“Great hotel, fantastic service !”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #67 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Bangkok has in the recent past seen a number of new hotel developments, both by international brands as well as independent, challenging the existing hotel park to exceed and recreate themselves. Both the Amari Watergate Hotel as well as its excellent team manage to keep on top of their game, over and over again.The recent extended refurbishment of the property has only added in class and style to this well established property. Needless to say I would recommend it to both regular as well as novice in town to enjoy both a heaven of peace in the hustle and bustle as well as a unique city center location - but most of all, for the warm welcoming hospitality the whole team is sharing with every visitor.

Room Tip: the room floors starting on the 9 or tenth floor make it virtually impossible to get a noisy room. t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
SaurabhKukreja, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Christian_BigC_L,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and posting a great review about the hotel. It gives me great pride to share with you that it is due our team's sheer hard work and commitment towards our valued guests and then to this hotel that helps in making our establishment a reputed name in Bangkok. Your valued feedback not only helps us maintaining high standards of service but motivates our team to give their best every time, with every guest. I sincerely hope that we will see you and welcome you back to Amari Watergate hotel on your future visits.

Saurabh

Write a ReviewReviews (6,141)

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is the first time I had stayed in this hotel. The hotel is excellent. Very clean and spacious. The sheets are cleaned and furnishings are modern. The toilet amentities are sufficient for my hubby and I. The only thing is the is step down from the floor in the room to the toilet floor. It was quite a scare when we first encountered it.

The service is excellent as well. Checking in and out of the hotel was a breeze.

The hotel has a very good location with great shopping (just opposite the hotel) and eating places. Will definely be back when i visit Bangkok again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Havetotrythis,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at Amari Watergate. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel, its facilities and particularly the service from our team excellent. Although the step in the bathroom is signposted, I can imagine it can be a stumble if the sign is missed, I apologise for this inconvenience. We hope to welcome you and serve you again during your future visits to Bangkok. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I had two awesome stays at the Amari Watergate Bangkok recently. Prior to my first arrival, I had made arrangements with the hotel for their airport transfer service. I located the hotel representative easily at the airport and was promptly connected to the professionally dressed driver who skillfully navigated me to the hotel. The Amari Watergate reception staff was kind, courteous, and equally helpful. I was escorted to my room on the 26th floor. I was very pleased with the spacious, super-clean, and simply decorated, attractive room. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were to die for. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and professional in their daily routines. I was lucky to have both stay in different rooms on the 26th floor.

The daily breakfast was plentiful, varied, and very delicious. There were new foods to try frequently and I made sure to have the ones that I had not ever experienced before. I was not disappointed. We had drinks at the lobby and wonderful dinners at their Thai on 4 Restaurant. Lounging at the pool was quite relaxing and the Pool Bar staff was super attentive and very friendly. I had a most enjoyable Thai massage at their Breeze Spa.

The entire staff was exceptional in providing the best possible service to their clients. Special recognition has to go to Concierge Pui who was most attentive, hospitable, and gracious during our two stays. His professional manner/attitude and cordiality made our stay quite memorable. He had wonderful recommendations, always made us feel welcomed, and even escorted us to our departure cabs both times!

This is an exceptional hotel to be considered on your next trip to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floors for less noise and excellent views. Become acquainted with this h...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThomasGeorge88
SaurabhKukreja, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear ThomasGeorge88,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for choosing to stay with us as well as providing us with a great feedback. The team of Amari Watergate works incessantly to ensure that we do "whatever it takes" to make our guests' experience the most memorable one in every area, every outlet of the hotel. Such reviews from our guests gives the team a great boost and management, great pride in being part of the Amari family. I am delighted that you experienced and enjoyed all aspects of the hotel during both your stays, which is our ultimate goal. I will personally share your feedback with the team and K Pui and I am sure this will drive and motivate all of us to work consistently towards high standards and be the best in the business. We look forward to welcoming you again on your upcoming stays in Bangkok.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel again after a year. This time I was in the newly furnished executive room. And what a room it was. I am compelled to give 5* now. Pl read my previous review for detailed comments on others aspects of this hotel.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a little extra to stay in new room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear JavedAhmed,

Thank you so much for giving us another opportunity to serve you and also the 5* review. It gives me great pride and pleasure that we at Amari Watergate are not only able to maintain our high class standards and service, but also continuously impress and delight are valued guests by offering them quality product and facilities. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at Amari Watergate during your future stays in Bangkok.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

We were 4 couples comming to Bangkok after a cruise. The hotel was recomanded by a friend and all of us find it a good, nice hotel.
My wife and I were very satified by the dimension of the room and the well appointed bath room.
The only black point was the fact that our room was made only around 1 pm, But the room was keept clean .
About the neighborhood : there are 4 shopping malls , all of them modern buildings, two very elegant, even expansive for Bangkok.
I recomand this hotel to people who want too feel good in their room and pay quite a moderate price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear simmos113,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that so many aspects of the hotel worked for you including location, the room and bathroom.

I was sorry to hear on the delay in servicing your room, the hotel has been running at optimum occupancy over the past months so there are very slight occasions when it is early afternoon before the room is serviced, I would like to assure it is not a common practice.

Once again, a very big thank you for you taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you both and your friends back to your "home" in Bangkok soon again.

With warmest regards,

Ciaran Brazil

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Sorry for the cheesy title, but we did only spend one night in Bangkok, at the Amari Watergate.

For a change, we decided to make use of the hotel's transfer service, rather than a shared transfer. The hotel representative was waiting for us at arrivals, on time. He took us to the car, luggage placed in the boot(trunk), and once we were in the car, we given cold towels to freshen up as well as water. The trip into Bangkok from the airport was quick and hassle free. There was very little of the infamous Bangkok traffic congestion, only some traffic near the hotel.

Check in was quick and easy. As we were a bit early, and had not requested early check in, we decided to use the business center to catch up (my mobile took a swim and died in Koh Samui). A private office was assigned, and we were able to attend to business. We then had an early lunch at Cascade, the coffee shop in the lobby. The food was good, sevice was also good.

After lunch, we went up to our room, a de luxe room. It was spacious, maybe not the biggest hotel room I have stayed in, but definitely not the smallest. Again, the room had a king size bed. There is also a large flat screen TV. The bathroom is a bit small, but again, it is adequate and does have a bath tub and shower.

We did have a couple of niggles in the bathroom, in that the plug in one washbasin stayed down, and the shower door did not stay closed. This was not an issue for only one night, but could have been had we stayed longer. When we reported this on check out, the lady at the front desk did not seem too concerned. We left wondering if this would be attended to.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, especially if you want to shop till you drop. It is in the heart of the Pratunam market, across the road from the Platinum Mall and a few other malls close by. Besides the restaurants in the hotel, we did not spot too many restaurants within walking distance.

This was definitely the best breakfast we experienced on this visit to Thailand. The selection was huge, and food quality was good.

Due to our flight timing back to South Africa, we had a day to kill and went to Safari World. It is a great day out, especially if you have children. On our return, we had dinner at Henry J Beans. As we arrived during happy hour, we were able to get two drinks for the price of one. The rack of ribs were huge. Henry J Beans offers delightful alternative to Thai food.

After a day out in the nearly 100% humidity, we were obviously hot and sticky, and would not have been pleasant company on the flight back home. The Amari Watergate does offer free shower facilties, with all the bathroom amenities. Apparently the ladies are offered hairdryers as well. What a relief to be able to freshen up before the flight back home.

All in all a great mini stay was had at the Amari Watergate. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people who are going to Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brutus_8

Dear Brutus_8,

Thank you for your valued feedback on your stay with Amari Watergate. It is a great pleasure to hear that during your short stay with us we were able to ensure that you had a great time and enjoyed the hotel's services that are carefully designed for our guests to have the best possible experience. Although, I am certain that the problems with your bathroom you reported to our team at the time of your check-out would have been passed on to the relevant department, I have noted them and will personally ensure these are attended to so that none of our valued guests get inconvenienced by them. Again, thank you for bringing it to our team's attention. I sincerely hope you will choose us again during your visits to Bangkok and give the opportunity to delight you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Not a particularly luxurious hotel but the really friendly staff more than make up for that. Spacious rooms with good bathrooms.
Good gym, nice pool, a selection of really good restaurants including the excellent Thai restaurant. Great location in the business district and not far from the sky train.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Tryanythingatall,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am very please to hear that our hotel team were able to look after you well during your stay and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities. The staff here at Amari Watergate are truly driven to do their absolute best to ensure out guests have a terrific stay with us. We sincerely hope you will choose us again during your future visits in Bangkok.