“My 'home' in Bangkok!”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #69 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Value for money AND -situated in the heart of all the best shopping & restaurants -malls and markets- all within easy walking distance! Also walk to SIAM station to get the 'sky train' almost anywhere! I LOVE' Amari Watergate' - this is my 3rd stay now -and i wouldn't stay anywhere else -it's simply the best! I LOVE the Thai people -they have a grace and charm that touches my heart!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (6,032)

Reviewed 1 April 2010

Stayed for four days and three nights on the 23rd floor (grand deluxe) before the end of March, 2010, and I'd say, that after a day of staying in the sun, touring the city and haggling with vendors, returning at night to the hotel is such a wonderful treat. The doormen, and the rest of the staff, would greet you promptly, happily and with a smile welcoming you back from a hard day of venturing outside. They really made us feel at home. Sincere"welcome back" greetings take the weariness away. Of course, the calming scent throughout the lobby just made me feel refreshed, and made me ready to retire for the night.

The concierge, too, was ever reliable. Anything I want to know, they seem to be informed about, like, where could I buy tamarind. Perhaps, I was most impressed when I asked the night concierge where I could attend a catholic mass, and I was given a ready answer. The concierge wrote down for me the schedule of service plus the name of the church, The Holy Redeemer, in Thai so I could show it to the cab driver. Over-all, they're very efficient.

Anent the location, travelers may already be aware that the hotel is directly in front of Platinum Mall, smack right in Pratunam Market, beside Pratunam City Mall (not so sure about the name) and Krungthong Plaza, and 2 blocks or so away from Panthip Plaza, and walking distance to the Big C, Central World, and Super Rich Money Changer.

As for the room, it was spacious, and roomy. There was a welcome fruit platter when we arrived and some marzipan candies, I believe. There was a seating area and the lcd tv was huge. The room easily accommodated a third bed which did not make the room feel cramped. Wi-fi inside the room is not free, but it is on the lobby.

The only problem I had with the hotel was with their key cards and I had to change cards for at least 6 times. It was overly sensitive and I got locked out a couple of times. Before we checked out, the front-desk staff gave me 2 new key cards in case one doesn't open but none of them worked. Apologetically, the front-desk staff produced another card and came along with me this time to help me open the door and carry our luggages down, with a porter in tow. Really, I can not remain frustrated with the constant key card malfunction when the staff are accommodating and prompt at finding a solution to our problems.

A word of advise to fellow travelers. You need to be patient speaking in english with the staff; as competent and reliable as they are, english is not their official language and don't get frustrated when they don't seem to understand you at first. They're trying their best to understand your queries and requests.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank shuurei
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The amari watergate is located in the heart of the shopping district of pratunam. If your main purpose is to shop shop and shop, then this hotel cannot be more ideal. All the whole sale fashion centers, IT mall are within a stone's thow away. Although there are no bts within easy walking distance from the hotel, you can easily get a tuk tuk from the main road outside the hotel, but be sure to negotiate a reasonable price before hopping on it. As for the rooms, they are pretty spacious and comfotable i must say, the toilets have separate bath tub and shower facility and has two wash basins which is just great. The hotel also has a nice pool and gym on the 8th floor. My only complaint would be that the hotel restaurants are pretty pricy.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sophiaqz
Reviewed 25 March 2010

hubby and I have stayed here 3 times now . We tried a different hotel recently and were definately disappointed with it We will NEVER stay anywhere else when in Bangkok again. The staff are excellent and the amenities leave nothing to the imagination. They arranged our sightseeing tours and extra flights with no fuss whatsoever. The local shopping was excellent and restaurants were the best, I really loved the afternoon tea the hotel puts on every afternoon

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The Amari Watergate Hotel is an excellent hotel. I would recommend this for a short term stay whilst shopping. Located in the centre of the shopping buzz the Amari Watergate stands out a mile! When you exit the Amari Watergate, turn left, be prepared to witness the astonishing street markets! Ideal for shopping lovers I must admit. The staff were very welcoming and extremely generous and kind. The cleanliness of the hotel was fantastic. In my opinion, the warm-hearted Thai people make the holiday worth while. Thailand is fantastic, regardless what hotel you decide to stay in, but I highly recommend the Amari Watergate Hotel!

Attention all shoppers! Visit the Night Market Bazaar for the best deals and the best shopping experience!

How do I get there?
Simple, "Tuk Tuks" (Taxis) will be waiting for business outside the Amari Watergate. Tell the driver you wish to go to the Night Market Bazaar and he/she will take you there! Enjoy! :)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CBIrish
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Located in the Major Shopping area of Bangkok. 32 Storeyed building with the pool on 8th Floor.

TOTALLY VERY GOOD HOTEL.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Although not at the waterfront, the location is very central, the hotels infrastructure excellent, the Thai restaurant is the best we know, and the service of the whole hotel is very good, the reception on the executive floor particularly helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple