“Terrific hotel”

Ranked #94 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Köln
“Terrific hotel”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We arrived there: dirty and exhausted backpackers. It didn't make a difference at all. The service was perfect, super friendly at all times. The best hotel we've ever stayed at. Excellent breakfast, fantastic rooms with an unbeatable view. Go there, it's gonna be an experience of a lifetime. For Thailand, it's comparatively expensive; but it gives you a breeze of fresh air in the city of Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank rfranken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We recently stayed at Lebua at State Tower for one night on a stop over from Australia to London. I spent a lot of time researching hotels in Bangkok and really was unsure what one to choose as there are many great hotels at similar prices.
I'm so glad that I decided on Lebua at State Tower - it really was fantastic.
We had a room on the 56th floor, which was huge. Plenty of water supplied and lush toilettries (which was fantastic for me as Air Asia lost my luggage!) even a good quality brush included in the toiletry supplies!

We visited the bar on the 64th floor - which was breathtaking - blown away by the views and so glad we went up for a look.

Unfortunately as my luggage was lost I had no clothes so didn't feel like dining out at one of their lovely restaurants (although we had a booking!) so we dined in our room on the room service menu. Food is available in rooms from both Sirocco and Breeze restaurants upstairs which is great! Food was amazing!
There is also a coffee machine in the room and almost full kitchen.
The hotel does seem slightly old but didn't bother us!

I'd highly recommend and we will def stay here again next time we are in Bangkok!

The only negative thing I could say about the hotel was that checkin did take a long time for us. Over 25mins of waiting in the foyer until our room was ready (and this was 8pm at night). After a long flight and lost luggage I would have preffered a quicker check in.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janelouise1981
London
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I usually agree with the consensus view on tripadvisor but the excellent reviews for the Lebua leave me baffled following our recent stay. The hotel is, in my opinion, really quite average for the price. Entrance to the hotel is either via the taxi drop off round the back or through a deserted (and sometimes pretty foul smelling) shopping centre. We were 'upgraded' to the Club and, even so, the rooms, whilst large, clean and perfectly comfortable, are completely uninspiring. Only the view prevented our room from being really quite bland. Breakfast was ok. Drinks are extortionate (even for Bangkok). £6 for a beer. The Sky Bar was a disappointment and too busy to be enjoyable. Note that they do not allow you to take pics of the bar. Finally, I appreciate that this is a city hotel which isn't designed to cater as a beach hotel might, but the lack of sun beds around the swimming pool (approx 25 for a v. large hotel) after a busy day in the city was extremely frustrating - the guy who worked around the pool seemed quite embarrassed when asked whether any further beds were available - there was ample space. Between my husband and I, we have stayed in both cheaper and more expensive hotels in Bangkok, both of which impressed us more.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnonFromLondon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2011

On arriving at Lebua we were told (after booking over the internet) that the rooms were all booked and would we mind staying in one of the suites in Tower Club with river views!!!

What an amazing room, we stayed on the 53rd floor and would recommend to anyone. The views were spectacular, the room was spectacular, the breakfast was spectacular...need I go on?

I would say, as with others who have wrote reviews, that the only downfall is the price of drinks in both Sirocco and Breeze. However we saw this as a one off and decided to treat ourselves - you only live once hey?! I preferred Breeze to Sirocco as the staff were friendly and the atmosphere didn't just thrive from the stunning views. You could also sit down in Breeze which if, like me, you are not a fan of heights is handy.

The location was fine as we were able to travel to all the tourist sites cheaply. I'm not sure about restaurants nearby as we ate in the hotel and Centara Grand for both nights.

We have stayed in some great hotels across the world and this one topped all! Its a must and an amazing start to our holiday.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny_Howarth
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We have just changed our flights from Singapore to Bangkok so we can book again at the Lebua Hotel (will book soon for April 28). We always stayed at the Marriott in Bangkok ,and it’s great too, but now it’s the Lebua. The Thai people are renowned for their smiling and charming service but the Lebua takes it to another level. The actual hotel has it’s pluses and minuses (few minuses), like all hotels, at the end of the day it’s just a big building, albeit with fantastic views (and a sensational breakfast buffet), but the people in that building are what sets it apart. From the General Manager all the way down the line, they seem to have a common purpose of making you feel welcome. Surprisingly enough, in this world, that’s a lost art for some ‘inn keepers’. Well done Lebua you should ALL be very proud. See you again in April.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wetravellots101
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 12 March 2011

My husband and I had been traveling on a budget for nearly 6 months when he surprised me with a stay at Lebua. It was simply amazing -- a very luxurious king-size bed, a bathroom with both a shower and a tub, two televisions, a mini-kitchen, and a beautiful balcony view. The breakfast that was included was absolutely ridiculous -- pretty much any cuisine you could want was there. The staff and service was also amazing. If I could afford it, I'd stay here again and again and again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrifterTraveler
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I am in my room as I write this. I am take a cycling tour for Bangkok to Siem Reap Cambodia. We are a groupof 8 in this hotel that book 4 rooms. We invited our tour leaders to come to our hotel to meet with us and give us an over view of our tour. Ee gathered in the hotel lobby bar where we where met a very angry server. She let the new friends from Cabodia know they where not welcome. We told her that they where with us and this only made us her more angry. She than said that evey one must buy a drink, which we all had planed on doning anyway. After her rude treatment and stopping around the bar I refused to get a drink. She brought me a bottle of water and acted as if I ordered it. I told her no and to take it away, which she did, but she tried to charge me for it just the same. I refused to pay for it, she finely gave up as we walked out. This hotel is nice but saddly all I can think of know is the very rude bar server. Not how I like to start my vacation. I also sad that I have one more night here.

• Stayed March 2011