Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
Asia Airport Hotel(Lam Luk Ka)
  • Pool
3,203 results
All reviewsan early flightair asiadomestic flighthenry j beanscovered walkwayone nightthe free shuttle busbetween flightsnext morningsky bridgeovernight staypool viewlate arrivalshort stayrooms are largechecking outconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here last night simply because we had a very early flight to catch this morning and needed the closest location to the airport as possible.
It was very handy to have a walkway connecting the hotel to the airport and once we arrived in the reception our bags were immediately taken off us by the concierge(nice touch)
Check in was very slow , there was not a large volume of people checking in so I think this could be revised as im sure most guests who will be staying here have just come off a flight and time effectiveness should be key when checking in.
Our room was on the 4th floor and as the hotel is on such a huge scale it was a very long walk along the winding corridors to find it.
But the room itself was very spacious and had everything we needed for an overnight stay.
The bed is particularly comfortable!
We were able to check out at 4am this morning which was very easy and helpful that there is a 24hr reception.
Overall the hotel was adequate for a night considering we were catching an early flight but it is nothing special .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great for a comfy bed the night before an early flight, but not a lot else. The rooms are great- a massive double bed, big tv, desk, plenty of wardrobe space and a loud alarm clock.
Unfortunately, the rest is not so good. At the swimming pool I noticed rats running across the path and when I tried to visit the 'fitness centre' I found a tiny, hot gym with broken and poorly maintained machines, a padlocked sauna, dark changing room and a water-less spa pool.
Slight hiccup at check in- I booked a double and was given a twin, and apparently there were no spare doubles till the next night, so wasn't too impressed, but the double was good when I got it.
Location is great for the airport- it's actually attached to the airport building with a walkway, but a bit of a pain to get downtown- you need to take the A1 or 29 bus from the airport to mochit (the first sky train terminal station) for THB 30 then take the sky train from there (around THB 40).
The restaurant was nice but expensive- I'd eat in the airport instead.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just stayed a night here and found the hotel to be a good, comfortable choice. The room rates are a lot cheaper these days than when it was THE Bangkok airport hotel. Building the new airport must have hit this hotel hard, but it's done well to reinvent itself as an airport hotel for those using the budget airlines given back to Don Muang. The upkeep over the time has been very good.
Check in was swift and easy for us and our room was very nice and quiet. A bed that affords good rest and a decent sized bathroom are most welcome.
In front of the hotel stands a cow, all alone. This is a curious statue and we asked the security guard about it, but he didn't know its origin. It's a good photo opportunity and would be even better if it could be given better maintenance and care.
We had a decent dinner in the hotel restaurant and of course, access to the airport is a breeze and so much easier than taking taxis for other hotels near the airport. We'll be staying here in a couple of weeks again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

In the last 6 months I have stayed in this hotel about 18 or 19 times. There is no separated line for frequent guests. Big groups always seems go first so as a business or family traveller you come last. Waiting times can be very long as there are only 3 receptionist at the busiest times of the day.

As a frequent guest I always want a Non-Smoking room with a double bed as on my profile but quite a few times I had been given a smoking room or a twin room. (obviously they do not care about there guest) After 10 stays Amari ONXY members will be upgrade to a Gold Card. I still have a Silver one after 19 stays because points are never credited. I have asked to be credited 4 times and the hotel have been very apologetic about their mistake and did credited my missing points but for the next stays the problem was exactly the same! It really seems that no-one really cares if you or I choose to stay here or at an other hotel nearby! Maybe their is a vacancy for a General Manager at the moment but still every guest deserves respect.

The staff at the breakfast restaurant and lobby bar are very nice as they know me by now and they welcome me back but for how long can I take bad customer service? I have a choice and I also have given Amari many many changes to make it up but they never have been good in keeping there promises! Maybe this particular Amari Don Muang needs a change of Management as the management is the ONLY one who can change these consistent guest problems.

My advice is Stay Away from Amari Don Muang until further notice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vaporiser
MontichaR, Manager at Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Vaporiser,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your last stay at the Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok. We really do appreciate your ongoing loyalty despite all these shortcomings you are experience and it’s at least good to see our staff are treating as you should be treated – a loyal guest.

It is however bitterly disappointing to learn about issues regarding your room preferences as well as the issues with ONYX Rewards. There does seem to be a bottleneck when it comes to crediting your points. Rest assured I have passed this on to the team to look into.

We would like to work with you towards resolving this issue to ensure it does not happen again. If you would be willing to help towards our continued improvement, please email us at reservations.donmuang@amari.com.

Thanks again for your loyalty and we certainly hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our property in the near future again.

Kind regards,
Management

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night between flights. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable but the hotel just feels outdated. Not many people use the swimming pool but the breakfast buffet was excellent. The hotel has a walkway that connects across the main road to Don Muang Airport and in fact one of the bell boys helped us with our luggage all the way to the check-in area at the airport! This was so nice and all of the staff we encountered were very well mannered and polite. I would stay here again if I needed to be in this area of Bangkok for any reason.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple