“Best hotel in Bangkok by far”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #67 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This hotel is the best in Bangkok, the staff are very helpful and friendly . The location is cnetral to most facilities and the food is excellent. The rooms are first class with good facilities for Wi-Fi and TV (Air conditioning is also quiet)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Jalibu,

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I was so pleased to see you had another enjoyable stay with us and the location, food and comfortable rooms all contributed to this.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok again.

Ciaran Brazil

Write a ReviewReviews (6,124)

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed in Amari Watergate hotel beginning of March 2013. Its location is in the center of the shopping centers of Bangkok, very close to the house of Jim Thompson. We have been amazed by the kindness of the staff, always ready to help and to find solutions. The modern rooms are very comfortable, clean and very quiet. Even it looks like a business kind hotel, the staff gave us a real holiday feeling with the legendary thai smile attitude ! The huge pool was an excellent reward to our 4 kids after our temple visits and shopping sessions.
Real tribute must be given to the staff for their kindness ! Thank you !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Axel J,

Thank you for your email, I was so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that our rooms were comfortable and clean and the location worked so well for you.

Of course our biggest delight with your review was your glowing praise of the team which we are very grateful for. We work hard to ensure we give all our guests the best experience possible but it is a great moral boost for the team when someone as kind as yourself takes the time to write and praise them. A hotel is only as good as the team that runs it.

I sincerely hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your new "home" in Bangkok.

With kindest regards from all at Amari Watergate,

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed for a short business trip at this lovely hotel. The location is fantastic,the hotel rooms are what you would expect from a world standard 4 star hotel.

The staff are typically Thai friendly and warm but moreover they are very honest. I accidentally left a very valuable piece of jewellery behind in my room, which I realised 4 hours into my flight on the way back home. After reaching my destination I called the hotel and the cleaning staff had handed it in to management. Refreshing to have such honest people in the world.

So a very big thank you Amari watergate staff.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Scott B,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was very pleased to read that our staff were warm and friendly but most importantly honest when it came to retrieving your items as we know how distressing it can be to lose something important when you are travelling.

We have a very loyal team here at Amari Watergate so it is great to see them working by our core values.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write, I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to the hotel.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2013

the hotel is centrally located , but not near v Skytrain station. So you walk or take a Taxi - which can be problematic due to the heavvt rtafic in the center of tje city. The lobby is verry impressive, but you dont spebd time there, and the 17 flour room is huge - 43 sqm . Very Ellegante but boaring style, actually - No style.
Hotel`s serroundings are tippical market allies, and the Millenum Mall oposite to hotel is greate .
For this price you can get a better pakadge.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ilan G,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that for the most part you had an enjoyable stay with us and the location and the lobby you were impressed by.

I was sorry to read that you found the style of the room to be boring, like a lot of things in life,, style is a very subjective topic so we appreciate we can not always win everyone over. We are however in the process of enhancing all our rooms and a new fresh look will be installed which hopefully will be more to your taste.

I am sorry you also found us to be over-priced. We price ourselves in line with the market and our competitors, this is a high season period in Bangkok so pricing will be close to optimal at this time.

Thank you once again for your constructive review which we always take on board and I hope you would considering returning to us should you be coming back to Bangkok as a warm welcome would most certainly await you.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Amari Watergate in march 2012.
The hotel is located in the heart of Bangkok. Very good rooms and a beautiful pool area.
The breakfast was outstanding. You can choose between asian, arabic, european and american food.
We will stay here again if we come back to Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DennisSkott

Dear Dennismette,

Thank you for you fantastic review of the hotel. I am so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that the comfortable rooms, pool area and breakfast choices all contributed to that.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope we will be welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

this hotel (amari watergate)is in the center of pratunam(wholesale market area of everything)
it has everything.it is clean,nice atmosfer,very polite people....can help you with everything.
arount the hotel there are many shops,restaurants ,taxi,.....i stayed there more than 3 times.....its perfect!!!!

Room Tip: take high floor corner
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bella d

Dear Bella D,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you have stayed with us 3 times now and that the hotel works so well for you from cleanliness, location and our friendly staff.

We are very grateful for you taking the time to write and I hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Went on a short business trip 27 feb to 1st march. Good central location, seamless and prompt service.
The hotel staff is very helpful on all matters.
Cons-
Room telephone was a bit dodgy at times.
Another thing that I missed is probably an open rooftop for a good dinner.
Wifi reception tends to waver at certain locations of the hotel.

Overall a good and professional experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank bombaynomadic

Dear Bombaynomadic,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was so pleased to hear that for the most part you had a great stay and that our staff were helpful with all matters.

My apologies for the phone in your room and for the wifi coverage not always being up to 100%.
I will be sure these issues are addressed. As for the rooftop dinner, I am sorry we do not have this, we do often hold events in our rooftop garden, we had a wonderful evening last New Years Eve which I am sure we will repeat if you needed a plan for the next one?

We really appreciate your kind and constructive review and I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate again.

With warmest regards,