“Great stay”

Ranked #73 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Great stay”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A very pleasant stay. Hotel rooms were big and clean. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is very near to platinum mall which means shopping is very easy. Just a note that the steam room condition looks pretty bad and the drain is not working so there is a little flooding which makes us avoid the room. Also near the jacuzzi the tv was on quite loud with the daily news. If it can be replace by some softer music, it would be more enjoyable. But I guess most pp go there not for these facilities. Overall, a good hotel to be in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear euniceps
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us, please rest assured that we have addressed your steam room and TV feedback with our team and that we have taking them very seriously.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon in Bangkok
Nina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

i stated here in november for six days as i do every year. this year it was better than ever saff are very freindly and polite the food and service is always first class. when sitting in the executive lounge you can have a nice glass of wine looking out on to the city of angels (BANGKOK) take a trip down to henry j beans in the lower lobby for a nice drink and meal the pool table is a must and for the kids like me jenga is a must with a pint or two same as above the staff are very good and if you need any infor mation ask for lay the bar tender he is very help full overall this hotel is the best hotel in bangkok i wll be returning again and again. my regards to the manager and all the staff in this excellent hotel its paradise in the hart of the city..

Room Tip: executive is a must
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear robert b
First of all thank you for your continuous loyalty. I am delighted to read that our team was able to provide you yet again with a memorable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back in your home in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stay in this hotel from 12-14 Nov.Room no.2531.
Pros:
Check in/out is a breeze and efficient.Staffs is friendly,greet and smile to all guests.
Room was clean and big.Free wifi in room with password provided.Toilet is clean and bright.Comfortable pillows and bed.Buffet breakfast is superb.
Cons:
Some light bulb blown and no replacement was made.
Tv channels mostly showing sports channel.Movies in thai languages.
No water hose in the toilet bowl.
Air con is functioning but using switch type to regulate temperature.
Overall will recommend others to stay in this hotel.Shopping centres is within walking distances.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear din1808
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience and that you were able to make the most of our advantageous location. Please rest assured that we took your constructive criticism very seriously and it has been addressed.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was in the hotel for 3 nights at the executive room floor.
The service was always pleasant and nice, there is a nice happy hour in the 32 floor.
The Location is good, although it is not the cleanest place of the city, but there are a lot of shopping centers and markets around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ari M
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about our property and do hope to host you again soon in our property
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel is very near to popular shopping zone - Prathuman that has Platinum mall, Indra market, MBK mall etc for shopping of clothes and electronic goods at best rates. Also street side vendors selling a variety of goods.
Location apart, many fast food restaurants and many street food stalls are just a walking distance away.
The hotel has a large lobby with a lots of seating facility and also a coffee restaurant. The fourth floor has the Pomenade restaurant for breakfast- a very wide variety to suit Indian, Japanese, Chinese and Labanese in addition to Europian tastes.
Also on the same floor, a Thai restaurant serves authentic Thai food at reasonable rates.
The pool on eighth floor is nice, though small.
Our room on 25th floor had a nice overview of tall buildings and small old houses.
Overall, a very satisfactory stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear vrvaid,
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about our property and do hope to host you again soon in your home in Bangkok
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Best part of the hotel is the location! Malls are everywhere and the train system is very accessible. Food selection was great mixture of asian and western stuffs coupled with great service. The amenities I have seen are great...

Now, for my issues... while the internet connectivity is fast, I have had trouble connecting a couple of times. This may be due to the on-going convention during my stay. Another issue for is the smell of smoke while walking along the corridor which I cannot do nothing about as I was assigned to a smoking room floor area. These two I can still bear. My biggest issue was the itchy feeling I get while in bed which I would assume caused by bed bugs. The quality of my sleep suffered because of this.

Overall, it is still a great experience for me. I would not mind going back to the same hotel should I have another business trip in bangkok. I believe my concerns will be solved if I will be assigned to a non-smoking room, with a nice and clean bed...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Demz_Pogi
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it to continuously improve ourselves; I wish you would have let us know about your challenges during your stay so we could have investigated it more thoroughly while you were here or give you the opportunity to move rooms.
I look forward to welcome you again soon in your home in Bangkok
singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel lobby was huge and spacious. However, the room given to us had a lingering smoke smell even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking floor. Tried asking for a change of room but to no avail. We were triple-sharing and the rollaway bed given was thick enough. Whilst it was located opposite Platinum Mall where the shopping action is, to get across (safely) we had to walk a longer way to the overhead bridge. One of the nights there was a power failure whilst it was no fault of the hotel, we felt that the manner it was handled could have been better. The management did hand out small fans but perhaps water could have also been given out. In addition, there was no emergency lights in the room itself and was pitch dark. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again as it appeared to be the usual chain hotel without much service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear pika17
Thank you for sharing your latest experience at the Amari Watergate Bangkok. From your review, I have noticed that you have joined us in December of last year, I would like to take this opportunity to share with you that we have undergone a few changes in the past few months from updating some of our Grand Deluxe rooms to reopening our Fitness Center. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments and I do hope that you can give another chance to discover the changes that we have done in the past year.