“Nice hotel, bad service at the front desk.”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #68 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I really loved the location of this hotel! Its near the shopping district. The rooms are big and clean and comfy!

But the staff at the front desk are rude. I never saw them smile.. I went to the front desk to purchase a card for the internet, and it was like I was invisble to them.. I had to "break" the conversation between the staff and ask for help. And they gave me "the look" and talked thai between each other..

Besides the rude staff I liked the rooms and the location :)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (5,916)

Reviewed 10 September 2010

My family and I just stayed Amari Watergate for more than 5 nights in the executive floor. It was a fabulous.... room was clean and neat, room service was excellent, check in was so smooth. From the entrance of the hotel to the room was nice and kind. Staff at the pool and the spa was very nice with the smile.
I would definitely will be back to this hotel and recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Even though I was so far away from home, they make me feel like I was at my own home.
We been pamper by their staff and services

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Ideal location in the heart of Pratanum shopping district of Bangkok - a dream for our lady shoppers - Markets at your front door - across the road the Platinum Centre with 2000 shops - Pantip Plaza for Computer needs just up the road.
Free form swimming pool on the 8th floor a virtual Oasis in the heart of Bangkok with City views.. A very desirable hotel to stay in either for a stopover or longer term.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I went 3 days to Bangkok for a medical congress. We had a room at the 32rd executive floor: very quick check-in and -out, executive lounge available, incredible 6 stars service. Location at the heart of shopping malls and markets, where my wife spent all time while I intended the congress ... We really felt "at home" at the Amari Watergate Bangkok and we will definitely go back there each time we go to Bangkok.
Dr Olivier Meyer, Switzerland

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Since more than 15 years we are going to visit friends in Thailand. Traditionally at the end of our trip we are more than happy to stay at Amari Watergate for some days. What else can we say? Wow? And wow again? Each night spent at this extremely luxurious hotel rooms is great experience, what you would like to repeat over and over again. You cannot go wrong with this hotel, for the simple reason that you are treated like royalty there, they address you by name and that is one of the most important points. The customer care under the management of Mr. Pierre-Andre Pelletier is at the highest stage, does not matter, if you are a regular guest or you stay here for the first time. For me and my Family is and shall remain the most comfortable and luxurious hotel in Bangkok and we would like to recommend this hotel to everyone, planning trip to this unbelievable metropolis.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swabianpenguin
Reviewed 31 August 2010

A complete package, amazing rooms offering a fantastic view of the bangkok skyline. The best part is the buffet breakfast and lunches, the most exhaustive and best of the cuisines from all over the world.
It is right in the center of the pratlam market with good accesibility to all the important areas in city.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank terimuahdi
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed with our family (2 teenagers) for several days in this nicely decorated hotel. The location is perfect in the shopping centre of Bangkok. The skytrain is in walking distance as wel as the watertaxi. The staff is very courtious and friendly and gives the feeling like coming home.
The rooms are large and comfortable. Cleaning is perfect every day. The swimmingpool is
beautiful situated on the 5th floor with view at the city. There are several restaurants serving nice and good food in a pleasant atmosphere inside this hotel. I can recommend this service oriented hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family