“Grim...”

Ranked #92 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Grim...”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have stayed at and reviewed this hotel before - I was contacted by the management and assured that the issues with air-con had been resolved and on being offered a really great rate for a G Suite rather stupidly took them at their word and returned. The temperature hadn't improved at all sadly and I felt like a fool for believing the Manager. I was then horribly insulted by one of the staff members (a word to the wise: if you're not super-model thin I would think twice about staying here - apparently the staff collectively believe it is ok to crack jokes about weight... I don't know many women who react well to this, do you??!! It utterly ruined my holiday - I would have hidden in the room for the rest of our stay had it not been like a sauna). I think this place does loads of coach tour trade - it feels like the sort of hotel that is trying to be something it just isn't. Suffice to say we will not return and would advise you to stay elsewhere for oh-so-many reasons.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Catherine J
DanPullmanG, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Catherine J,

Following our discussion on your departure day, the team and I would like to apologize again should there be any misunderstandings. The hotel team always tends to be friendly in order to relax and bond with the hotel guests.

I am very disappointed you did not enjoy your second stay with us but must say that the team and I will work to improve the services in order to avoid any misunderstandings in the future.

I remain at your disposal should you need anything,

I wish you a good day ahead,

Dan Benzaquen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently for work function - facilities nice, cool room design, breakfast good but had to queue to wait for a breakfast table one morning - slightly annoying but not a big deal.

My overall impression of the hotel was good... until we stepped out of the front door and were ushered into a cab with a by a staff member. I previously lived in Bangkok for 2 years, so I know Silom is notorious for taxi crooks. However, other hotels manage it better for their guests - i.e. Not allowing staff to take tips from taxis to stop, writing a chit with the taxi info for guests (this makes driver less likely to rip you off as you have his details), ensuring the meter is on when the customer is in the car. This was my last impression of service from the hotel - disappointed to leave on a bad note.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Travelernyc168
Dear Travelernyc168,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor, I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you had whilst getting a taxi in front of the hotel.
I was very concerned when reading your review as it is our aim to ensure our guest's enjoy their stay throughout their time with us. The measures you have mentioned on your review have been implemented some time ago in order to reinforce the security and transparency of our team to ensure we only get proper taxi meters. However, as you may know, we unfortunately have situations where sometimes the taxi driver agrees on putting the meter with our bellboys but then tries to negotiate with the guest once the door is closed.

Once again Travelernyc168, our sincere apologize for this inconvenience and I can assure you that proper action and follow up has been taken to stop this from happening.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Wishing you a great day ahead,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I are currently staying here again! We check out today though which is a shame, as yet again, this hotel has been of its usual excellent standard.

The first thing that hits you whenever you enter the lobby is the sense of calm and the amazing style of the hotel. Next the delightful coolness of the air con finds you, and the staff all welcome you in with such sincerity and warmth.

Breakfast in Mistral is great. A fantastic selection of local and international foods that set you up nicely for a day of exploring this busy city. The Playground bar is quirky and cool, and perfect to round off your evening.

We have again chosen to stay in an executive room which means access to the exec lounge on level 27. A great choice and well worth the extra money. We were served by a lovely young man named X in the lounge who was keen to offer advise on where we should explore next, and wanted to know all about our trip. Thanks for looking after us X!

I'm not sure when we will next be in Bangkok, but this is the only hotel we will stay in, as its a sure way to enjoy our time here. Location is perfect and minutes walk from Chong Nonsi station. It's in the heart of the action, but the hotel is so relaxing.

Thanks to all here for making this stay perfect as always!

Carla & Jack

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Carla Strong,

A warm welcome back to Pullman Bangkok hotel G.

Thank you for taking time to share your excellent experience with us.

We are grateful to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day. We are also pleased to know that you’ve enjoyed the courteous service of our staff and that you find the location of our hotel very convenient.

Your appreciation on the service provided by Mr. X is well noted. Mr X felt honour to have been mentioned in your review.

The feedback and reviews provided by you has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed their enthusiasm and zest for the job.

I thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Dan Benzaquen, Mr.
Resident Manager
Brussels
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel made my first Bangkok trip wonderful. The staff was the most professional and friendly of my whole thailand trip. The lobby is cool, fresh and modern, and no question is too much for the staff. The room was impeccable, with a stunning city view, and great beds. Small but good gym, great pool area with bar. They have one of the best Bangkok restaurants on the rooftop, and also a good snack & burger place on the ground floor. And situated on Silom Road : perfect start for city visits. In short : do not hesitate to book this hotel !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JanMussche72,

We thank you for the positive review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear how happy our guests are when they stay with us.

We are pleased that you’ve appreciated the friendliness of our staffs, our overall design of the hotel and have enjoyed the comfort of our rooms. We are also delighted to learn that you have appreciated the great connectivity of our hotel location for visiting around the city and our restaurants both at 25 Degrees and Scarlett.

Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the rest of my team, who are excited about having the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Dan Benzaquen, Mr.
Resident Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Came across The Pullman G Hotel on Silom Road that Splendia.com offered for less than US$150. I booked it for a night, location was decent about 10 mins walk from chong hong si BTS station. Service staff were good and very attentive and quick with your request. Room size was decent too but the following weren't. The all white room interior was a nice concept if you have the budget to execute it correctly but from the details is noticed the owners really were cutting corners. To maintain the all white look, the switches were painted over which was nasty and made it look cheap. To have a wooden "destressed" look it made the floors look really dirty. Some basic bathroom amenities were not available as i had to request for toothbrush and shaver kit. The electronic safe was out of battery, bathrobes i thought were too thick for Bangkok's weather. The aircon temperature was kept at 27c which was a tad warm. The TV channels listing was in correct. Its the details that were not maintained. I have stayed at another Pullman hotel in Jakarta and i felt the brand is abit confused as to how they want to be positioned. Both hotels had different offerings in terms of standards. I had a breakfast meeting at the restaurant, the buffet spread was acceptable. They had an interesting bakery at the lobby which was managed by Playhound (part of the Greyhound group) did not try the pastries but looks good though. The gym and pool area is small but you should be able to get a decent workout from it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank saxonewoon
Dear saxonewoon,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. As mentioned on my correspondence to you, I have requested our Director of Engineering to ensure the finishing of the room you stayed in were properly done. We always thrive to enhance our services and are happy to be guided by our guests when we have some shortcomings.

I was very happy to read that you found the new concept of Playground bakery good. The outlet is actually directly managed by us and all bakeries are home made.

I hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Bangkok and wish you a good day ahead,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Pullman G in Bangkok. I was there with friends and we stayed in the Exec floor, each of us in different rooms. Looking at the luxury of the hotel, you'd expect to have breakfast included in the package, however I was very disappointed when I realised there is no breakfast included - even if you stay in one of their executive rooms. Also, as many others have suggested, the pool in the hotel is rather small, especially for the number of rooms they have within the hotel. If you are visiting Bangkok but want to chill out by the pool most of the time, then you will not enjoy this hotel. However if you want to go out, be close to main attractions and party places, then definitely choose this hotel.

I am flying to Bangkok again this week and checking in on Tuesday to the executive room. I will make my mind up then to see if I am going to choose this hotel or not during my next visit.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear brightonem,

Thank you very much for your kind review, We are always happy to see that our guests enjoy their stays with us as our teams always try to please any guest coming to the hotel.

Concerning the fact that your rate did not include breakfast, we have two types of rates, some with and some without breakfast, the reason why hotels in Bangkok do this is because many of the guests coming to the city decide to take breakfast near the areas they will visit.

I hope that your second visit to the hotel was enjoyable and remain at your disposal should you need anything.

I wish you a good day ahead,