“Ideal bangkok stay!”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #72 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Great hotel for discovering Bangkok. Centrally located near major shopping areas. We (family with 4 adolescents) treated ourselves by staying in rooms on the executive floor with more than outstanding service, private breakfast buffet and complimentary happy hour on the 32nd floor overlooking Bangkok! Great pool, garden and huge fitness center. Excellent value for money!

Alette van Leur

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 March 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights before flying home. There was a little mishap with our initial room, they sent us up there, but the room was still be cleaned. So, we went down and asked for another room, which the front desk person personally escorted to the new room, but we wanted a non-smoking room and it definitely smelled liked someone smoked in there. They offered to spray the room, but I have really sensitive nose and a spray doesn't usually work that well. So, we were back in the original room, we just left our stuff in there and went for lunch. When we came back it was fine. The reason why I still give them a 5 rating is because it's a mishap and the rest of our stay was excellent. The location of the hotel is great, definitely use the walkway to get to the Fashion Mall, don't try dodging the cars. Very dangerous. We walked to Siam Square, not a bad walk. The best souvenier shopping is just around the corner. I got a body scrub, massage, manicure, and pedicure at the Sivara Spa and Salon, it was really relaxing and a great time for myself. It was one of the best time at a spa and salon I ever had.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Had the joy of staying at this hotel and had a really refreshing experience there!
Bangkok is my favorite haunt as a tourist destination, and after sampling numerous lodgings, I have finally found one which I am truly satisfied with!
When I arrived at the hotel, I was pleasantly attended by the Chinese manager who warmed up my otherwise grumpy granny! The rooms assigned were really beautiful, although the view of the busy highway is not the ideal way to start your morning. The surroundings of the hotel is a little messy, but the attentive staff never fails to help you get to your precise destination.
Their personal approach left a lasting impression on my family and I, and I highly recommend Amari Watergate Hotel.

Reviewed 26 March 2009

This is a local 5 star hotel and I am extremely impressed by the high standards maintained. I used to stay at JW Mariott and personally I don't feel any differences between staying at Mariott or Amari. The hotel is centrally located near train stations, opposite shopping paradise! Good for ladies who wants to shop for days! Everything is within walking distance. Should you need to find good food within the hotel, the Thai Restaurant and Italian Restaurant will be my favourite and recommendation. The room is spacious. What I love most is the Executive Lounge on the 32nd floor overseeing the entire Bangkok. I must say the Executive Lounge is equivalent to that of Mariott's. I am also surprised to find out that the hotel has specially catered Chinese Speaking and Japanese Speaking Managers to assist travellers. Very thoughtful of the hotel. I also have good experience working with the Sales Department should you require to hold any business conventions, meetings etc. This hotel is definitely value for money and worth considering.

Reviewed 26 March 2009

I stayed in this hotel in March 09 for one night stay in bkk.
have to say that is quite suit for business, the location is good(city center, 5 minutes walk from world center, the biggest shopping center and restaurants collection) and hotel room is excellent. Price is not expensive. Also it has chinese assistant , comfortable service not only on language, but attitude to its' customer.
not only showing on face, but from their heart.

I like this hotel, and 100% sure will be back again in the coming future.

Hope the service will be going on.

Jack
From shanghai China

Reviewed 25 March 2009

having been to Bangkok many times i still find the Amari a great place to stay. its surrounds excellent shopping both in markets and shopping centres and the nighlife around the hotel is good as well . Its also a short walk to the skytrain which is a good way to get around. The rooms are a good size and have everthing you would expect . The pool is really good especially if you have kids and they now have a great spa which is a welcome relief from the heat. I found the staff really attentivel and only to happy to help with directions etc. most of asll its excellenty value for this standard in bangkok

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Myself and my Partner enjoyed a two night stay in this hotel. Very central location for shopping. The room itself was excellent, very spacious and offered a DVD player in room. Leisure facilities were an added bonus as a way to soothe tried feet from a long day shopping.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple