“A Really Good Experience”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #68 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The Amari Watergate was excellent right from the get go. Excellent reception service and the reception area itself is beautiful. And this may sound weird, but it smells great too. It's such a great sensation to walk into a cool place like this after sweating it outside, exploring the city. We stayed on floor 26 in a grand deluxe room. It's probably best to splurge a little extra for higher floors as they are newly renovated and far from the sounds of the streets below. Only complaint: shower area was a bit shabby and signs of renovation remained. We used almost every amenity of the hotel and had no problems with anything. Make use of the happy hour times at all the restaurants. The spa was also excellent. The breakfast was great and probably my fiancé's favourite part of the hotel. We looked forward to it every morning. Wish I could have stayed here in Bangkok for longer. Thanks to all the kind staff and management.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mashaba A
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Ruby A,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with a great experience and I look forward to welcome you back soon in your now home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was our first visit to Bangkok and I picked up this hotel without knowing or checking much about it.
My wife and I loved it. First the warm Thai welcome. Then the nice big room. I loved those large windows giving us an amazing view of Bangkok.
Surprised how cleaned it was and how the staff is at disposal for any request... really nice.
As it is near all the shopping malls, I did not see much my wife... That gave me time to wonder around and enjoy a bit of the city. Even with this Martial Law situation, I still felt safe anywhere.
Thank you for this wonderful stay, sure we will come back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernard S

Dear Bernard S,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

very large rooms, large windows with view, exellent service, very clean, but breakfast was a bit touchy in choice.the reception was good and helpful, good place to stay while shopping, did not try the pool or spa

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank air198

Dear air198,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

AMARI WATERGATE is a 5-star hotel in Central Bangkok. It's strategically located in front of Platinum Mall near the Pratunam shopping area.

I was a bit apprehensive about going to Bangkok because of the Martial Law situation there, but Amari Watergate gave me a warm Thai welcome. This erased all my doubts and fears about the safety and security in the capital.

Overall, I like AMARI WATERGATE for its location in the Pratunam area, the Thai Massage in Breeze Spa, and the yummy food at Thai on 4. If you can, upgrade your room to the 34th Executive Floor to get access to the Executive Lounge on the 32nd.

The room, toilet, and amenities are complete (though you may still want to bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and other toiletries). They have free, stable, and fast WiFi in their rooms so you can still go online and work.

Check out my Amari Watergate Bangkok experience...
My AMARI WATERGATE BANGKOK Experience #AmazingThailand

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank antondiaz

Dear antondiaz,
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay and do hope to host you again soon in your now home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Visited Bangkok as a group in 2012 and stayed at this hotel the first few days of our trip. Very clean and convenient hotel. Located at very convenient location. Good choices of restaurants and fast food places. A lot of shopping malls and stores within walking distance. Good service and had an in house tailor who made shirts, skirts, suits and event winter coats made to fit in a week for the such a great price.the clothes were ready for pick up on our way back from the tours.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sanjulakula

Dear sanjulakula,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay
Again thank you for your comments and on behalf of the rest of the team here at Amari Watergate Bangkok, I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there a lots of time with my girlfriend and it was always a nice and pleaseant stay! The location is really good not far from the malls and the BTS. The staff was nice and competant. The food there is just amazing and you can eat at anytime! I hope to go there again !!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tigrou_128

Dear tigrou_128,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

It is a highly recommended hotel, Very good rooms, courteous staff, and located pretty close to the market.

Rooms are big, clean and have a good bangkok skyline view. Traffic is bad, pre-plan everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends