lebua at State Tower
US$137
US$124
Travelocity
7,777 results
All reviewssky barthe hangovertower clubbreeze restaurantsirocco restaurantthe riverriver view suiteliving roomour honeymoonrooms are hugeamazing hotelbreakfast was amazinghotel guestsbreakfast buffetupgraded to a suitesitting areasilom road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed here for a few nights on our honeymoon and loved it. Highlights:

- Breakfast buffet is very tasty
- River view suite is well worth the upgrade (we got it for free since it was the off season, but I would have paid more for it) -- fantastic view
- Luxurious feeling suite (huge bathroom, large room, etc.)
- Food throughout the hotel is decent but overpriced
- Sky bar was a nice experience, although the view from our room was almost as good and private. We went because they gave us vouchers for free drinks - a nice touch.
- Location OK, not the best though.
- The concierge tried to get us to buy some expensive river cruise to get to the Grand Palace, when we just wanted to take the cheap river taxi there. This was kind of annoying. The nearby dock also seems to be exclusively associated with another expensive river cruise. It took us a while to figure out how to find and take the regular cheap boat.

Room Tip: the hotel runs discounts on their website and through jetsetter.com, check frequently for free upgrades and special rates
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leilani9484
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We booked a suite in Lebua at State Tower for 2 days, while coming back from Tokyo. The room was huge with all the facilities. There was big Gym with shower on a higher floor (I think 47th?). Overall experience was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I'm staying at the hotel right now. My first time. My friend, an American with family in Thailand, was trying to show us how amazingly beautiful the 64th floor bar was. Unfortunately, he was in slippers. The lady guarding the elevators told us about the dress code - no open toes for men. Fair enough. We respect the hotel policy but we wanted to see the bar and have a drink there and tried to find the right shoes for him. He even tried on my wife's shoes because he really wanted to show us how beautiful the bar was. I didn't know about the shoe code and we really didn't have the right shoes, so I asked the door lady if she could help us find a pair or work out something. She wasn't at all helpful. In fact, all she could do was tell us how wrong his shoes were, how she cannot let us in and she did so very rudely too. In front of our wives and children. She argued with my friend in a loud tone while other guests were around and then told him to leave. This is not 5-star service. In fact, it's extremely embarrassing to me and highly unprofessional. Shouldn't a hotel find ways to make their guests feel welcome? Couldn't she find or borrow a pair of shoes to help us out? And not that it should matter, but the man she was rude to is an advisor to the mayor of a major US city. And all he was trying to do was to show off the hotel to us. I've never had any other 5-star hotel pull something like this. Ever. It has marred our initial good impression of the hotel for good.

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank Bigcowideas
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I don't normally write reviews of hotels, mainly because they all seemed the same to me, That is, until I stayed at the Lebua! I had a fantastic stay. I showed up late and feeling pretty rough after a long flight at the service was just impeccable. It didn't hurt that I was upgraded to a suite on the 55th floor with a river view (score!). I loved the view, the huge bed, the lovely shower (only slight negative in this whole thing is the shower head was fixed a little low for me and I'm 5'10, I don't know how the tall blokes cope). The breakfast was sensational with a really wide selection, I think I ate my daily calorie intake. I would recommend going early because it was much more relaxing at 7am than when I went the next day at 9.30am. All of the staff were so helpful and polite and I couldn't have had a better time. All of my requests were answered politely and quickly, vases were brought for my flowers, cars booked, bags taken. The Sky Bar was fantastic and contrary to the experiences some people here, they were fine about people taking a couple of pictures. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This was my first time in Bangkok, and it seemed fitting to stay at the Lebua. The entire experience was first-rate, and I will definitely stay here again.
The rooms are large and well-appointed. The furniture is very comfortable, and the beds are a welcome sight after a long day of palaces and temples. The bathroom, especially, is fantastic - large enclosed shower, jet tub, huge towels, and Bulgari toiletries! The staff will open the balcony doors on request (and after the waiver is signed...) - bring the best camera you have.
The breakfast buffet was included in my package, and I was glad that it was. There is a wide selection and the hot dishes are freshly-made. Fresh coffee is bought to your table and an empty plate never sits for very long.
Sky Bar is pricey, but you're not paying for the drinks - you're paying for the view, and it's worth every penny. Go up and watch the sun set over the city for a perfect start to the night.
The staff is incredibly polite (almost unsettlingly so...) From the front desk at check-in to the bell service that calls your cab for the flight home, everyone makes you feel welcome.
Don't stay here because of The Hangover 2 - stay here because it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Riverview Suite!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo