“Cozy with attentive management and staff”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #67 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Chiangmai
“Cozy with attentive management and staff”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I have stayed in this hotels many times over the years. The services and hospitality have always improved. No wonder to see them with full house. Their executive lounge on the 32nd floor is exceptional.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Agkarajit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I stayed for 4 days in Amari Watergate Hotel. Room was spacious and clean, breakfast was OK, lunch was excellent. But the neighboring area is too crowded. Trafic jam is almost all day. When I went from the airport to the hotel, it took me 2 and a half hour and Baht 420 (excluding 50 as surcharge). I was lucky on the return, as I left the hotel to the airport at noon, so it took me just an hour and I paid Baht 200 only.

The massage service in the hotel is too expensive. I had my food massaged outside the hotel in a nice shop at Baht 170 only, and felt very much relaxed, while in the hotel the service is offered for Baht 1400.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Lien_Le
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Amari is one of the best hotel chains in Thailand. Usually they are very expensive, but luckily i found this one within my price bracket. The hotel entrance is truely GRAND... Its huge lobby gives a royal look to the entire hotel. My check in was not so smooth though. I had booked a room with LCD tv, and they gave me normal tv, so i called the reception for this matter. They changed the room for me within minutes. So i had nothing to complain...

The room was spacious and clean. Though i didnt really like the bathroom.. Its just a regular toilet, but very clean..

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. The sitar girls plays music every evening in the lobby.. Really enjoyed ....

• Stayed August 2010
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Date : 26 Aug 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and excellent international 5 star hotel.
The hotel is in the heart of the Bangkok city and most of the shopping arcades and malls are at a walking distance or a small travel ,, so you dont end wasting your time in traffic blocks of Bangkok city.

The hotel has excellent pool and spa services.
The food is awesome , we had indian cuisine for our buffet breakfast and it was a total surpise to us.
I strongly recommend this hotel for all travellers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I really loved the location of this hotel! Its near the shopping district. The rooms are big and clean and comfy!

But the staff at the front desk are rude. I never saw them smile.. I went to the front desk to purchase a card for the internet, and it was like I was invisble to them.. I had to "break" the conversation between the staff and ask for help. And they gave me "the look" and talked thai between each other..

Besides the rude staff I liked the rooms and the location :)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My family and I just stayed Amari Watergate for more than 5 nights in the executive floor. It was a fabulous.... room was clean and neat, room service was excellent, check in was so smooth. From the entrance of the hotel to the room was nice and kind. Staff at the pool and the spa was very nice with the smile.
I would definitely will be back to this hotel and recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Even though I was so far away from home, they make me feel like I was at my own home.
We been pamper by their staff and services

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
TERRIGAL
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Ideal location in the heart of Pratanum shopping district of Bangkok - a dream for our lady shoppers - Markets at your front door - across the road the Platinum Centre with 2000 shops - Pantip Plaza for Computer needs just up the road.
Free form swimming pool on the 8th floor a virtual Oasis in the heart of Bangkok with City views.. A very desirable hotel to stay in either for a stopover or longer term.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business