“One of the best places to stay in Bangkok!!”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #68 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the best places to stay in Bangkok!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been to Bangkok twice and I have stayed at this place both the times.
This hotel has a beautiful lobby, lovely and comfortable rooms and at a favourable location for all shopaholics, located right in front of the best shopping malls.
I loved the music that is played in the evenings in the lobby.
We stayed on the 42nd floor once and was a great experience, especially the night charm of Bangkok. The breakfast is great here with a variety of cuisines at your disposal..

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were great here and its worth a visit..
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Smile_alwaysss,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay
Again thank you for your comments and loyalty and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (974)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First of all, this is a very good hotel.
The hotel has a very impressive lobby and the rooms have a very good size, the bed is confortable and there's a large flat screen TV there. The bathroom is very good with a separate bathtub and shower. The only problem there was really the minor step in the bathroom entrace but, for us, that was not a major problem.
The Hotel has a garden and a swimming pool that are very good, specially in a city with such heat and polution as Bangkok. The pool is very impressive, it's located on the roof top and gives you a sense of relaxation.
The breakfast is very good, with lots of variety. Thumbs up for this!
Bangkok is a very unexpensive city, you can slepp for 1/10 the value you pay here and still get a good hotel. But, for ocidental standards, this hotel is not really that expensive and i think it's a good choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valter1984,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with a great experience and I look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in Amari Watergate on my second visit in Thailand last April. My room was located at the 32nd executive floor including privileges and I could say that those were a 5 star class experience because of the very good service from the very attentive, caring, sweet and kind staff in the lounge serving good selection of breakfast and also afternoon cocktails I also like to send my very big thanks to the very helpful concierge staff and also to the housekeeper who always keep my room clean with extra flower in my bed. Everyone are helpful and approachable. The hotel facilities are great including the pool with a view of Baiyoke sky it is just that I haven.t got the chance to use the swimming pool because of consecutive events in that are during that time. I would rate my over all experience as SUPER FANTASTIC, AMAZING, WONDERFUL AND FUN exoerience, I will definitely come back next Songkran hopefully. Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Anj M
Dear Anj B,
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We are elated to hear that you had terrific stay with us. Our staff is truly our greatest asset and we are so happy that you felt well taken care of and we look forward to welcome you back soon in your new home in Bangkok.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Amari Watergate never disappoints us. It is simply high class--from the reception on ground level, to restaurants at level 4, to the top executive rooms on the 34th floor. Much positive can be said about this hotel but a lasting memory is the very exquisite bed-linen and pillows, at least on the executive floor. Room decorations are tasteful, almost classic and the space for desk-work just enough. Swimming-pools are very pleasant--with a pool bar and gym. Breakfast is, of course, perfect. This is a place to get back to--which we have done several times. We have experience from other outstanding hotels in Bangkok but nowadays we chose this one for its constant, friendly and high standard and for the eclectic surroundings.

Room Tip: Room 3429 at the very top makes you feel at home, although the magnificent view is not very appealin...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aspan024
Dear aspan024,

What a lovely review! Thank you for your loyalty and I am delighted to read that you have selected us as your home in Bangkok.
Once again thank you for your continuous loyalty and I look forward to welcome you again soon.

athens
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

A modern hotel in the center of everything. Close to the main market and both the sides of the city,as the river is in-between.

When you enter the hotel you feel very welcome,there is an orchestra in the lobby playing domestic traditional instruments with very nice songs... The staff is very kind and helpful.The views are amazing,the breakfast salon very good, and the breakfast has everything you want to begin your day.My room was very clean,modern and very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear AthensThomas,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your lovely comments, I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the traditional music in our lobby and on behalf of the team here at Amari, we all look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at Amari Watergate during our last visit to Bangkok in April. I chose this hotel after looking at the various reviews & for the fact it is located very close to the markets & shopping district of Bangkok. We were travelling as a couple & had a great stay here, very courteous staff, always smiling & keen to help. Very clean, quiet ambiance... Great breakfast spread..
The interiors of deluxe rooms need redoing, look outdated and bland... also the air conditioning could be better..

All in all a good experience staying at Amari Watergate... Cheers!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sasha1904
Dear sasha1904,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it to continuously improve ourselves; hon another note, I am delighted to read that despite the look and feel that you enjoyed your experience and that you were able to make the most of our advantageous location.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back soon,
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2014

the staff at this hotel could not be more helpful, and the location is perfect for shopping as most places are within a short distance either walking or on transport.
another of our friends was with us and left before us, they then contacted us about some money they left in the safe and a dress that was in the room. I contacted reception for them and they were exceptionally helpful they managed to get both items to me to return to my friend, extremely helpful and honest!

Room Tip: always request non smoking but otherwise no issues
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosemariie F
Dear Rosemariie F,
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent experience in our property. Our team is our greatest strength; they continuously strive to go above and beyond our guests expectations and I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to return your friend's items.
Again thank you for your stay and we truly hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel.