“Good Hotel”

Amari Boulevard Bangkok
Ranked #246 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We've stayed at this hotel approx 5 times over the last 10 years..

It's just inside Soi 5 on the right hand side opposite Foodland Supermarket, 1 min from Nana Skytrain Station, outside the hotel towards the main road can get rather smelly but the area is generally safe to be honest the only hassle I get is from the Ladyboys trying to get my attention even with my wife next to me..

The hotel is very clean, never had a problem with insects or dirty sheets or noisy neighbours..

The pool area is my favourite of all the hotels I've stayed in Bangkok, you get the Sun as soon as it rises, no need to wait for the sun to appear from behind a building..

Breakfast very nice but same old same old, mostly wherever I've stayed in Thailand the breakfast is the same no matter which hotel it is..

We get all our water / snack supplies from the Foodland Supermarket opposite, one thing I like to do is to buy some lovely fruit from the cart sellers on the street and enjoy eating it sitting out by the pool..

I normally pay about £60 per night and I would say that this is a fair price for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review and mostly loyalty to the Amari Boulevard. We are glad to read you appreciate the service, facilities, and convenience of the location. In regards to the breakfast, we offer a variety to match tastes of different cultures. As such we would be happy to welcome more suggestions if you felt that this was a repetition of what you find elsewhere.
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Firstly let me say hotel itself is great, the location is great, its the people around the hotel and some people in the hotel that spoil the stay.

I felt i was in the middle east. Outside is full of shops with Arabic signs, inside hotel, full of guests speaking Arabic.

I am not racist, but wanted to experience Thailand.

Realize not hotels fault, just my taste

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cass P

Thank you for your review. The end of the year was a holiday season in the Gulf States, as such we had a high number of visitors from that area. Also, our surroundings are indeed popular with Middle-East travellers.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is my second stay at the Amari Boulevard Bangkok Hotel and that's because it doesn't fail to deliver a good stay. It is in a good location near the main road but far enough to avoid the noise. There really is nothing to complain about as it is mostly good. Don't expect and early check-in as this hotel is mostly fully booked but they will accommodate if someone checks out early. The breakfast is a average but I usually eat out anyways. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool at the back are the one's to go for
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Amari Boulevard and your room overlooking the pool (superior room). In regards to the breakfast we would be interested to know what you found was missing on the buffet as we have quite a wide spread of dishes on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you a Happy Festive Season.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was my first visit to Bangkok and I chose this hotel due to its closeness to the Bumrungrad Hospital and the facilities offered by the hotel. I booked two rooms for four nights and requested that rooms be ready for midday on the day of arrival, be non-smoking and, if possible, be adjoining rooms with interconnecting door. The general manager, Mr Frenkel, kindly confirmed by email all of the above requests and they were all totally met.
Cannot comment on the price in comparison to other local hotels but the facilities and service provided by Amari Boulevard are all extremely good. Staff were always courteous and extremely helpful. The rooms and bathrooms large - we booked the deluxe rooms - and extremely clean. Breakfasts were wonderful and catered for all dietary requirements.
Location wise the hotel was ideal - 5 minutes walk to the hospital. Lots of activity close by - shops and eating venues (street food) all good.
Mr. Frenkel met me on the day of departure to wish me a safe journey and the hotel car provided transport to the airport. A very good hotel which is very well managed.
Highly recommended.
Paul Gammond.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very good. I was on the 11th floor, rooms 1127 & 1129. Quiet rooms. Free Wifi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Mr Gammond

Thank you very much for your kind review. We were happy to know that we could be of assistance and that all could go smoothly during your short visit to Bangkok.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Amari.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

In the main arena of Bangkok city. Clean room and bathrooms. Good good service. We stayed for many days and liked the place much. Many many Indian restaurants close by and kabob restaurants with 24 hour grocery supermarket. Sky train is one are away close by from here. Wonderful city and wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We were delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in Bangkok.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Considering the price I paid I was a bit dissapointed. The location is good but I arrived at 9 am after a long flight from Europe and had to wait 2 hours for my room to be ready despite pre booking my room. While my room wasn't bad, I normally stay in a hotel in Bangkok for half the price and just couldn't see any differance comparing the rooms of the two hotels. I was the only person in the restaraunt when I gave it a try and found the meal over priced and dissapointing. I'll go back to the cheaper hotel next time as it's the same quality.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for your review further to your stay with us last June. I was sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. I can share your disappointment if after a long trip from Europe there was no room available upon your morning arrival. We are unable to identify whether by "pre-book" you meant pre-registered on the night before or not. If it was not the case, especially in June when the hotel is full it is challenging to have rooms available in the early morning.

We have also noted your comment regarding the restaurant for improvements.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Its in the heart of Bangkok city. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Very good service. We stayed for 2 days and liked the place a lot. There are a lot of Indian restaurants close by and a 24 hour supermarket. Sky train is just a block away from here. Pretty safe neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and kind comments about the hotel and the surroundings. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.