found the food selection and the food quality to be outstanding.

It is with regret to learn about your impression of the Brunch Buffet at the Coffee Shop and I hasten to apologize if we fell short of your expectation. We will take your comments as an opportunity to review the food offerings for a buffet which mostly gets very good reviews and ratings in the social media.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott as the place to stay here in town and looking much forward to welcome you back soon again.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in Bangkok, look no farther, go the JW Marriott Hotel. You will be spoiled rotten!
I have been coming to Bangkok for the last 5 years for business. Stayed at Shangri La the first two times, changed to JW Marriott and, that was it. I was hooked!
The JW Marriott is a five star hotel, strategically located with close proximity to shopping, entertainment, sky train, restaurants, and all within walking distance. Don’t get me wrong, Shangri La is a very nice hotel, perhaps in a higher category with spectacular views of the river, and fabulous rooms, and service.
But, what attracted me to the JW Marriott, Bangkok is its people and amenities. They could not have picked better staff. I happen to be a Marriott Platinum member with access to the Executive lounge where I spend a good portion of my time before and after work and got to know many if not all of the cooks, wait staff, and the shift supervisors. What I’ve noticed since I have been coming out here is the fact that they have very slow turnover. And boy, do they remember your name and I mean everyone you encounter form the time you get into the hotel until you leave. It is truly impressive!
This might sound a little cheesy, but honestly speaking, it feels like a second home to me, when I come back to Bangkok. This is perhaps my 10th time here (I’ve lost count) and the staff do their best to make you feel very special and welcomed whenever they have the opportunity to show their warm welcome and gratitude for being their guest.
Speaking of the Executive Lounge (on the 16th floor), being a Platinum member, I have been around the Marriott hotels for a while and have stayed at many of them around the globe, without a doubt, this indeed is my favorite one. It is a standard-setter for me.
The food is exquisite (during breakfast and the happy hour) and changes every day of the week. My favorite is Saturday when they have the Burger sliders as the main course (they taste like Kobe beef), truly amazing. Did I mention that they have an open bar during happy hour? Yes they do, with good selection of wine, beer, and cocktails.
I also enjoy the gym and spa on the 6th floor. Great and sophisticated gym equipment to start the day, and a spa to die for with sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi to unwind and finish the day!
All in all, I’m a very happy and satisfied customer and truly feel content and welcomed here. I have been wanting to write a feedback on my stay here and never got around it, but now I really feel the need to share with you all this secret!
My sincere thanks and gratitude to the following individuals that truly made my stay fun, special and satisfying:
Meow, Wan, Pooky, Babe, Elle, Orn, Apple, Aum, Kitty, Palm, Taew, Paan, Japan, Lip, Tan, Kae, Neng, Tang, and Ging.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mo B

I am indeed thrilled to read your enthusiastic review and I like to thank you very much for giving the team at the JW Marriott Bangkok such a good rating.

It is with much pleasure to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the facilities, including the Gym, the Executive Lounge and above all, the service levels.

Nothing makes us happier than receiving an acknowledgement of a loyal Marriott Customer that all went well and that you have appreciated the care you have received during your stay. Thank you for mentioning so many of the Associates by name. They will all be exited to read your review.

On a personal level I like to thank you for your loyalty, being Marriott Platinum member. I much appreciate that you have made the JW Marriott Bangkok your favorite place to stay when in town.

I look very much forward to welcome you back soon again and I remain with very best regards.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and the service was amazing!! The location of the hotel was excellent. It was close to the BTS station which meant travel was nice and easy. Opposite the hotel were many coffee shops and cake shops. We can't comment on the spa, gym or restuarant/bar, but the room service breakfast was excellent. We booked. A few excursions through the hotel and it was seamless.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank V_roks

Dear V_roks

I like to thank you for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok for its central location to readers of this forum.

It is with much pleasure to read that you have liked the room service breakfast and that you enjoyed the tours you booked at the hotel.

All the team would be happy to welcome you back again soon, should your travel schedule bring you back to Bangkok.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is not the newest property but the location is fairly convenient.

Plus:
★ All service within ground floor is very good. From the reception, concierge and even the restaurant. I especially want to mention the Chief Concierge, he is a very skillful hotelier and I can see that he enjoyed his job very much. He is good at giving you advice, help you to make booking for all local places...and he is a very genuine gentleman.

The restaurant service is good as well with good attention to details.

Improvements

× room is relatively vintage. The were tiles piling off in the bathroom shower which is quite dangerous. When we complained to the Receptionist, they just find someone to fix the toilet without giving us an apology.

× the gym receptionist was very rude without giving full instructions on where to get keys for the changing room lockers and the usage of facilities. She just kept staring at you but did nothing to help.

× strange call from the reception to check my satisfaction of the room righr after check in. Below are the conversations:

Staff: "just wondering how do you like the room"

Me: "yes it's fine"

Staff: "really, I thought you requested for an upgrade"

Me: "no all I asked for was avoiding rooms located at the corner, since I know those rooms are newer rennovated"

Staff: "so you are ok right? No need to upgrade?"

Me: "if you were intended to give me an upgarde should it be done when check in? Are you telling me that you will give me an upgrage now if I said I don't satisfy with the room?"

Staff: "no not really"

.......

I really don't k ow whether they have received any training on checking customer satisfaction.

Overall, if JW wants to remain its supreme name as a five star hotel, they need to work hard on their consistency and to surprise the customers and be more able to anticipate customers' needs.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank True_Hotelier
Jean-David S, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear True_Hotelier,

thank you very much for your detailed review of the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the level of our service throughout the Hotel and particularly the professionalism and enthusiasm of our Chief Concierge. I am sure that Khun Panu will be delighted to read your compliments!

On another side, we have also taken good notes of your improvement recommendations.

The tiles in the bathroom have been replaced by our engineering team and we have instructed our housekeeping team to be more careful when inspecting the room before releasing it for our guests. I do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and an apology should have been extended to you on the spot by our Duty Manager.

As for the gym receptionist's attitude and the rather unprofessional call following your check-in, I can simply reiterate my apologies as both kind of cases should never have happened. The heads of these departments have been notified, and they will reinforce training on these specific topics.

Hoping you will again choose to stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok during your next visit, we thank you for staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Jean-David Spira
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed a couple of days at JW Marriott Bangkok for business. I was staying in a standard room at the club floor. Overall, the hotel was extremely comfortable in every aspect and delivered an excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Xavier L

Dear Anhangabau

I like to thank you for recommending the hotel as a comfortable place to stay, providing excellent customer service.

I much appreciated that you have chosen the JW Marriott Bangkok as the place to stay when on business in town.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon again, I remain with best regards.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Sadly we only had our last night here before flying home but we wished it could have been longer! From start to finish the customer care was excellent. We upgraded to a suite as quite reasonable to do so and it was lovely. We loved the executive lounge for drinks, snacks and breakfast - all staff there were fantastic.

The leisure facilities were amazing. Very relaxing and we were told we could use them even after our check out as we had a late flight. After storing our luggage we were able to lie by the pool and relax! The showers are great and changing room equipped with hair dryers etc so great for getting ready for your flight also!

I would love to stay here again but for a bit longer this time. It is in a great area - very handy for bars, restaurants and shopping. Train station only a short walk away and with one change connects to the train to airport.

Thank you again JW Marriot for your excellent customer service and attention to detail. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: High floor for great views. Worth upgrading to use executive lounge which has free food and drinks...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple