“Best Hotel in Bangkok!”

Ranked #72 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel in Bangkok!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was in Bangkok for 2 days out of 12 for my Honeymoon. Even though I was there for the sake of shopping for the misses, the hotel made my stay very enjoyable. As soon as we checked in, we were upgraded to the executive suit, with a bottle of cold champagne waiting for us and a cake. the room was on the 32nd floor. extremely clean and tighty, extreme variety of breakfast. Hotel is very central, and staff will not hesitate in providing any service you might ask for. Definitively recommande It !

Room Tip: Top floors are the best!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charbs8
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Charbs8,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay and to extend my heart felt congratulations.
Again thank you for your comments and on behalf of the rest of the team here at Amari Watergate Bangkok, I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very good hotel with all the facilities you need in any 5 start hotel at a price of 4 star hotel. Ideally located for shopping buffs, especially when you are travelling with your family. The Plantinum fashion Mall opposite to the hotel is great place for shopping of cheaper stuff.

Only weak point I noticed was the Indian food counter at the breakfast buffet. This could have been much much better. Else great experience.

Room Tip: pay a bit extra and take Grand Deluxe rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Skhanna441
Dear Skhanna441
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it to continuously improve ourselves.
I look forward to welcome you again soon in your home in Bangkok
Singapore
Reviewed 3 July 2014

King size bed is big, can sleep 3pax.
Pillow not comfy, too soft.
Sofa is very comfy.
Shower room very crampy, toilet also very small.
Great location for shopping paradise.
Nice food nearby hotel area

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shoppee ^
Dear Shoppee ^,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it to continuously improve ourselves; I wish you would have let us know about your challenges during your stay so we could have investigated it more thoroughly while you were here.
I look forward to welcome you again soon in your home in Bangkok
Mossel Bay
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was my second visit in 2 years years.
Once again we enjoyed our stay - This hotel are centrally situated at the main shopping centre of Bangkok - Pratunam.
The rooms are well planned with all the amenities you need.
The breakfast are outstanding and covers the wide spectrum of people visiting Bangkok - Indian, Japanese, European cusine and many more. W will stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AirDelMar
Dear AirDelMar,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with a great experience and I look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A very good hotel and is very convenient for those who love shopping . The hotel is very close to shopping precincts. The facilities are great not only that and the staff are friendly, helpful and courteous too, smile and warmth everywhere you go at the hotel. Last Saturday that was 28th June 2014 i was shopping alone in Prathunam market and my bag have been cut by theft. Seriously this was not the first time my bag have been cut but i am bless i did not lost any value things cos i have learn from my first lesson. Amari staff gave me a surprised on Sunday afternoon i was about to go out i saw the house keeping staff and i told the ladies to help me to discard my bag i told her that my bag have been cut by some theft at the market and to my surprised the staff did a good job that instead of throwing away my bag she help me to sew back my bag and the cut was terrible and i didn"t expect the staff really did a good job and i really want to thank her but i didn't manage to get her name i was a guess staying in room 3133 executive floor check in 26th June 2014 and chk out 30th June 2014. I hope the management will do something for this staff should give her a wow reward.
Definitely worth returning to stay for my next trip to bangkok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank vivianbaby68
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear vivianbaby68,
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about your most recent stay with us. This is a great review that I definitively shared with our team! We are always glad to know that we were able to create a memorable and lasting experience for our guests. Our team is our greatest strength; they continuously strive to go above and beyond our guests expectations and on behalf of our housekeeping team we are thankful for your lovely comments and we hope that we will be able to welcome you soon in Bangkok
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Located downtown, classy hotel, magnificent breakfast Buffett, very helpful staff, and rooms were impeccable.
If you are a gym buff this place is nuts. The gym is the only one I have seen in Asia that could stand on its own two feet as a commercial gym-it's that good!
Pool, absolutely stunning little water pool good for kids and adults. Very relaxing outdoor lounges set among the high rises.
If you need that Western food fix, go downstairs to their own bar with reasonably priced western food, and generous portions! Love it!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greg S
Dear Greg S,
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay and do hope to host you again soon in your home in Bangkok
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have stayed here many times before and always enjoyed the place. Recently we have chosen other, cheaper but more central hotels, but decided to try this one again.
It is still a very good hotel, made more so by its excellent staff. But the age is showing, with rather worn carpets in the corridors, unpleasant smells in some of the corridors and incredibly noisy plumbing, both water and toilets, which are quite disturbing. The rooms are nice, with good views and the bathrooms quite large.
The Italian restaurant, Grappa, which we really enjoyed in the past, has gone and has not been replaced, sadly. The breakfast buffet is excellent, though crowded toward the end of service. Thai on 4 has now got an rather strange menu of Thai, Western and Arabic food, but is pleasant.
The location is quite central, but is some way from the MRT and other public transport, which can be a problem in both hot and rainy weather.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear donandkeo,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it to continuously improve ourselves; We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay and do hope to host you again soon in your home in Bangkok