“Hotel situated for Shopaholics”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #72 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed at the Amari for 3 nights with the main purpose of the trip being my girlfriend wanted to shop.
This hotel is perfectly located across from the Platinum Fashion Mall which pretty much has everything a girl desires with plenty of eating options nearby.
I received very good service, the staff were polite and the room was large and clean, so from a hotel perspective I was satisfied.
Also about a 10-15 min walk from the hotel you can make your way down to Central World, which has alot more upmarket stores and a mass of food options.
Overall, this is a great conveinient area to stay in and this hotel would make a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Kris P,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with a great experience and I look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

To describe the Amari Watergate in one word...wow. Two friends and I arrived at the hotel straight from our flight and as weary as we were, we could not hide our excitement and wonder at the magnificent hotel. Greeted by friendly and smiling staff at nearly midnight, we were directed to our room and were immediately stunned by the amazing view and the elegant, luxurious rooms. The facilities were stunning, with a gorgeous pool, salon, spa and gymnasium on site and attentive staff everywhere. We loved the hotel so much that on our last day in Bangkok we spent the whole day indulging ourselves without ever leaving, including visiting the authentic 'Thai on Four' restaurant on the last evening. I cannot express how lovely the hotel is! Would strongly reccommend it for an indulging trip away or a business trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rosie E,
Thank you for your lovely comments, I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience and I do look forward to welcome you back soon in your now home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Have been staying in this hotel since 3 years ago and always enjoyed the stay and the fantastic service. However, it was rather disappointing this stay. We arrived at almost close to 9pm at night but was denied check in with the reason that the room was not ready yet which was appalling since check in was at 2pm..Subsequently, our room had a triple occupancy and the additional bed was really badly appointed. It was a foldable bed not uncommon for add-on beds for hotel but the mattress was ridiculously thin for a five star property and of course we felt the terrible gap at the folding joint of the bed, and it was just nights of bad aches all over. All in all, this stay was certainly not as pleasant but I hope the service and room standards can be improved as I still pretty love this hotel with its fab location:)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear seven20three,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on you recent visit in Bangkok. I am very sorry and disappointed to read about your stay and genuinely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and to ensure our services are up to standards. I am equally concerned with your observations about the room not being ready upon your arrival.
Please rest assured that your comments have been shared and appropriate actions have been taken; once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and I do hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in your upcoming visit to Bangkok and and would ask that you kindly contact me directly.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

In recently spent 2 weeks at Amari Watergate in July. I have lost count of how many times I have stayed here, and again, it did not let me down. It never will and this is why it is my home in Bangkok ! I am welcomed every time, by my name, by all staff, from the lobby, to the executive lounge. The lovely ladies in the executive lounge spoiled me again and looked after my every need. Nothing is ever too much trouble, and the little personal things they do make it meaningful, they know what I want without even asking.
The deck area is a lovely spot for a few drinks and always a nice chance to meet very nice people.
My room was once again an executive level and housekeeping great. Extra flowers every day, and anything I need, they know what I like.
Same goes for the staff at the pool area. They see me coming and without me asking, they have my sun lounge ready with towels and drinks they know I like.
I am treated like a princess every time, they make you feel special.
Once again I used both the Breeze Salon and Spa. I love the way Fon in the salon does my long hair !
I ate at a few of the restaurants in the hotel and all are very nice, particularly the Peking Duck at the Chinese. Henry J Beans does a good burger.
The hotel is very well located for shoppers, with a wide variety to choose from.
I am very much looking forward to my next visit to my home in Bangkok before the end of the year

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cherie O

Dear Cherie O,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a great and detailed comment, we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we feel humbled that we were able to create a memorable experience during you visit
On behalf of the Amari Watergate Bangkok, thank you for your loyalty and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Really enjoyed our 4 day stay in the Amari Watergate. Lovely room, very helpful staff and the most varied choice for breakfast. Nice pool and pool bar, quite expensive but very nice. Rooms lovely and clean and room service great. Central for everything, water taxi, sky train, tuk tuks and plenty of taxi's. 1 minute from the night market to grab some real good bargains (take an empty case)! Loved our stay, if we go back to Bangkok will definitely stay at the Amari Watergate. Excellent.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor right at the front, didn't get disturbed at all. Could not hear the tr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrGraham421

Dear MrGraham421,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay
Again thank you for your comments and on behalf of the rest of the team here at Amari Watergate Bangkok, I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel is a great base to explore Bangkok and is close to the Airport rail line which we used to get to and from our flight. It is located opposite Platinum Fashion Mall as well as other shopping malls such as Central World and Big C, making it a good location for shoppers. Our room was spacious with neatly done up furnishings. The bed was invitingly large and the mattress was extremely soft.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandra J,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Positive experience:
1. Hotel is directly opposite the Platinum Fashion Mall (a large wholesale centre), nice food place nearby such as the famous Wanton Noodle and others like McDonalds and A&W.
2. Well-facilitated hotel with gym, swimming pool, spa, fitness centre, Resturant and business centre
3. Room is spacious and clean
4. Large LCD TV and sofa area
5. Free wifi (with good connection)
6. Separate bath tub and shower area
7. Good services provided by the staff; prompt response and staff were friendly
8. Comfortable waiting area at the hotel lobby

Rooms for improvement:
1. The cleanliness of the bath tub / water - when we tried fill the tub, the water appears yellowish due to the dirt accumulated on the tub. Hence, we decided against using it. The shower at the tub area was also not functioning. Luckily, the stand-up shower area appears to be relatively clean and the shower was working fine.
2. The sound proofing of the rooms was not tip-top, but bearable. We could hear movements when people walked past and talking, also, we can hear the flushing of the toilet from the room next door.
3. Despite having the security in place in the lift to previous non-guest from going to the floors where the rooms resides, it was not activated. Thus, non-guest can freely move in and out to all the levels in the hotel, including the guest rooms.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear YuriyeKren,
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it in a quest to become better, please rest assured that your comments are duly notes and have been shared with the rest of our team in order to follow up and avoid such incidents to re-occur.
Thank you once again for your comments and I do look forward to welcome you back soon.