“High quality stay in a truly 5***** hotel in Bangkok”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #67 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bern, Switzerland
“High quality stay in a truly 5***** hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Again, my stay at the Amari Watergate has been a great stay. I have been staying during a complete week and I would like to emphasise that I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The executive floor has been a truly good experience with a wonderful happy hour buffet served between 5:00 and 7:00 PM with a stunning view from 32nd floor. The friendly staff has been offering an outstanding service. Everything in this hotel is made to offer you an enjoyable stay, including the fitness room, the swimming pool, the Breeze SPA and the garden (on the 8th floor), without forgetting the very friendly staff of the Thai on 4 restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear LaurentLausanne,
What a lovely review! I am very thankful for your loyalty and I am thrilled to read that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and our team is overwhelmed to learn that their efforts have been so well received.
Again thank you for your lovely comments and I look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.
Nina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Again, be back home and experienced once again an outstanding performance. I really recommend the Amari Watergate. Mgt, Staff, Location, Facilities, Room interieur and F&B for all these there is only one rating enough, TOP Top Top.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Roland B,
Thank you so much for the lovely review, I am thrilled to know that we were able to make your latest experience another memorable one.
Again thank you for your comments and loyalty. I do look forward to welcome you back in your home in Bangkok.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had the fantastic pleasure of staying in the wonderful Amari Hotel.Attended a big function and what a great event. The hotel staff could not of been more helpful both before and during the whole event. Serving over 300 people, at dinner they never missed a beat, always ready to help and always with a Smile. The hotel events team went more than the call of duty,and we fully recommend this hotel for a special event,and the bedrooms stunning. Many thanks Amari for making our weekend special.

Room Tip: Go for the executiev floor 31
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear DouglasR67,
Thank you for the lovely comments, I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your event a memorable one, I hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon in your now home in Bangkok.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed here in late October til early November and it really was a pleasure. Check in was relatively painless, although we had some difficulty understanding the gentleman checking us in (due to his accent), the other reservations staff member helped explain when things became confused.
The rooms were large and roomy and the bathrooms are huge. Housekeeping did an amazing job as everything was always spotless when we came back to our room. The only complaint is that for some reason our room got serviced around 5 pm, so we interrupted housekeeping on several occasions after spending the day exploring Bangkok. It is hard to relax before dinner when there are industrious people running around your room!
The pool area is lovely and we spent several afternoons lazing around. Service at the pool is incredibly slow so don't go down there if you are super hungry or thirsty. When you received service it was great, the staff down there are really relaxed and seem genuinely interested in customers (but not enough to hurry service along).
Breakfast buffet was vast and you are spoilt for choice. The breads are delicious and always fresh. There is a cereal, fruit, cheese and charcuterie, as well as an Indian, Japanese and Chinese section. I was loving eating sambal (a type of spicy curry) and rotis for breakfast, much to the disgust of my husband :)
This hotel is right in the middle of the market district. If you walk out the front doors and turn left or right, you'll find markets all along the edge of the street. The night markets are just down the road as well and across the street and to the left are about 5 Thai massage places, although my favourite was right out of the hotel and right around the corner, past the McDonalds and when you come to quite a wide ally, on your right it has an orange sign. Nice, clean and my masseuse was amazing.
So if you want to stay in a beautiful hotel that is convenient to most things, look no further..The Amari Watergate is what you are looking for!
Oh and the concierge (an older gentleman) is the most helpful person I think I have ever met. If you want a dinner reservation somewhere nice on short notice, he is a magician!

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Eddie0101,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely and detailed review. We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us.We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it in a quest to become better.
I sincerely appreciate that you took the time in writing your comment and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Taking the local taxi to and from the airport cost us THB400 each way, with the journey taking 25 mins from airport and an hour back (massive jam).
We reached the hotel by 10am and had requested for early check-in, however we were politely informed that the room will not be ready till 12:30pm. No issues here with plenty of shopping around to keep you occupied.
We were staying in room 1214, which is good sized, the bathroom can be better maintained though. One thing that I could not find in the room was the tv guide.
There is a tour desk located on the 3rd floor which we booked the one to view the floating market with tiger temple at THB2800 per pax, with the latter being the highlight of the trip. Apart from that, we were given late check-out till 1pm. With our return flight at 9pm, it was nice that the 8th floor had full shower facilities with towels and lockers provided.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ninkumput,
Thank you for your lovely review and understanding, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience in our property, we have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and we truly appreciate your feedback.
Once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience and I do look forward to welcome you back soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is the third time I am staying at Amari Watergate. We arrived on 17 Nov and departed on 20 Nov. Being my mum's first visit to Thailand, my priority was for her to enjoy the vacation and Amari is definitely the best choice. My mum and sister started snapping photos the moment we checked in to the executive floor and did I mention how friendly and nice the hotel staff were. We took an early flight and arrived at the hotel early but our rooms were ready and cleaned! The suite is huge with everything we needed, truly 5 stars. The hotel is also very near to shopping malls like Platinum and good local food like SabX2 Wanton Noodle (Phetchburi Soi 19). One of the evening, we wanted to try the local thai cuisine at Ban Khun Mae and the hotel staff helped us to check out the reservation and gave us lots of advice on direction and waiting time which helped save us quite abit of time. We tried the in-house restaurant at Thai on 4 and was pleasantly surprised with the food & service staff despite a long wait. The best had to be the 5 - 7pm happy hours at the executive 32nd floor . We love to chill at the lounge, watch over the Bangkok city from the glass panels.

Kudos to the hotel GM who always make me feel like returning home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Gigilow,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted that you have selected us yet again as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Bangkok; and I do look forward to welcome you back in your home in Bangkok.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I arrived at the Amari Watergate on Nov. 17 and departed Nov 23, 2013. This was my holiday from work. I specifically came to Bangkok to visit my friends I have made at Henry J. Beans downstairs at Amari Watergate. Check in was good and quick. My reservation was on hand and I was quickly checked in. My room was clean and well maintained with a view facing the Pratnum Fashion Mall. The location is great for shopping at the Pratnum shopping center, MBK, Siam Square (Hard Rock Cafe), the aquairum, and Coco walk for out door dining. Asiatique is not too far a taxi ride and is worth the trip for shopping and dining along the river.
Henry J. Beans, downstar's is always lively after 8PM with a live band (currently 22 Nor) with a dance floor for those who want to dance, dinner and drinks or just drinks and music. The staff and my friends Joey, Cat and Bea will ensure your experiance is pleasureable as well as fun. Do not be suprised if Cat and Bea take your hand and dance with you and it does not matter is your male for female. They will also try to pair you up with other partons just to dance. They all encourage participation in having a good time as well as introducing you to others. All are friendly.
Inspite of what others have stated, all hotel staff and those working at Henry J. Beans speak fluent english. I have stayed at Amari Watergate multiple times since 2010 and my experiance has always been notyhing less then great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Thudchief,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely review; our team at Henry J. Bean's is thrilled to know that they were able to create a memorable experience and we hope to host you back soon in your home in Bangkok.