“Excellent hotel with fantastic staff”

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #26 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for a week in July 2014.

We were fortunate enough to have an executive level room with executive lounge access.

The rooms were spacious, modern, clean and comfortable with a great view over the city and the Nana District.

The location of the hotel is very convenient, and only a short walk to the BTS Skytrain Station. Nana District is also one block away, so there is an abundance of stalls nearby. Shopping malls are only 2 stops away on the Skytrain.

The highlight for us though was the staff. Their welcoming manner every morning and evening in the lounge was fantastic. They went out of their way to have a chat to us about how our day was and also recommend things for us to do. A special mention goes to Taew, Tan, Ging, Aphinya, Lip and Wan.

Thankyou for the fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Executive levels are very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter C, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Brizzz

I am very happy to read your review. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with fellow travelers.

I noted that you recommend the JW Marriott Bangkok for location, spacious rooms and service excellence throughout the hotel and I much appreciate the fine words you have for the associates of the hotel, including the team at the Executive Lounge.

Each associate knows that taking care of guests is important as happy guests will return again and again. Your words are very meaningful to everyone at the JW Marriott Bangkok, being a Top Contributor to this forum.

I look much forward to welcome you back. Best regards

JW Marriott Bangkok

Write a ReviewReviews (2,948)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My team and I always find the staff and management here at the JW a cut above the rest. They always go one step above to make their guests feel at home. Take breakfast for example, Metta and her crew can speak over a dozen languages between them and will have your breakfast order memorized by the second day. Whether staying or conducting business in Bangkok the JW is top notch!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Madmax32566

Thank you for your review and for taking time and trouble to share your experience when staying at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Nothing makes us happier than an acknowledgment from a frequent and loyal guest like your good self that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay and the service levels across the hotel, particularly at the Executive Lounge.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Bangkok as the place to stay for you and your Team and looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The executive lounge at this hotel provided pleasant environment all the time. The waitress always looks happy, ready to chat with you , and exhibit natural Thai smiling which warms your heart ,and let you get back a little bit from what you have lost from your hard work. The manager of the lounge has a easy-remember name ( One) . I will say this is probably the number one executive lunge in the world , due to her leadership.

Room Tip: To find the hair dryer in the room , will need a little bit treasure-hunting interested minds. It is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear 568like

It is with much pleasure to read your review. Thank you for recognizing the Team at the Executive Lounge under the leadership of Khun One.

I agree that the Team on the 16th floor does an excellent job when taking care of their guests day in and day out and I like to thank you for adding your voice as a Senior Reviewer to this forum.

It would be nice to welcome you back soon again to the JW Marriott Bangkok. In the meantime I am sending you my very best regards.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 7 days at the JW and enjoyed my stay. The gym and free classes offered is great! Enjoyed them very much and pool is nice. The Spa is amazing, loved it!! You want to get pampered go to the Spa. The Bangkok Bakery located in the back of the main dining area is awesome! Great value and food. The pizza, coffee and jam filled cookies sooo great! The menu has Thai and other selections.

I would not recommend the brunch/buffet, it looks like Thanksgiving dinner but for 60 USD I was not impressed at all. This is located at the main dining area everyday and I would just ask to see a menu and select from there.

I enjoyed my stay overall and location is close to the sky train which was helpful and you can walk outside be right in the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Becst8

I like to thank you for your review and for taking time and trouble to share your recent experience here at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

I have noted that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities at the Pool, the Gym and the Spa and I am happy to read your comments about the Bangkok Baking Company where you found the food selection and the food quality to be outstanding.

It is with regret to learn about your impression of the Brunch Buffet at the Coffee Shop and I hasten to apologize if we fell short of your expectation. We will take your comments as an opportunity to review the food offerings for a buffet which mostly gets very good reviews and ratings in the social media.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott as the place to stay here in town and looking much forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in Bangkok, look no farther, go the JW Marriott Hotel. You will be spoiled rotten!
I have been coming to Bangkok for the last 5 years for business. Stayed at Shangri La the first two times, changed to JW Marriott and, that was it. I was hooked!
The JW Marriott is a five star hotel, strategically located with close proximity to shopping, entertainment, sky train, restaurants, and all within walking distance. Don’t get me wrong, Shangri La is a very nice hotel, perhaps in a higher category with spectacular views of the river, and fabulous rooms, and service.
But, what attracted me to the JW Marriott, Bangkok is its people and amenities. They could not have picked better staff. I happen to be a Marriott Platinum member with access to the Executive lounge where I spend a good portion of my time before and after work and got to know many if not all of the cooks, wait staff, and the shift supervisors. What I’ve noticed since I have been coming out here is the fact that they have very slow turnover. And boy, do they remember your name and I mean everyone you encounter form the time you get into the hotel until you leave. It is truly impressive!
This might sound a little cheesy, but honestly speaking, it feels like a second home to me, when I come back to Bangkok. This is perhaps my 10th time here (I’ve lost count) and the staff do their best to make you feel very special and welcomed whenever they have the opportunity to show their warm welcome and gratitude for being their guest.
Speaking of the Executive Lounge (on the 16th floor), being a Platinum member, I have been around the Marriott hotels for a while and have stayed at many of them around the globe, without a doubt, this indeed is my favorite one. It is a standard-setter for me.
The food is exquisite (during breakfast and the happy hour) and changes every day of the week. My favorite is Saturday when they have the Burger sliders as the main course (they taste like Kobe beef), truly amazing. Did I mention that they have an open bar during happy hour? Yes they do, with good selection of wine, beer, and cocktails.
I also enjoy the gym and spa on the 6th floor. Great and sophisticated gym equipment to start the day, and a spa to die for with sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi to unwind and finish the day!
All in all, I’m a very happy and satisfied customer and truly feel content and welcomed here. I have been wanting to write a feedback on my stay here and never got around it, but now I really feel the need to share with you all this secret!
My sincere thanks and gratitude to the following individuals that truly made my stay fun, special and satisfying:
Meow, Wan, Pooky, Babe, Elle, Orn, Apple, Aum, Kitty, Palm, Taew, Paan, Japan, Lip, Tan, Kae, Neng, Tang, and Ging.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mo B

I am indeed thrilled to read your enthusiastic review and I like to thank you very much for giving the team at the JW Marriott Bangkok such a good rating.

It is with much pleasure to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the facilities, including the Gym, the Executive Lounge and above all, the service levels.

Nothing makes us happier than receiving an acknowledgement of a loyal Marriott Customer that all went well and that you have appreciated the care you have received during your stay. Thank you for mentioning so many of the Associates by name. They will all be exited to read your review.

On a personal level I like to thank you for your loyalty, being Marriott Platinum member. I much appreciate that you have made the JW Marriott Bangkok your favorite place to stay when in town.

I look very much forward to welcome you back soon again and I remain with very best regards.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and the service was amazing!! The location of the hotel was excellent. It was close to the BTS station which meant travel was nice and easy. Opposite the hotel were many coffee shops and cake shops. We can't comment on the spa, gym or restuarant/bar, but the room service breakfast was excellent. We booked. A few excursions through the hotel and it was seamless.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank V_roks

Dear V_roks

I like to thank you for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok for its central location to readers of this forum.

It is with much pleasure to read that you have liked the room service breakfast and that you enjoyed the tours you booked at the hotel.

All the team would be happy to welcome you back again soon, should your travel schedule bring you back to Bangkok.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is not the newest property but the location is fairly convenient.

Plus:
★ All service within ground floor is very good. From the reception, concierge and even the restaurant. I especially want to mention the Chief Concierge, he is a very skillful hotelier and I can see that he enjoyed his job very much. He is good at giving you advice, help you to make booking for all local places...and he is a very genuine gentleman.

The restaurant service is good as well with good attention to details.

Improvements

× room is relatively vintage. The were tiles piling off in the bathroom shower which is quite dangerous. When we complained to the Receptionist, they just find someone to fix the toilet without giving us an apology.

× the gym receptionist was very rude without giving full instructions on where to get keys for the changing room lockers and the usage of facilities. She just kept staring at you but did nothing to help.

× strange call from the reception to check my satisfaction of the room righr after check in. Below are the conversations:

Staff: "just wondering how do you like the room"

Me: "yes it's fine"

Staff: "really, I thought you requested for an upgrade"

Me: "no all I asked for was avoiding rooms located at the corner, since I know those rooms are newer rennovated"

Staff: "so you are ok right? No need to upgrade?"

Me: "if you were intended to give me an upgarde should it be done when check in? Are you telling me that you will give me an upgrage now if I said I don't satisfy with the room?"

Staff: "no not really"

.......

I really don't k ow whether they have received any training on checking customer satisfaction.

Overall, if JW wants to remain its supreme name as a five star hotel, they need to work hard on their consistency and to surprise the customers and be more able to anticipate customers' needs.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank True_Hotelier
Jean-David S, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear True_Hotelier,

thank you very much for your detailed review of the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the level of our service throughout the Hotel and particularly the professionalism and enthusiasm of our Chief Concierge. I am sure that Khun Panu will be delighted to read your compliments!

On another side, we have also taken good notes of your improvement recommendations.

The tiles in the bathroom have been replaced by our engineering team and we have instructed our housekeeping team to be more careful when inspecting the room before releasing it for our guests. I do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and an apology should have been extended to you on the spot by our Duty Manager.

As for the gym receptionist's attitude and the rather unprofessional call following your check-in, I can simply reiterate my apologies as both kind of cases should never have happened. The heads of these departments have been notified, and they will reinforce training on these specific topics.

Hoping you will again choose to stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok during your next visit, we thank you for staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Warmest regards,