Amari Watergate Bangkok
US$138
US$182
US$175
6,366 results
All reviewsplatinum mallexecutive floorgrand deluxe roomcentral worldpratunam marketpantip plazabig cpratunam areaindian foodwalking distanceshopping districtexcellent locationbreakfast spreadpleasant staynight marketfantastic hoteltuk tuk
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently returned to Amari Watergate to try the executive club rooms and the benefits and were over whelmed with our treatment. Our room was a refurbished King, executive room that was clean and well equipped. The executive club benefits included buffet breakfast with everything you would want from cereals, juices, fresh crusty bread and eggs, bacon, sausages etc. We found it most enjoyable that we could breakfast till 10:30 and then return anytime of the day for coffee, tea and cookies or cold beverages all inclusive. But the cocktail hour is the one to die for, with cocktails, wine and beer included and outstanding canapé's which quite truthfully are the best we've experienced, including fresh salmon, roast beef just to mention a few.
But it was the 5 star treatment we received on returning to our room that we have to mention.
On returning after shopping we opened our room to find two white swans, made of towels and fresh rose petals on our bed. Chilling in ice was a bottle of champagne accompanied with moose cake and mini chocolates with a note welcoming us back. The manager had given us the honeymoon treatment to thank us for returning. Why would we ever stay anyway else? Thank you Amari.......this place has it all with markets at the door and central for shopping. A home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Kezzathe,
Thank you for your lovely comments, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon in your home in Bangkok.

This hotel is great.
The entrance is breathtakingly beautiful and the staff are extremely attentive.
Although we did not eat in the restaurants, the bars were well stocked and the waiters were lovely.
The rooms were well equipped and lavishly decorated. Our room had a huge bed and floor to ceiling windows, giving panoramic views of the city and a romantic feel.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darceyhorse
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear darceyhorse,
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us especially our well appointed rooms.
Thank you for the lovely comments and I do look forward to welcome you back in your home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've returned to this hotel once again after a year. it's still providing great service. I saw many familiar faces though I don't remember their names. I give them great credit to be able to maintain their service quality over the years.

I'm staying at the Executive level and we have been doing so for the past few years thanks to the the hotel's hospitality. The service of the reception at level 32 is great. We arrived in the morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that our details are already at their counter waiting for our arrival. We were also lucky to be able to check-in at arrival as well.

Our room was well maintained as usual. The view was not something we would rave about. In fact coming to this part of Bangkok is never about the skyline. The bed was big and comfortable. We were happy to see a pillow menu but let down by the over-popularity of the memory-contour pillow.

The executive lounge has a great view when the sun is not shining right at you. Breakfast and evening cocktails are good. We've always liked the fresh juices at the lounge.

This is definitely my choiced hotel for any trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KelunOfSingapore,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience, I am thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff is truly our greatest asset and we are so happy that you felt well taken care of and we hope to welcome you back soon in your new home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

It had been 6 yrs since I last visited Amari Watergate...Was quite hesitant initially as it had been such a long time and with so many new hotels being build within this time frame but remembering all my previous experience there, I decide to stay there once again...And I have no doubt that I had made a right choice...As with all my previous experience, the hospitality had been excellent, Pierre had not changed at all, ensuring the staffs are well trained in their job...Was hosted in the newly renovated rooms, it was much difference compared to previous design, it's comparable to those fanciful new hotel rooms that I have been visiting...Although it's not new but the experience there make it up...Location is quite central, located right at the heart of the wholesale market and within walking distance to the shopping district...I will be back again...Thank you Pierre for your wonderful hospitality...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank and_alloy

Dear and_alloy,
Thank you for your continuous loyalty and selecting us once again during your recent stay in Bangkok. I am thrilled to read that we were able to continuously exceed your expectation and that you had an enjoyable experience.
I hope to welcome you again soon in your home in Bangkok,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

our family stayed at the Amari 1 Jan to 6 Jan and will stay there again. Check in on New Years Day was very busy as the hotel managed a lot of late check outs, full capacity and a number of guests arriving all at once.We were offered every hospitality by both desk staff and then bumped into the GM Pierre, who was working hard to smooth guest relations. I have to say we were appalled by the behaviour of some 'guests' who seem to think being rude and aggressive would somehow make a room become available sooner?? Location is great opposite Platinum, short walk to Central World and short taxi to Sukhamvit and most BKK locations. Only downside is you are not that close to the sky rail which we have enjoyed on previous visits. The Executive Lounge is a wonderful location to recap at the end of the day and the Pool Bar staff, particularly Kith are warm and helpful. We also enjoyed watching the world go by at Cascades, bar/restaurant street side - fabulous tapas! Rooms are comfortable, but in a city like Bangkok you are probably using your hotel as a base rather than lounging in your room.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jennifer1311,
Thank you for your great comments, I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and do hope to host you in our property very soon!