“Excellent Location”

Amari Boulevard Bangkok
Ranked #266 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Amari Boulevard for 3 nights whilst in Bangkok and aside from its excellent location in relation to amenities, shops, restaurants and BTS, the staff were very friendly and efficient. The only downside as mentioned in previous reviews was that given it's proximity to Sukhumvit Soi 3/1, the hotel was flooded with Middle Eastern men who dominated the entire lobby area for the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We were happy to read that you enjoyed our location. It is a known fact that we are in a location of Bangkok popular among guests from the Middle East. However you were most probably with us during the end of the holiday period which lasted until mid-September. As pointed out, there are many restaurants catering to the western taste also within a short walking distance, including Italian, Mexican, French, and of course Thai.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Medium meeting room is fine with standard equipment for meeting. However, hotel should provide more wifi for internet connection in meeting. My room did not have chain lock. Balcony lock does not strong. Then, I moved to stay in my friend's room. The hotel allowed me to check in at 6pm...very late for me. After meeting at late night, I found the problems of those 2 locks. However, the hotel position is very near sky train. People can visit interesting places along Bangkok without traffic jam. Moreover,food in the restaurant downstairs is excellence.

Room Tip: Check door lock before night time.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and your kind comments about the location and our restaurant.
I have duly noted your comments about the Wifi access in the meeting rooms for future enhancements. I was however most concerned about your comment in regards to the apparent absence of chain lock on your door, since this is installed in every room. We are unable to identify in which room your stayed based on this comment, but we have reviewed all of them based on your comment as indeed the door chain should not be missing. Note that in our deluxe rooms it is just a black button that one pushes on the door frame that enables the lock, not an apparent chain.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed three different times at the Amari Blvd and it meets a need for a safe and comfortable place to stay. It is near the international district of Suhkumviht and the train. The breakfast is a large selection and international flavours, and the swimming pool is satisfactory. The staff were always friendly. While the red shirt protests occurred on one trip, we were very secure even thought the streets were not for a few days. The managers did their very best to inform us of the situation and protect us from the issues going on around us. The art is outdated but the hotel does its best.

Room Tip: Non smoking and on the side opposite the bar, as well ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review, which I will share with the colleagues who were with us back in 2010 when the events you have described occured, and the feeling of safety to which they contributed in an uncertain situation at that time. It is very much appreciated that you still remember this over three years later, as well as your loyalty to the Amari Boulevard.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

although we stayed at amari pattaya, i expected same service at amari bangkok, i was stunned by their policies. although i had full payment in advanced they once again insisted on advabce while check in and when i ahd talked to receptionist . she repolied that although both are amari group , plolicies are different i was stunned by their answer. we were made to wait for 1.30 hrs to wait for check in(although it was early check in , but i had requetse dthis at time of booking itself) finally she gave me one room for four members , when i reached the room i saw tT EVEN OTHER ROOM WAS READY AND only after i insisted they gacve me another room. it wqs an unprofessional approach and really i felt like leaving the hotel immediately but as i was staying only for a day i adjusted. however the location of hotel overtakes all difficulties we had as we can go to any destination as nana station is quite near and there are lot of exchanges all round.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We were glad to read that you found our location to be convenient, but please accept our apologies if you felt that our service let you down compared to what you had experienced at the Amari Pattaya, especially the way your early check-in request was handled and this was communicated to you. As you may have noticed, the hotel is generally busy all year long and many guest arrive on flights landing early in the morning, but at the same time leaving late. As such we get several requests for early arrival at the same time, which we attempt to fullfill on a first come, first serve basis.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Before my travel to this Bangkok trip, I was very much confused with hotel selection as my travel had two different objectives – Holiday with Family with Kids & Medical Treatment of my mother. Therefore, I need to select a hotel which serves both of my objectives. And I can say that Amari Boulevard has satisfied my both needs.

I had select this hotel based on reading reviews of Trip Advisor, therefore, I am writing this review so that other readers might also get benefit from it.

Why I select this Hotel?

1.Only 10-15 minutes walking/Taxi distance to Bumrungrad International Hospital (We took my mother to this hospital for her medical treatment).

2.I was looking for a family friendly hotel at Sukhumvit. This hotel is at Soi 5, Sukhumvit and almost near to everything.

Why I loved this Hotel?

1. Breakfast: The breakfast of this hotel is in one word – Excellent. I did not count but I think almost more than 250+ items were on breakfast menu. As my mother is a kidney patient and has lot of restriction on food but she also find some foods to taste. There breakfast was served in the ground floor – Peppermill Restaurant. This restaurant is open from 5:00 AM – 11:00 AM which is very good range of time both for late risers (like me & my kids) or early risers (like my wife & my father).

2.Swimming Pool: There swimming pool was great placed at 6th Floor. Me and my kid enjoyed lot at pool and the use of swimming pool is FREE :P

3.Fresh Feel: In every corner of this hotel, you will get fresh smell of Mint. I think they use some sort of natural aromatic things to spread that fresh mint smell, but if you don’t like or allergic to mint smell, they you might feel some challenge.

4. Cleanliness: I felt the hotel is almost clean. Everyday, room service cleans the room one time and change all the stuffs including bathroom. The bathroom I found dry floor most of the time, I back to hotel from outside visit and the hot water worked perfectly.

5. Security: As I did not lose any thing from the hotel, therefore, I can consider that the hotel is safe. They have security iron locker where you can keep your valuable things. I kept my currency, passport and some camera lens there. But careful with kids, kids can lock your iron locker with wrong password and you have to suffer for that.

6. Friendly Stuffs: I found most of the stuffs are very friendly here, greeting you every time with Thai Helo – “Sawadika”. Moreover, they also helped me with some stuffs – on my trip one day, there was huge raining at night and they gave us four umbrellas (returnable) and another day, I asked them for a rope, they also managed that for me.

7. Location: This hotel is perfectly located at Sukhumvit Area. Just only 15-20 minutes walking or taxi ride to the Bumrungrad International Hospital. Taxi rent is 50 – 100 baht. Sky train service station is also close to this hotel (I did not use Sky train as I traveled with one patient and two small kids, therefore, I prefer Taxi over Sky Train and local Tuk-Tuk. Taxi is very cheap and convenient to use in Bangkok).

You can access most of shopping malls like MBK, Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, Robinson etc from this hotel by Taxi. All the street shopping at just down to this hotel. Another happening area in Sukhumvit is Soi 11 which is only 10 minutes to walk.

There is a MacDonald at the entrance to the Soi 5 just 1 minutes walking from hotel lobby. My elder kid loves MacDonald very much therefore it was great for me. There were also some Bangladeshi food resultants near to this hotel which saved my parents tummy.

There was a 24x7 shop for all your daily need and 7-eleven just 5 minutes walk. I have purchased my all mineral water bottles from that 24x7 shop (This hotel provides only two mineral water per room).

8. Travel Desk: There was a travel desk at the hotel lobby and there service is very good. We took River cruise and Siam Ocean world package from them.

9. Fast Check-out: It was just 5 minutes, believe me or not.

10. Free Wifi: I did not use this service but there may be a free wifi zone at hotel lobby as I have seen many others using there gadgets there.

Things to improvement for this hotel:
We were in room number 1117 & 1115. Both the rooms were connected internally. In room 1117, there was some water drop leakage from the ceiling due to Air con. I think the hotel should repair this issue.

Special Note:
During check in you have to deposit 2000 Baht as security deposit either by cash or credit card. If you damage any hotel property or pending bills, then they will adjust from that. We have paid around 500 Baht as International Call.

If you ask me, “Do I suggest this hotel to my Friends & Family or relatives”, the answer is YES.

This is indeed a good stay with Family and Kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your comprehensive point by point review of the Amari Boulevard based on your experience with us. This is much appreciated. I was happy to read that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and that our location could suit the needs of the different members of your family. Your points about the leak in the air-conditioning are well noted.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Located brilliantly on Soy 5 Sukhmvit road, Amari Boulevard is a great low cost option for staying in Bangkok. Most of the occupants will be Asian, especially Indian

Rooms are compact and decent. Bathrooms are okay.

Free wi-fi service at the lobby is a great add on. lot of eating and partying joints in the neighborhood. There are 24*7 stores nearby.

very close to Nana metro station.

A great choice again for a low cost option of accommodation

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We were happy to read that you were satisfied with the hotel, service and location.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have stayed many times at Amari Boulevard from 2006 - 2012. Shame on me for taking several years to give a review. The rooms, cleanliness, food was a definite sure deal but the service was by far excellent and they have maintained their consistency. When we checked in, we wanted to switch rooms so it took a little bit of time and we were greeted with free drinks and snacks during our wait. Their service of roses and champagne that we ordered as part of room service for our anniversary was one to remember. There is not a single thing that I can complain about Amari and I'm sure that we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for choosing us on the occasion of your anniversary based on previous stays at the Amari Boulevard. I was delighted to read that this was a memorable experience as well. I very much appreciate your loyalty and the fact you took the time to write this kind review.